Fairy Godmother’s Forgotten Charge
1.9k 7 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Gosh I straight up completely forgot that I had written this one. It was a more shitposty story with a simple silly premise of a prince sneaking into his sister's room to spy on her sleepover because he felt excluded with the "no boys allowed" rule. I wonder why.

You know why. This is like the tenth story in this anthology, you know how these go. This one is in present tense first person though, so, enjoy.

Ridiculous, just absolutely ridiculous. At least you might think so. The prince of a small kingdom, envious of his older sister hosting a sleepover for visiting princesses… that has a no boys allowed rule. Didn’t she realise how much it hurt me? It’s not like I wanted to creep on them or anything. I just wanted to be included. Don’t ask me why I want to be included in a lineup of princesses, I don’t know! The clothes seem less stiff. The stuff they do calmer. Dad tried to get me to socialise with a couple princes, but they all were much older than me, and interested in vastly different things from me. 

So, that’s why I’m here now. About ten minutes until the girls show up, and I’m sitting in her closet. Kinda makes me feel bad for where Ellie, my favorite maid, sleeps. I should ask mom and dad to improve stuff for her. Nevermind that right now though. That’s something for after I’m done watching a bunch of girls have a sleepover I’m not invited to. God my heart is racing right now. I really hope she doesn’t find me here. The kingdom would have no male heir if she did, I’m sure of it. Oh. The door’s creaking. I thought I had more time. I can make out the outline of the girls entering the room just barely through these cracks. I should have snuck under the bed. I hate being in this closet. Sure there’s space in it, and I can stretch and move around. But the line of dresses is making me feel bad that I can’t wear them. Again, don’t ask me why, I don’t know. Same reason I don’t know why I’m hiding the stuffed bunny I’ve had since I was a baby away from dad so he doesn’t throw her out. Oh, they’re talking now, I should probably listen in. 

“I’m so glad you could make it! God sometimes you just need to hang out with your friends instead of meeting at balls.” Right of course sister dearest Amelia starts speaking first, no surprise there. 

“Ugh, tell me about it, all the noble boys trying their best to impress me with their peacock feathers. Meanwhile I only got eyes for the cute guard on duty.” That would be Lesley, heiress to the Popsicla Queendom. Looks like she left the sorcery foci at home tonight. I mean to be fair it is spring, making an ice pillar in the room to cool it down wouldn’t do much good yet. 

“Oooooh did you finally manage to ask her out?” Oh, nice to see Kida. Second in line for the Pacifica City State throne. I always like the little flying fish vehicles they had there. We got a summer home there, you see. Best location for enjoying the sea. 

“I keep trying. Hints. Flirts. Clues. Outright declarations. She keeps thinking I’m just praising her for how good she is at guard duty. I swear I could remove her armor go down on her and she wouldn’t get it.” Was what Lesley replied to that question. Wow, can someone really be that clueless? AND keep their job as a guard? I can’t believe people like that exist. Oh hey, Medea is signing a reply. Uuuuugh I can’t hear her properly through these damn bars. I’m only getting every other word! Is she signing sorry to Lesley? I guess so. I mean, if I was out of the closet I could properly hear her signing. But that’s not happening until the sleepover is finished.  

“Ladies and gentlethem my narcolepsy pills are gonna lose their effect soon so if you wanna have some fun you better quickly change into jammies cause I’m already in mine.” Poor Borealis. I was wondering how she was planning to run her kingdom when she took over. The throne would probably be a bed. 

“Oh yeah, put your bags wherever and get changed, I’ll grab mine now.” Amelia’s turning from the group now. And walking towards the closet. That I’m in. Fuck. FUCK. I thought I’d have more time! That I’d get to observe them before she discovered me. Or that she’d never discover me and I’d keep this as a cherished memory. “Charlie? What are you doing in there?” Fuck my mouth is dry my throat is refusing to cooperate come on body come on answer her it’s such a simple thing to answer! Just tell her you wanted to be included in the sleepover and felt bad and so you snuck in her closet to observe! Come on is it that hard to speak!!! We learned it when we were two years old you useless flesh prison! 

“Charlie? As in your younger brother?” Oh no Lesley was looking now. Kida too. And Medea, and Borealis. And Lan. Okay that explains the Gentlethem. Wait body you can’t speak but you’re ready to tear up? Am I really crying now? I thought I managed to hide it when I cried. That I had figured out how to keep my tears in check to be at least somewhat presentable, even when stuff hurt. 

“Oh no you have no right to be crying right now you pervert, you were going to watch us get naked weren’t you?” What? No, Amelia, what’re you saying? I could never do something like that! You know me better than that! You know such a thought wouldn’t even cross my mind. Or, did she really know me like that? With how distant she constantly was, ignoring me, avoiding me. No. She wouldn’t know. Fuck, now I’m crying even harder. 

“N-no… no no no no I couldn’t- I wouldn’t- I can’t...” Time to look at the floor. I can’t face her. I can’t face any of them. 

