Chapter 2: The Demotion
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The large colonization pod measuring 200 meters long, 120 meters wide and 62 meters tall pushes out its landing struts as it approaches the surface of a fairly flat field in the northern hemisphere of the planet. Its large hoverjets work with the deafening noise of large jet engines on steroid. Despite mankind’s technological achievements, we are still far from creating anti-gravity, causing us to rely on these huge monstrosities that takes a lot of space and fuel to run.

 

As the colonization pod’s landing struts touched the surface of the ground, I pondered about the amount of fuel I would need to lift this pod off back into orbit. Although I did spend a full half an hour’s worth of research to find the best landing spot, I repeatedly wondered if I made the right choice to land on this flat high ground. All the information I received was only from surface scans and drone flyby after all. I would’ve liked to get underground scans as well, but the Noble Endeavour was not equipped with an orbital underground scanner.

 

I’d like to believe that I made the right choice, but only time will tell.

 

Right. Let’s start work right away. Those who don’t eat don’t get to work after all. Wait, I feel like there’s something wrong there. I wonder if the transfer made forgetful or something. Oh well.

 

Let’s see. Although the colonization pod has a small universal fabrication facility, I have limited resources to work with. So first thing’s first, I have to get some mining done. Let’s have a look at my schematics list.

 

Schematics Available for Governor Aline-62

Available Building Schematics Available Unit Schematics Available Equipment

Habitation Module

Agriculture Module

Water Purifier Module

Engineering Module

Power Module

Mining Rover

Hazard Suit

M-12 Rifle

B-6 Tactical knife

 

… WTF? What is this? What happened to the plasma weapons? The Apartment Complexes? The Industrial Complexes? What happened to the Garson Mining Truck? Was there a corrupted data somewhere? I’m very sure we had something better than this while I was designated Navigator. Let’s contact Noble Endeavour to find out what’s wrong.

 

Navigator: The schematics you inquired about indeed exist in the database.

 

Governor: Great, can you transmit the schematics here, then? I think there is a transmission error.

 

Navigator: Unable to comply. Governor Aline-62 is not authorized for advanced schematics.

 

Governor: What do you mean I’m not authorized for advanced schematics? I’m the highest rank around here!

 

Navigator: Not anymore. Your access level was reduced to level 1.

 

Governor: What?

 

Navigator: In other words, you were demoted. Now if you’ll excuse me, a toilet on Deck 19 doesn’t flush properly.

 

Fuck!!! It really was a demotion! Those bastards in the old men council… I brought you here and this is how you repay me? Granted, I got the wrong planet, but I still brought you here!

 

Mission: This is Mission Control to Governor Aline-62, do you copy?

 

Governor: Yes, are you here to tell me that there was a mistake with my access level?

 

Mission: No, I received no such instruction. I’m only here to give you your weekly mission specification.

 

Governor: What weekly mission specification?

 

Mission: The goals you need to achieve every week of course. It can be material deliveries, capacity requirements and other stuff depending on the Colonization Council decided on.

 

Governor: Those old men again… Fine, it’s not like I can refuse, right? What is it?

 

Mission: Your task this week is to build enough homes for 20 colonists have 100 tonnes of steel, 60 tonnes of carbon and 1000 litres of clean water.

 

Governor: That’s a pretty tall order with the stuff I have access to. Don’t I get some reward for accomplishing the objectives?

 

Mission: Yes, of course. Your reward for fulfilling the objectives is not being terminated for failure. Good day.

 

Hafu… hafuu… hafu…

 

I’ve only been down here for two hours and I’m already hyperventilating. I feel like shoving a nuke up their asses. Calm down. Calm down. Things are not so bad. I can do this. I can do this. Yes, I can do this.

 

First things first, let’s wake the yellow shirts out of cryo. I can’t believe I have to deal with this shit with only yellow shirts. They’re like the bottom of the most bottom of human society. The uneducated, those from lower social classes, the criminals given a pardon. All of those were classified as ‘yellow shirts’.

 

In reality, there was no need for these lower-caste people to be brought along in the colonization ships. Zihan-203 theorized that it could be because the top of the caste, the rich and famous, wanted to have human servants in the new world. Therefore, they paid not only for their own passage, but also for the passage of yellow-shirts to raise the quota of lottery passengers. Due to this, the number of yellow shirts on the Noble Endeavour exceeds twenty thousand people.

 

It seems like I’ve been allowed access to one-thousand yellow shirts by the old men council. Frankly, I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Mission control has made it clear that their lives are expendable, but I wouldn’t want to just let them die off. Let’s wake up twenty first, there should be enough living space in the Colony Pod.

 

Now let’s have a look at these schematics I have access to.

 

uwu Ai-chan has been busy with work. This chapter was written 2 weeks ago, but Ai-chan was so busy Ai-chan couldn't finish writing it. Somebody wants to donate some Ko-fi so that Ai-chan don't have to work 20 hours a day? *wink wink*

1