9. The reason of the original’s death (part 2)`
17.5k 24 367
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Waaa, I can pick anything from all this?"

"Yes, you can get anything that you wish to eat."

Hylda was checking every little detail in the bakery. The Owner watched in horror as Colt smiled in glee behind her.

'What's this wastrel of a young master doing here? Shouldn't he be in a bar? Dear Gods, please spare this store of mine from being trashed by this young master.'

Praying to be spared by Colt's outburst of destruction, the Owner had a stiff smile plastered on his face. Colt looked at the Owner and could not help but sigh.

'What did this body do before I got here, exactly?'

Colt was feared, and he knew it because he saw the populace's reaction while walking around the city. To them, Colt was the wrecker of all stores. This young master wasn't someone who hurts people but the store itself.

'The people would avoid my gaze every time I looked at them. They even make their kids look away when I smile...this is not that bad; I feel like no one will bother me if I don't do anything stupid.'

Being treated like some kind of plague have its fair share of perks. Colt could act on whatever he wanted without fear of others' view of him and even avoid social contact, 'Trashiness hurray.'

Though Colt, no, Leo was not that proud of it, he's not good with socializing with others. Even though he had a handful of people who called him their friend back on earth, he had a time when he would rather be alone.

Leo was a professional loner. Sometimes, he would spend time in a Cafe on his own for an hour.

'In this life, I won't need to make any elaborate excuse not to join any social gathering. Hehe, it's a good thing I have a very responsible and hard-working sister to do that for me. Being the wastrel of a wealthy family is amazing.'

In this life, Leo had many options. Besides bending over to Mina's every demand to keep his life, he had the freedom to do everything he wanted. Also, Mina didn't even hold the leash tightly. She was very lenient for someone considered a psychopath, 'Maybe...just maybe, she's not that bad? I mean, I've had worst relationships.'

"Big bro Sparkly, I want this!"

Hylda stared at the cheesecake with glimmering eyes. The world may be different, but the combination of a woman and sweets was the same.

"Is this everything?"

"I want to pick some more, but it is almost lunch, and today, Sister Mary will cook Moriam Stew."

"Is that so..." Colt had a smile that said "good for you" and "what the hell is a Moriam," but he didn't let the latter expression show.

"...then that is a shame, mister," Colt stated.

"Y-yes, Young Master Colt?"

"Pack everything from here...to there." Colt pointed from one end to the other.

The Owner looked at Colt in disbelief. Colt was irate and sighed in dissatisfaction.

"What, you don't think I can pay?"

"Of course not, young master, I will do as you say."

From a stiff smile to a gleaming expression, the Owner's expression changed as fast as a dog went into heat. Colt watched the Owner move quicker than humanely possible.

"Big bro Sparkly, you don't need to do that..." Hylda was reluctant.

"Heh, don't worry, it's not like you're the only one who will eat. Share it with everyone in the Orphanage. And don't act like a meek child, as you have said, it's disgusting..." Colt laughed as he said those words.

Hylda realized his point and immediately put up a genuinely energetic smile, "How about this?"

"Perfect."

The cakes had all been wrapped up and handed to Colt. There were five boxes of cakes for each type. Looking at the boxes, helplessness struck Hylda as she found it impossible to carry all of them back.

The five boxes were tied together, and Colt picked them up.

"Follow me; I'll take you back to the Orphanage. It's about time we head back to the Edgeworth mansion."

Against Colt's knowledge, Hylda jumped as she stared at Colt in shock.

"What? Is there anything on my face?"

"Edgeworth Mansion? D-don' tell me, big bro Sparkly, are you the young master wastrel of the Edgeworth I hear often?"

"Huh, you didn't know? I never told you before? I thought you were already aware. Also, weren't you listening to my preaching earlier?"

"No, no, and no, you said you were some wandering God of Beauty, so I assumed you were just some weirdo from a wealthy family."

Colt felt something pierce his chest. The words of the original were simply too much for him to handle. Colt's shoulders droop.

"Well, now you know my name, stop calling me big bro sparkly and just refer to me as Colt or young master, pick what you want."

"I don't like calling you young master. I'll just call you big bro like I did before. Is that okay, oh glorious God of Beauty, young master Colt Edgeworth?"

"Ugh, please, stop it."

Finding someone so refreshingly uncaring about her position made Colt smile at Hylda more favorably. But not too favorable as Mina was eyeing him from behind. He could almost feel something stabbing his back.

He urged the two girls to follow him. Colt looked at the expecting Owner and flipped one Perum Coin over.

"Young master, this is too much...I can't possibly..."

"Keep the change, treat the kid nicely earlier, give her some cake when she comes by."

"Yes, Young Master Colt."

Perum was the most valuable coin on the continent.

The Western Continent has three coins: Priba, Fella, and Perum.

These three coins were similar to the bronze, silver, and gold of every isekai novel.

Priba was the lowest. It was similar to bronze, Fella was 100x more valuable than Priba, and Perum was 100x more valuable than Fella.

A single Perum equates to 10,000 Priba, and a cake costs 15 Priba at most. Hylda could drown in cakes if she gets one Perum worth of cake.

In the Owner's mind, Hylda had just become a VIP.

"Ah, young master, where have you gone to? I've been looking everywhere for you." The Coachman was on the verge of crying as he found them in the city plaza.

"I'm sorry, mister, I didn't like how the teahouse was operating, so I left. Sorry for bothering you."

"Ah no, it doesn't warrant for the young master to lower your head...please don't." the Coachman grew flustered with this uncharacteristic response.

Colt entered the carriage with Mina, followed by Hylda.

"Hylda, come on up. I'm taking you back to the Orphanage."

"Yes! Big bro."

The Coachman watched in a daze as Colt brought five boxes of cake inside with Hylda.

"Ohhhh, so this is the inside of a carriage is like. It's amazing... you can fit my bed here!" Hylda was amazed, to say the least.

Colt enjoyed seeing Hylda's over-the-top reaction, "What's the orphanage's name again?"

"Light Orphanage, it's in the third district."

"Okay, Mister, take us to the Light Orphanage before we head back."

The Coachman found it odd but still did what he was told. Inside, Hylda and Mina conversed.

It was baffling for Colt to watch because Mina now knew more about himself than Leo. It was as if he was watching his stalker gather information.

Soon enough, they stopped, and Hylda stepped out of the carriage. The Orphanage was all the way up a hill. The poor Coachman was tasked with taking the cakes to the top.

"Big bro Colt, when are you going to visit us?"

"Maybe tomorrow, yeah, I'll come tomorrow." Colt thought the Orphanage would have more information, 'It seems like the original go here almost every day.'

"Good, Little Filla would be delighted if you visit; she had been asking me when you'll come and visit. I actually went to sell flowers to track you down and drag you back with me to the Orphanage. She had been crying, saying she misses you, with that, ciao."

Hylda ran all the way up to the hill. She said one last goodbye to Colt before entering.

"She's a good kid, right, Dear?"

"Yes, sadly, I still can't remember much about certain things. It seems like regaining my memory will be rather troublesome."

"Speaking of lost memory, Dear, you should have told me about them..."

Thus begin a lecture from Mina telling Colt how he kept silent about losing his memory.

He apologized, and all was good, but a single name floated in Colt's mind amidst it all.

Filla.

It was a name shrouded in mystery, and why did his heart feel clenching every time he remembered it?

'Who is she? The original couldn't have been a pedo, right?'

He wondered as Mina continued her nagging.

367