Passing Backstage
1.7k 7 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Oh what's this? A new one-shot on here? Yes, a new fun oneshot. And it was a prompt request from an author acquaintance of mine, GoddessElizabeth, she's not on Scribblehub but is on deviantart and the webcomic she writes is up on Pixiv. Here's the link to chapter 1 https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/85288740 , I am honestly excited to see chapter 2 come out.

Anyways, enjoy a truly life changing concert

Cassie drags me through the front doors of the bar and I cough the moment we enter. The atmosphere is so thick with smoke I cannot see the ceiling through the cloud that clings to it. Were it not for the stage lights illuminating the crew still setting up, the bar would be as dark as a midnight stroll. 

“Cassie, what band is even playing that you’re so excited?” I don’t have to shout yet for her to hear me, the concert is in half an hour and people have not really started coming in yet. 

“It’s Transitional Period!” Cassie beams at me, excitement evident on her face, her bright orange pixie cut like a beacon in the bar, her ears sporting enough piercings it took her half an hour to get through a metal detector, and her outfit fitting for a summer concert: tank top and jean shorts with combat boots and fishnets. She is the perfect image of a punk rock fan. “I found them on Bandcamp a month ago and haven’t stopped listening to them since. I didn’t expect a punk band to utilise synthesisers, but somehow they make it work with the heavy bass guitar.” She waves over the bartender. “A beer for me and a soda for the responsible one here.” She points to me as she says so. 

“Hey! I just, unlike SOME people, haven’t been peer pressured into developing Stockholm Syndrome for piss.” 

“I’m not into watersports either, dude.” She flinches as I punch her arm for her dumb joke.

“Jackass.” 

“Didn’t get peer pressured into beer but got propaganda-ed into sodas, huh?” 

“You have one more perfectly fine shoulder for me to hit, don’t tempt me. Weren’t you talking about the band anyways?” The bartender puts down our drinks and Cassie has some of hers. 

“Right, yeah, the band. The frontwoman of it jokes that it would go against their cultural legacy if they didn’t use synths and bass guitars, and that they don’t want to disappoint Wendy Carlos.”  I must say, I’m not the biggest music fan, so the name drop did nothing for me. Really, I only came because Cassie was the one friend I had and had managed to keep after High School. Which was shocking, since we couldn’t be more different. 

“No clue who that is.” I admit to my lack of expertise and Cassie shrugs, drinking more of her beer. 

“That’s alright, I’m at least glad you came along.” She scrunches up her face. “Fuck, I need to run to the bathroom, watch my beer.” She runs off, leaving me completely alone at the bar. I hold her beer in my free hand and keep it close to my chest. 

“I’m glad she has someone she can trust like that.” The voice is unfamiliar to me, it’s husky and enticing and thick, like well-made barbecue sauce. Shit, now I’ve made myself hungry. I turn in the direction of the voice, and my jaw nearly drops. I swear, the eyes of the woman standing before me glow an ominous purple in the dim light of the bar. Her dark hair reaches well past her waist and looks more like a fancy cape than hair, and her outfit leaves me speechless. “I’m Sally, and you?” 

“L-Lucas.” As I say it her eyes narrow, it feels like they are boring into me, digging out a deep truth from my heart that I do not wish to admit to myself. I mean what truth, there is no truth to dig up from my heart. She grins. 

“Well, Lucas...” She slides two backstage passes across the bar towards me. “I think I’d like to see you and your friend after the show. I imagine we might have something to talk about. Hope you have fun.” She waves at me as she walks away, and I do my best not to stare. I find my left hand grasping for air once more as Cassie takes her beer, which I only notice when I hear her sigh. 

“Thank fuck I wore the black ones today, that was close.” 

“You alright?” 

“Yeah, Auntie Flow just decided to drop by ahead of schedule, the little bitch. Be glad you don’t have to deal with her.” When she mentions it my gut tightens, and I awkwardly smile. 

“Y-yeah, wouldn’t want those.” My response makes her scrutinise my face more than Sally did, but in the end she shrugs. 

“Hey, what’re those?” She grabs the backstage passes, and her eyes light up with excitement. “Holy shit, how’d you get these?!” 

“A lady with hair down to here,” I gesture to help with my description, “gave them to me for holding your beer. Ominously said we have something to talk about.” 

