7. Pedophile
19.6k 35 389
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mina is a charming and capable woman. Please treat her well."

"Don't worry. I will." Colt nodded.

'...Hmm, it seems like mother was correct after all.'

Showing him an understanding smile, Risa stepped out of the dining room, leaving Mina and Colt alone. Everyone but Mina had finished eating. Colt decided to wait and play the role of the lovely fiance.

The two had just gotten engaged. It would be weird for Colt to just up and leave without saying anything. What if he gets stabbed in the back in the future for it?

It's a stretch, but it's a possibility.

Thus, Colt stayed with Mina. He watched over her with a smile. Though he was slightly afraid, it was impossible to not admire her beauty, 'The underlying danger adds to it.'

Mina's perfect complexion brightened as she blushed.

"Um, please don't stare too much...." Mina shyly looked away.

"I apologize; you must have been uncomfortable," said Colt.

"N-no, my heart simply cannot take too much stimulation...Dear."

Colt turned away, closed his eyes, and felt an itch in his chest.

'Ack, what the hell? It's like I'm a teenager again, Ngn!'

Breakfast finally finished, and the newly engaged pair decided to leave the manor. It was still around 9:00 am when Mina and Colt decided to head to the City.

Colt's single comment, "I have not gone out for a while," triggered the notion.

"Then let us head out, my dearest." Mina was ecstatic about the idea.

Colt only wore simplistic clothing to avoid standing out. Even Mina wore a simple one-piece dress. She brought it with her to combat any unforeseen circumstances.

'I supposed a change of pace would not be so bad.'

Colt thought as such and left on a horse-drawn carriage.

As they boarded, Colt immediately noted the ample space inside for anyone to be comfortable, 'I could stretch my legs in this.' he exclaimed inside.

The carriage they got on was similar to the design of the ones seen in the medieval period. The only difference was that they were not drawn by ordinary horses. Instead of conventional ones, saddled in front had a mane of dark flames with a pitch-black body, making them look menacing.

But they were gentle, so it was all right.

These horses were called Magical Beasts. Most of them were dangerous man-eating demons, but nowadays, some Magical Beasts were bred like normal animals; a good number even turned into cattle.

The carriage was also different in terms of its functionality. The carriages that could be found all over the continent have layered magic runes engraved in them so their weight would be lighter and have less rocking motion, even on bumpy roads. To Colt, it was better than most modern cars.

These kinds of carriages were once only available to the nobility. But when the current King was seated on the throne, he implemented a lot of noble-exclusive miscellaneous to help the common people's day-to-day lives.

Colt had always viewed the King of the Kingdom as someone unique. He wasn't seen in the book, but Colt liked him as he was not a greedy villain.

"Where to, Young Master?"

The Coachman asked.

"Is there a place you wish to go to?" Colt asked Mina.

"Anywhere you wish is fine, dear."

"Then, the Garden of Serenity."

"...Yes, Young Master." The Coachman nodded with a confused expression. Still, deep within, the Coachman was smiling, 'I see what's going on here.'

Colt Edgeworth doesn't go to teahouses like the Garden of Serenity as he was a regular to the many bars around the City. Almost every day, Colt would disappear and then reappear hammered outside the doors of the Edgeworth Manor.

To add, for the past few days, the Young Master's been disappearing more frequently, 'He must have wanted to say goodbye to the bars.' The Coachman held a smile.

News of Colt's grandiose ways of settling down had spread, and it was said that Mina was the cause of this change. The rumors proved to be true.

They reached the Garden of Serenity reasonably quickly.

Colt could hear the ramblings of others and some girl selling flowers by the wayside.

After getting out of the carriage, Colt offered his hand to Mina and assisted her with grace. In front of them was a three-story building. The very eye-catching sign, "Garden of Serenity" was on its entrance.

"What time does the Young Master wish me to get you?"

"Around lunch would be fine." Colt had read about the Garden of Serenity from the books. It was quickly mentioned as the Protagonist spent some time on the top floor as a meeting place, 'It's said to have a relaxing ambiance, and that's where the Protagonist planned his next move. Anyway, a Teahouse is like a Cafe, right? I just want to clear my head from all this tension.'

Colt entered the Garden of Serenity, and everyone inside went silent. Numerous well-off regulars were present when Colt and Mina arrived.

What was once an establishment filled with casual talks was flipped. Their smiles disappeared, and whether they noticed or not directed looks of contempt towards the City's biggest disgrace.

"What is he doing here?"

"Maybe he's drunk and stumbled into this place?"

"Can anyone tell him that this place is not the bard?"

Their casual talks turned to whispers and then to murmurs.

Colt ignored them and approached one of the male attendants. He avoided any female like they were the plague.

"Is the third floor open?"

"Y-yes, there is currently no one in there."

"Good, we'll be going to the third floor to have some tea. Send us your best."

"U-understood, Young Master Colt." The attendant dared not anger the Young Master infamous for destroying bars.

Colt had Mina follow him to the third floor with peaceful steps. Soon after disappearing from the first floor, Colt could hear a burst of commotion.

"Did you see that lady the wastrel Colt was with? She was so beautiful. Do you know who she is?"

"I don't know her, but she's wasted on someone like him."

Mina stopped dead in her tracks, she turned around with a smile, but a dark expression loomed over her sweet smile.

"Mina, please don't. We can't refute them anyway. Their words are all true." Colt said without turning back.

