Within the city: 6
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was right, you couldn’t miss it.

A reserved lot full of busybodies, drinking swill and eating cuts, somehow packed within a tight space. And space was the only word for it, since there weren’t ‘rooms’, but rather under the roof and outside of the roof.

Dwarves and elves on their rinds upon the grass with a mug in hand, or goblins and halflings armwrestling over a table flaking up wood chips in their grub. Cragg’ulan thought it was a waste of food, but he didn’t buy it, so he got no say.

His crowd clearing technique seemed like it would be heavily dampened in this situation. Too many of these people are the rough n’ tumble type, so he would just have to swim through.

That is, he would have, had it not been for Hush just walking forward. Lizardfolk were extremely rare to see, and one as tall as Hush made it near impossible to not move out of the way. Add in plate armor, big weapons, and a bigger tail, and he couldn’t have paid for a better path clearer himself!

It’s not that Hush was rude, persay, but… they looked at things with a different perspective. As in a taller one, which makes them more oblivious to the little folk. He was more than happy to just follow along.

Pocketing his pipe after a proper clean, his gaze soon fell upon an open table. More than happy to notify his companion, they sat down in some surprisingly empty spots. Of course, luck just happened to be one of his many skills.

The tables weren’t your average tables. They were cut and crafted to be for public use, inviting strangers to dine with one another. He didn’t have a problem with it, and if Hush did, they didn’t raise any objections.

“What can I get ya?”

Oh, he raised his hand out of habit. Fantastic.

“What do you have?”

“Liquor and food, you name it and we probably have it somewhere.” The proprietor herself working showed just how much business she had. And, from the looks of it, she also happens to be a half orc, only of the fairer tone.

“Hmmm,” he hummed a bit to himself, brushing his scraggly chin.

He didn’t wait long, the sweat of roaming around already soaking into the long bandana of the old woman.

“Some meat for my friend and I and 2 ales!”

“50 copper each, made half price for adventurers and the like.”

Cragg’ulan gives her three silver.

“Whatever is the equivalent of one silver for I and my friend. The last piece, for you.”

The older woman nods and moves at an incredible speed. Cragg didn’t even bother talking, as her practiced hands didn’t even need a second to pick up pre prepared trays. Within seconds more she was upon them. 

Six mugs total, still fizzing to the brim as full cooked chickens of incredible size and warm pig greeted their gaze, an apple in the mouth for a loving touch.

To the sides were soups and stew, with some hearty eats scattered about as even more appetizers. The sight could induce a heart attack in someone, and he loved every second of it.

Using his right hand, he pushed his bowl of stew to the very intimidating seating buddy while with his left he gripped a mug of ale. He inhaled the alcohol, the fizz sticking to his grizzly mane and the rest of it down his throat, save it be a bit left to swish around in his mouth.

Hmmm, a bit watered down. 

It did, however, go very well with the bowl of beer nuts and a leg of hog.

“What do you think Hush?” he said as he looked at the now empty bowl. How do you eat it that fast? Do you just eat it with the helmet on? “Good eats?”

Hush shrugged.

Cragg’ulan couldn’t help but smile at that.

Gorging himself on the more than welcome meal (One where he didn’t even see under the Hush’s helm a single time), the table was almost completely devoured. Almost meaning that the beer nuts had disappeared into a certain half-orc’s pouch, and foam still popping on his beard.

He waved to the owner. “Thank you kindly!”

She didn’t do anything, but his sharp ears could pick up the grunt in response.

“Now then, Hush, what’da say to finding an inn to stay the night in?”

Hush did what Hush does.

Hush shrugged.

1