“You obviously can if you’re sitting in here, waiting. How long have you been in there? Gross. Get out. Don’t talk to me ever again.” Amelia please stop accusing me like that. What else can I do but curl up even more. Knees against my chest, head buried in them. 

“I-I just wanted to be here. I wanted to be included. But you said no boys allowed, and hearing it hurt.” Okay NOW you start working speaking apparatus, real mature. 

“Amelia, let me handle this.” Handle what, what does Lesley want to handle? Oh. A hand on my shoulder? “Charlie. In what way did hearing that hurt.” Can I even… answer that properly. Oh no. I know the answer. 

“Because… it meant she saw me as a boy.” Oh no oh no oh no stop the train pump the brakes please I want off this ride don’t make me say it!!! 

“And why does being seen as a boy hurt you?” Leslie dammit damn your verbal icicles digging deep! 

“Because… I don’t want to be one.” Fuck. Cat’s out of the bag. Cat has escaped the bag and ran straight out of the castle gates into the forest, never to be seen again. I really don’t want to be a boy. That’s why I wanted to be included. That’s why I was envious of the dresses. I think I can face Lesley now. Teary eyed as I am. Wait, she’s smiling? Gently? And now she’s patting my head. 

“You don’t have to be one. You can be a girl if you want to be.” 

“...I do. I want to be one.” Wiping my tears away so I can see better. Amelia’s looking not surprised, just annoyed. 

“Lesley how’d you guess that one so quickly?” Her questions aimed at the one patting my head, of course. 

“Oh, easy. Previous experience. None of you ever saw Bell before she transitioned. She kept holeing  herself up in her room for days at a time before I decided to just burst in there.” Wow, Lesley. Wow. Why… are you wiping away a tear now. “Let’s just say if I hadn’t done so, I wouldn’t have a little sister.” Wait. Wait. Bell got that depressed over not being a girl? I guess I must be… still in deep shit with my older sister. Medea’s signing congratulations cutie at me, finishing it with a heart. That’s sweet of her. I guess. Probably is? Okay Amelia is grabbing my shoulders now and looking me straight in the eyes. 

“Okay, Charlie. I wanted to have a fun night with my friends. I will have a fun night with my friends. And I guess since the no boys rule doesn’t apply to you, you can join us. And then we’re telling mom and dad. Please don’t cry again.” 

“I didn’t expect you to be supportive of me, Amelia… thank you.” Right, tightly hug sister. Right now. There. Hug deployed. 

“Are you kidding me right now Charlie, Lan is in the room!” 

“You pulled a ‘I can’t be transphobic’ with me there, Amelia. I don’t quite appreciate that.” I mean Lan’s right. Not a cool move. 

“To nail the point home that I’m gonna support my little sister! Sheesh, thude.” And now Amelia’s shaking her head. And dragging me out of the closet. “Go get those ridiculous bunny pyjamas you think nobody knows you sleep in and Miss Knight! And don’t come back without them.” Well, she’s pushing me out of her room for a second. To send me on an errand. Oh fuck who told her about Miss Knight?! My room is only two doors down, I can be quick about it. Oof, something bumped into my chest there. Ellie?!?! 

“Hey there your highness, was waiting for you to grab these.” She’s handing me my pyjamas and Miss Knight. And I’m blushing now. How’d she find her?!?! “I know literally everything that happens in this castle, Prin-cess. Thanks for doing that, I won the betting pool. Now go have fun with the other girls plus one enby.” Whoa Ellie I’m still the… the… the princess. I’m the princess. I’m a princess. I’M A PRINCESS!!! AAAA!!!! I’M THE PRINCESS AND MY FAVORITE SERVANT IS TURNING ME AROUND AND NUDGING ME BACK TO MY SISTER’S ROOM AND NOW SHE’S MAKING IT CLEAR SHE’S GONNA BE ON DUTY ALL NIGHT AND SHE’S LEAVING ME HERE AFTER THAT REALISATION WITH A HUGE GRIN ON MY FACE. 

“Charlie. That smile is too much. What is it about?” WELL LET ME ANSWER THAT RIGHT AWAY AMELIA

“I’M A PRINCESS!!!” 

“Yeah, duh, you’re the child of royalty and a girl. It kinda comes with the territory.” Amelia can’t I enjoy this realisation, please? 

“Let her have this, Amelia. She didn’t know until now. Look at how happy she is.” Thank you Lesley. Wait Kida why are you giggling now. 

“Oh my gosh she’s gonna be so cute in a new swimsuit when you visit this summer!” Oh noes oh no don’t think that far ahead yet Kida please I just need a calm sleepover night of being a girl first. Of being a girl. I’m a girl. I can’t believe it took me so long to realise it. 

I think I understand Lesley’s guard girl on a more personal level now. 

Thanks for reading and getting through this, if you wish to support me financially you can do so through my patreon, https://www.patreon.com/SynTheGuardian , where I post everything, including exclusive stories and chapters of my longer stories right as I finish writing them, so you don't have to stick to a weekly upload schedule of waiting.

And if you wish to chat, you can follow this link to join the discord server https://discord.gg/VDVMVrc

51