“Well, if she was from Transitional Period, maybe she wants a taste of your feminine charms. You always wore skirts better than me.” 

“Hush, you, you promised not to talk about that anymore; we were sixteen and I was simply really curious.”  I bury my face in my soda to try and keep myself from saying anything more.

“Eh, I think you’d still rock them, honestly. Hell, if I’m wasted enough after the concert, just drag me home and I’ll force you into one, just like old times.” She thankfully finished her sentence after I had swallowed my drink, because if she hadn’t I would have done a spit take. 

“Half a beer and you’re already out of it, didn’t take you for a lightweight.” Now it was my turn to get punched in the shoulder. 

 

Soon enough the bar lights dim even further, something I didn’t think possible up until it happened, and on the stage steps a trio. “Hey, we’re The Siblings Grim and we’re opening for Transitional Period tonight, first up is ‘Red Hot Iron Shoes’.” 

The song is full of scorned feelings towards abusive parents, desire for comeuppance, a hope for a better future. They follow it up with “Waking Up a Mother,” a song about wasting your life away following expectations until one moment you realise you hate it and that your husband is a shitheel. And they finish their set with “Crashing With Six Bears and a Twink.” I didn’t really understand if they were good or bad, objectively or subjectively, but I did enjoy what they played, and that is enough, I figure. 

As they leave the stage, the lights turn off, and everyone in the bar goes quiet. You can hear a pin drop. It is this silence that gets broken with the clacking of high heels on the stage. A single dim blue light illuminates the mic, just enough to make it clear someone is in front of it. “You promised me, it would happen to me, when my time came to grow up. But in the end, it fell to me, to ruin all the jeans I loved,” a pause in the singing, in what was a bittersweet opener, “with the First Blood of my enemies!” The stage erupts with lights, the song picks up energy suddenly, and I am blown away completely, my focus entirely on the song. When the song finishes, the frontwoman laughs. “Hey there, darlings, hope you enjoyed our opener of ‘First Blood’. We’re going to follow it up with ‘Hearts Stashed in Lockers’.” 

Cassie screams next to me, sings along to each song, the energy of the room rises exponentially until I’m absorbed with it and join in on the chorus of ‘Power Fantasy’, ‘Monster Pills’, ‘Dreamy Knife Fight’, ‘Battering Ram’ and ‘Lost Time Euphoria’. My face feels wet and I wipe away tears I’m surprised to see. I have not been able to cry for years now, yet all the songs that Sally sings on stage speak to me on a level I do not understand. 

Wait, shit, that’s Sally singing on the stage, she’s the frontwoman of Transitional Period. Her gaze falls on me after the last song and she winks at me. I gulp nervously, watching her smile and laugh, her hair still flawless. “Well, that’s it for tonight, lovelies; remember you can buy our albums on Bandcamp, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to find out where our next concert is.” She clacks her way off the stage and Cassie has her arms around mine already. 

“Come on! We have backstage passes!” She drags me through the crowd, flashing the passes at the guard, who lets us through. Unlike in the main room, here I get to see the ceiling, and the walls covered in old posters of many different bands. Cassie squeals as we pass a few of them. “Holy fuck, Left at London played here! I can’t believe it.” 

She doesn’t even get to knock on the door before it opens, revealing Sally in the doorframe. 

“Well, well, well, you two made it after all. I’ve met your dear friend already, but I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you.” She seems to loom over us as her gaze falls on Cassie. 

“I’mCassieI’mAHugeFanILoveAllYourAlbumsI’mSoHonoredToMeetYouYouHave--” Cassie’s ramble gets interupted by Sally’s finger on her lips. 

“Slow down, dear, don’t want you asphyxiating.” She laughs her deep comforting laugh and steps aside to let us through. “Let me introduce you to the rest of the band. That’s Alice and Bunny, and the lovely dear stimming with her drum sticks is Lily.” All of them wave at us, but Alice and Bunny perk up when they see me. 

“I bet happy tears,” Alice says, grinning. 

“I bet squealing in joy,” Bunny offers as a counterbet. I stay confused. 

“Uhm, what are they betting on?” I ask while Sally leads me to one of the couches and sits me down, Cassie sits down right next to me. 

