5. Loving a Yandere doesn’t sound that bad.
21.4k 38 439
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mina, do you like the food? Is there anything else you wish to eat?"

"The food and everything is lovely. Young Master Colt, you have been silent this entire time, and you don't seem to have too good of a complexion."

"Ah...my apologies, I am fine. I just have a lot going on in my head. Please do not mind me."

Like Colt promised, he had dinner with everyone; the Countess was not present, and only the spawns of the family were eating together. Unlike before, Colt did not eat with the same gusto; although he did enjoy the food, something blocked him from savoring the taste.

"I am done. Risa, Young Lady Mina, please excuse me. Lyra, you can have my dessert."

"Yay!" Lyra threw her hand in the air.

He finished his food and got the hell out of the dining area real fast without making eye contact with anyone. Colt removed his coat and jumped on the bed upon returning to his room.

He closed his eyes but couldn't sleep from the loud beating of his heart.

Colt felt the need to move around. Feeling restless, he got up, wore clothing that was easy to move in, and then checked what was under his bed. When he saw nothing, Colt touched the frame of the bed; there, he found it, the practice sword of the original, and then proceeded to head out.

Upon opening the door, he found someone standing right outside. Mina was there, fidgeting about, thinking if she should knock or leave him be.

Mina was understandably startled when the door opened.

"Ah! Young Master Colt, are you going somewhere!?" She asked while sporting a reddened visage.

"I am going to the training grounds. I seem to have too much energy. Why, is there a problem, Young Lady Mina?" Colt once again faked his calmness.

"Can I...erm, come with you? I just wish to say something."

"...............................I see no problem. I do not control what you wish to do, Young Lady Mina."

Colt said some nonsensical things and walked away. With a smile, Mina followed closely behind. She ambled without a hint of concern. Her shyness was gradually lifted.

Her confidence was returning.

Colt has had previous relationships before, and it must have been why his steps were more subdued than usual.

Before long, Colt was walking side by side with Mina, and the yandere who loves to stab people watched him on the side. Colt could feel her powerful and observing gaze, and to calm down, he made sure to think of different images.

'The Mina Vera in the book was described to be really proactive with everything she does. She didn't care much about others and is selfish in every manner, but, in this world, she's different, ah.' even his distracting thoughts were filled with her face, 'Dammit.'

"Young Master Colt? What is the matter? You seem dazed."

"Oh, I was merely thinking about someone else; please don't...mind...me......."

"Huh? Someone else?" Mina's ever so slightly shifted, "Um, was it by any chance a...woman..." she probed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

The alarm in his head exploded into action!

"Ah, no, it is a man! That's right, a man!" he tried denying, hoping it would fly.

"You're lying, Young Master Colt. I can tell that you are. It doesn't really matter whether you lie to me or not, does it?"

As soon as he got to see Mina's expression, it was at that time that Colt knew he fucked up.

And the only way out of this was something that would further result in him digging his own grave. Will he do it? A simple question and the simple answer was a resounding, Yes!

Clearing his throat, Colt delivered a sigh and looked directly into Mina's eyes. When he opened his mouth, he was again back to his "usual" self.

"I apologize, Young Lady Mina, I had lied, but that is only because I was too embarrassed to tell you the truth."

"Huh, why is that?" Mina felt her heart beating faster as she exchanged gazes with Colt.

"I was...thinking about you. I was embarrassed to say it directly. Please forgive me."

Mina's face blossomed into a beautiful blush; she looked away, her face now overwhelmed by shyness, "Is...that so."

On the other hand, Colt was cursing himself for digging further down. His grave was about to reach six feet. Wanting to scream, what came out was a sigh.

'The force of this world is strong, but is that it? Why did I even think about her when I wished to distract myself? Also, with how things are going, what would happen if we were actually to end up together? Although I will have to avoid many things, wouldn't a relationship be easier? I can rest easy and not worry about getting betrayed. If I die, that means I did something stupid, isn't that the gist of a yandere... and in a way, every relationship?? I wonder...'

Colt's mind was slowly beginning to lean on the idea that fate would pull him towards Mina, whatever he tries.

If Mina at this time began to have some sort of emotions for him, then it would be best if he built a relationship with her now.

Colt hurriedly resumed his steps, and soon enough, he reached the training grounds where he swung the sword based on the original's memories.

Although Colt's memory had yet to settle with him, Colt, no, Leo could at least see the basics of swordsmanship, mainly vertical slashes.

Colt tried to focus on his swings. It branched out to three from one sword swing, and now he could do horizontal, upward, and angular sword slashes. Colt was getting the hang out of it, and a few minutes later, he was already drenched in sweat.

'Hmmm, this didn't feel embarrassing at all. If I did this on earth, would others think I am some kind of weirdo? A weeb, perhaps?'

Colt then looked to the side and tried to find the pink-haired Mina, she was initially sitting on a resting bench, but now, she was no longer in sight.

'She must have left after feeling bored.'

Colt was prepared to leave after finishing some more swings, but he saw someone running in his direction with a towel in hand when he was about to do so.

Thanks to her dancing pink hair, it was pretty telling who it was. Mina stopped in front of Colt and caught her breath.

"Young Master Colt, here, please...use it." She huffed and puffed, trying to catch her breath.

Colt took the towel from her, and instead of using it on himself, he used it to wipe the sweat away from Mina's forehead.

"Young Master Colt, I..."

"Do not move too much."

This was the first step to building a friendly relationship with Mina in Colt's mind. But to the pink-haired maiden, this was the last step for her to look at Colt with an eye different from how it was earlier.

Her eyes, filled with soft and warm emotion, caused Colt's heart to skip a beat.

'Her eyes, it's genuine. I have always thought it is impossible to fall in love so quickly. But her eyes it is telling me it is genuine. She'll become a good bride.'

With this, Colt could see that she was actually a caring woman. She was a great beauty to boot. So, it made him wonder, why? Why did the original Colt betray her when he was showered with such genuine love from a wonderful woman?

While Colt was watching the possibilities of having a relationship with his "fated one" inside the mansion, the deal was already done as the Count, and the Marquis finished a document no one thought they would create.

439