"But..."

"I don't need others' opinions other than yours."

"Dear...yes, I understand."

Colt wished to throw up. He could not believe these nonsensical playboy words were coming off his mouth. He was already killing himself in his mind, but the words were necessary, 'You saved a dozen people today, Leo; you're a hero.'

The two continued up to the third floor that overlooked most of the City.

After getting books from the laid-out bookshelves, Colt picked an area closest to the window.

The books he picked weren't novels but historical books that detail different landmarks.

The World Building of the story [Sword of Heaven] happens around Vol. 4, but even then, Colt had no means of knowing what's to expect of the world.

'This place holds the [Info Dump] of the first fourth volumes till where I left off.'

He remembered the Garden of Serenity being the place where the Protagonist suddenly took an interest in reading to clear his mind and found the book that would later provide him the destination he needed.

Colt doesn't want to follow the Protagonist's path because of its dark and edgy nature. The original story was set up for many fights, and Leo was only strong in his daydreams as a man of modern Earth.

He wanted information from the books because he wished to do something interesting in this world and run a business.

He refers to it as a business when Colt simply wants to take the hidden treasures scattered about.

These treasures came from ancient times. And these treasures ranged from a sword to a book that teaches ancient techniques. Even though this world was already advancing in terms of magical technology, ancient weaponry and methods were still somehow stronger.

'I want the Ocean's Sword and the World Devouring Book. Now, where is the Heaven's Plateau and the Thunder Tiger Mountain.'

"I didn't think my Dearest likes reading history books? Do you like legends?" Mina commented as she took a sip of tea.

'She's really hung up on using the word, Dear.'

To others, the book in Colt's hands was something a scholar would be fond of reading. But to Colt, it was a fantasy book with fantastic locations. Even though he does not like reading an educational book, it still felt like he was reading some World Building thread on the internet, so it wasn't as tedious.

"I am choosing where I should go in the coming months."

"Are we going on a trip?"

"...Yes, I have been fascinated by the Thunder Tiger Mountains. I heard they have some good hot springs there.."

Mina squirmed and blushed. She held onto her burning cheeks, "Don't you suppose it is still too early, Dear? I believe marriage has to come first, but if that is your wish, I do not mind."

Colt looked at Mina, at a loss for words. Right now, three choices could lead his relationship with her down three different paths. There was a cold path, a loving path, and just right.

Colt obviously picked the "just" right. Reaching out, he held her hand and looked her in the eyes, "It is just for vacation. Getting to know each other is important; we can take our time after the marriage."

Mina nodded her head, and Colt heaved a sigh of relief. He turned his head and looked down the road. He looked around, and when his eyes caught sight of one particular alleyway, he creased his brows and stood up.

'Sigh, this really is a fantasy world. Idiots do idiot things in broad daylight...also why does this feel like Deja Vu?'

"Dear? What's wrong?"

"Um, please stay here; where I am going might be dangerous, I don't wish for you to get hurt."

"Dear, I do not know what you are trying to do, but I saw your swordsmanship last night, and I can say that I am more capable than you are." corrected Mina honestly.

"...okay."

Colt's dignity as a man was hurt. The crack was tiny, but it cracked nonetheless.

He shrugged Mina's words off and headed down the teahouse.

"Are you leaving already, Young Master?" the attendant asked, seeing him descend.

"No, I am simply going to head over somewhere real quick. Don't touch our table."

Colt, head out with Mina. Walking exactly twenty steps away from the teahouse was an alleyway. He went into that alleyway and immediately caught sight of four people.

"Hey, young girl, you're from the orphanage on the hill, right? Your sister owes us a lot~ of money. It should be your obligation to pay, correct?"

"Leave me alone!" the girl growled.

"Oh, you have quite the nice voice there, missy..."

Three burly men with tattoos all over their bodies and even face entrapped the girl who was selling flowers by the wayside. The little girl was not even half their size.

The girl had her back against the wall with three brutes in front. She was scared.

Colt sighed at their petty attempts to become villains, 'These pedophiles are something else...'

"Hey! Enough of that! Do you even know where you're doing this?"

The three men turned around the instant they saw Colt's mug, and the beauty by his side caused them to feel irritated at the bastard almost by instinct.

"Hey, dipshit, don't try anything stupid or else, what do you want, lady do you—ack!"

"What the!?" everyone exclaimed.

From behind Colt, Mina moved, using her palm to hit the pedo thug who badmouthed Colt right on the jugular. The thug held his throat. Mina went ahead and used some of the Mana and placed her hand on his chest.

"Don't badmouth my husband like that."

BaM! The pedo thug was sent spiraling across the air.

Seeing this, the remaining two did the routine of every thug.

Scamper about and then pick up their beaten friend and announce the three words of-

"You'll regret this!"

Once they disappeared from her sight completely, Mina turned to Colt with a smile, but that smile quickly transformed into an icy glare.

"What are you doing, dear?"

She asked Colt, who was being hugged by the little girl.

"It's big bro, Sparkly! You saved me!".

Colt was petrified for many reasons. Not even thinking about how this girl knew him or if this lass was connected to the gaps in his memory, Colt had a headache about one more thing.

Mina, shooting him deadly glares.

'She's also jealous of little girls? Damn, what would happen if we have a daughter in the future...?'

Despite the uncertainty of his fate, one thing's clear. He'd already resigned to a future with Mina.

389