“Don’t worry about it dear, they make playful bets all the time.” Sally sits down across from me, crossing her legs in the process. She takes a sip from a glass that wasn’t in her hand a moment ago, one that I didn’t notice her reach for. Maybe she had been holding it the entire time, I’m not sure, but what I am sure of is that she is observing me closely from her throne of an armchair. The green room the band has looks like it needs a fresh coat of paint, or new wallpaper, since the old one is peeling off near the ceiling and parts of it are stained with what I hope is just alcohol. 

But in contrast to it, Sally’s chair is tall, with intricate carvings and leather upholstery. She smirks at me. “If you’re curious, yes I did bring the throne in myself. I was considering using it as an opener for the show tonight.” She drinks again. “But I don’t want to talk about me.” 

“Since when?” Alice interjects. A pillow hits her face. “Cheater! You wouldn’t have such good aim if you actually threw it yourself!”

“Hush dear Alice, I don’t want to spoil the surprise.” As Sally speaks I turn to look at her, but her arm is resting in her lap, and from what I saw there was no pillow anywhere close to her.

“What surprise?” I ask, worried slightly. 

“Ooooh, do we get to hear a demo version of a song? Or is it new merch? Are you going to give us tickets to go on tour with you?!” Cassie jumps in excitement in her seat, a big grin on her face. 

Sally laughs. “Cute. Don’t you worry, we will get to it. First things first though.” She stands up and approaches me. Both her hands are free again, the glass seemingly vanishing. Was there ever even really a glass? She’s inches from me. She grabs hold of my face. “Say, darling, how would you feel were I to call you a…” she leans forward, her hot breath is on my ear, I gulp in suspense, “Good Girl?” 

I surprise myself by letting out an involuntary eep. I quickly cover my mouth while Sally straightens up, standing tall above me, looking down on me with a grin. 

I turn my gaze to Cassie in a vain attempt to avoid Sally’s gaze, only to see realisation dawn on her face. “Oh. OH. Oooooooooh.” Cassie grins as much as Sally is grinning, and scoops closer to me, putting one arm around my shoulder and another on my chest. “I’ve wondered these past three years. Why would a boy be so desperate to get in my panties in the other sense of the word? Well, easy. A boy wouldn’t be.”

“Shuh-bweh s-shut up.” I move my hands from my mouth and pull the hood of my hoodie over my face, burying myself in it. My face feels hot. 

“Give us the deetz Cass! We can always mop her up off the floor if she ends up melting!” Alice yells, and I bury myself further in. I’m sure you can sear a steak to perfection on my face right now from how hot my cheeks feel. 

“Oh you should have seen her. When she’s not armoring up with her hoodie she’s such a cutie underneath. Hold on, I think I still have the pictures saved.” Cassie pulls away from me, and I dare peek from underneath my protective cocoon.

“You said you deleted those, you showed me.” My protest is rejected swiftly.

“Yeah, off my phone. I saved them in the cloud. I figured you were just embarrassed and would want to reminisce later.” I catch a glimpse of the picture she pulls up before she shows it off to everyone else in the room. It’s the one with me in a light summer dress and sandals. I have a long blonde wig and big hat on in it as well, and the background is the cliff overlooking the sea in town. It remains the most quiet and most secluded spot in town that anyone barely visits. Supposedly because it’s haunted. 

When Sally gets a good look at it, her grin turns from a playful one to a warm one. “My oh my, my dear, you look positively glowing in this picture.” She leans forward again and slowly pulls back my hood. “The eyes I saw on you during our first encounter were dull and lifeless. And even now, they lack the spark of life.” She grabs hold of my face and rubs my cheek. “But they look so alive in that picture. And the smile you have in it is genuine.” Sally runs her hand through my hair and holds onto a strand of it. “I’d love to see you have those eyes again. I can help you have those eyes again.” She puts her arms around my shoulders and her forehead against mine. “You just need to tell me one thing.”

“T-tell you what?” I gulp, desperately clutching onto the fabric of my hoodie to occupy my hands.

“What do you want to be?” Her question slows my brain to a crawl, but not before it crashes through the display window of a clothing store. The teasing was one thing, but now I have to actually think things through. Think how being called a girl made me feel. How being referred to with she/her pronouns affected me. Think of all the moments I had shared with Cassie. Of how I promised myself at sixteen that I wouldn’t let myself be this, that I couldn’t be this, that it was a ridiculous notion. I feel a lone tear flow from my eye as I answer.

“Me.” 

“And what are you?” 

I gulp again. “A girl.” 

“In that case, let me help make it obvious.” Sally only needs to lean forward slightly to plant her lips on mine, and I feel her smiling into the kiss. My eyes roll back and I submit completely. Sally’s hands explore everywhere she can reach with them, the hair that’s beginning to brush my neck, the thighs that are starting to feel tight in my jeans. She unzips my hoodie and checks my waist, and I barely register it narrowing, changing my shape to a more correct one. Her hand ends up on one of my budding breasts and I moan slightly into the kiss, while the pressure I’ve been feeling in the crotch of my jeans for the past five minutes recedes, leaving empty space behind.

When she pulls back, I blink a few times, and sigh contently. “Can you do that again?” My question makes Sally laugh.

Bunny pouts. “Guess we’re splitting the bill on our next date.” 

“And here I was excited for you to treat me to that new Indian place in town,” Alice adds, and I finally regain my faculties enough to form more coherent sentences. “W-wait, what kind of bet did you have?” I ask.

“We were betting on your reaction to Sally transforming you with her magic.” Bunny answers. 

“Transforming me? I didn’t…” I look down, hair falls in my face and I see the undeniable outline of breasts on my chest, with perky nipples on top of that. “I didn’t just imagine that?” 

Cassie pokes my chest. “Yeah no dude you didn’t imagine one of the hottest things I’ve ever seen, trust me.” She tries to poke it again but I slap her hand away.

“How though?” I turn to Sally, who still has that warm smile on her face, but her flawless hair is finally messed up every so slightly with the lone loose strand over her face. She fixes it right away. 

“I’ll just say that Wizards of the Coast had to get inspiration for Bards from somewhere.” She rubs my cheeks and I get to feel how smooth my face is now, without even a hint of facial hair. “Inspiration comes in many forms, and for many things. And giving someone their true form after making them admit what it is is simply a delightful experience.”

“Uhm, thank you Sally, I don’t know how I can ever thank you enough. Or how to pay you back.” I fiddle with my hands. 

“You could start by telling me your name, dear.” 

“I… haven’t decided yet.” I scratch the back of my neck, getting a handful of my longer hair in the process. 

“Bullshit, you have. What do you call every single girl character you play in games?” Alice asks, and I blush, covering my face. 

“Anne. Fuck.” I laugh. There isn’t anything I can do but laugh. “I’m Anne.” 

“It is very lovely to meet you, Anne.” 

 

In an hour Cassie and I depart the bar, her leaning on me. “I never expected you to take up my offer to dress you up tonight, but I think you have to now.” She giggles and I roll my eyes. “Hey, if you’re coming over, why don’t we do a test drive of your new body?” I blush at her suggestion.

“G-go fuck yourself…” 

She laughs harder. “I think I’ll be too busy fucking you tonight for that.” 

“Go home, Cassie, you’re drunk.”

“I know! And you’re taking me home because of that!” Her laughing stops. “I would have offered it even while sober, you know, you turned into an absolute babe.”

“Thank you…” I focus on the road, trying not to look at Cassie, but I catch her smiling out of the corner of my eye. 

“So, are you up for it?” 

“Let me think while I drag you home.”  

Yes I'm not that great at lyrics but hey Transitional Period is the band name I want to claim if I ever learn to play bass guitar and get a band together, because come on it's an awesome pun on time and on the fact feminising HRT can give you periods, basically everything but the bleeding (and sometimes even the bleeding due to a little thing in the rectum that gets filled with blood that it then releases during periods, I know this from experience when I have really heavy ones)

Anyways, if you would like to support me in writing more and possibly buying a bass guitar in the future to learn to play, you can do so by supporting my Patreon https://www.patreon.com/SynTheGuardian I'm trying to reach 100 patrons this year, 60 patrons this month.

Alternatively, you could just send me like $500 on Ko-fi so I can go ahead and buy one https://ko-fi.com/katieangelwitch

And if you just want to chat, the Petting Zoo Discord is the ideal place for that https://roleypoly.com/s/553996242057691136

52