26. What?
12k 17 308
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dammit, old man!”

“Woah! How long have you been there, young man!? A customer, I haven’t had one of them in a while! Wait a minute, those clothes, you lashing out, you’re a noble aren’t you!?”

The old blacksmith was flabbergasted at his sudden appearance. As the old man saw his noble-like clothing of Colt, he creased his brows and began lashing out.

Having come to his irrational senses, the old blacksmith picked up the hammer that was adjacent to him and pointed it at Colt like it was some kind of weapon.

“Nobles that knows not how to use a weapon as it should be is not allowed in my, Fareld’s SMITHY!”

Swoosh!

The blacksmith was short, about waist height of Colt. No bigger than a meter and his beard was blooming. He seemed weak by such descriptions but his body had chiseled muscle as if they were sculpted by the gods.

His forearms looked like the metal he was hammering and for some reason, even his beard had the metallic sheen of a metal and its rigidity. All in all, this old blacksmith was jacked for his height, and the reason was simple, this Blacksmith can only be someone from the Legendary Dwarven tribe.

And the Dwarves are known for their immense strength as they were natural warriors. He can kill with that hammer throw if he wants to, but he lessened its strength so that someone of Colt’s standards would be able to survive with a nasty bump on the head.

The hammer traveled through the air aiming to hit Colt’s head, it was flying fast, however, Colt simply moved his head to the side and easily evaded Fareld’s hammer.

The hammer flew past him and hit the walls.

‘I knew you’re going to do that!’

A smirked blossomed on Colt’s face; and as Colt focused his strength on his toes, his figure disappeared and then reappeared before Fareld.

With his middle finger drawn backward and held back by the thumb, Colt looked at Fareld’s eyes as if to mock him.

And Colt went to take a form of petty revenge.

‘You fucked up…but I still can’t hurt the elderly that badly so...’ his morals still exist.

Pat!

His revenge came in the form of a simple flick on the forehead!

“Ow!” Fareld was so surprised that someone who looked like a silkpants noble that he reacted to a painless flick to the forehead. He overreacted for in his mind he thought that his life ended under the appearance of a hidden master.

Fareld overreacted as he thought that he was already going to die.

But then again, managing to still react, Fareld figured that he's still alive and kicking.

“I’m still alive? You’re not a silkpants young master, that’s a surprise? Are you a Warrior? I apologize for my disrespect to the hardworking ones, um, my sincerest of apologies may not be enough but please forgive this blacksmith!”

He looked at Colt whose smirk had all but disappeared. Fareld looked at Colt with a bewildered gaze as he realized what was going on and how he had treated him that to him his actions seem to be of nothing wrong!

Colt looked at the apologizing Fareld and found the complete 180 of his attitudes. He was in a state of mixed emotions; surprised, amazement, and scared, these are the three emotions mixing inside him right now.

But he still let it go because even when Ferald was apologizing, he never lowered his head nor did he sound exasperated. The only thing that changed was his tone of voice which was now filled with respect rather than the disdain and anger it previously held.

“It’s alright, I am still considered a silkpants and a wastrel by many so you didn’t assume anything wrong.”

Ferald was just about to heave a sigh of relief when Colt continued…

“However, that is not what I am angered about, do you see this?” Colt pointed at the cut on his cheek and then at the blades stuck on the wall, “I almost died while I was about to leave, do you not think a disaster will happen if those broken blades flew out of this Smithy? Someone could have been hurt, and if those people are unlucky, they will not end up with a small cut like this!”

The eyes of Ferald widened as he looked at Colt's fervent gaze filled with hate and irritation directed at him. And instead of getting offended by his words, Ferald burst out laughing.

“Hahaha, worry not noble-warrior, my Smithy may not be soundproof but it a formation is set up around here to make sure what you fear does not happen! Anything that flies out of here will never reach the outside world, also any projectile like those blades won’t cause any fatal or major injuries. I apologize if you were hurt, as a way of apology, I Ferald shall give you a gift, what do you wish? What kind of weapon do you want and I’ll create one that is most suited for you!”

Colt’s hate towards this guy suddenly disappeared, albeit slightly. Not only did he just explained that what just happened is nothing but an unlucky coincidence, which Colt still wishes to make him pay despite him being so old, the idea of getting something good for free managed to triumph over everything else.

“That’s a deal!” and true to his desires, Colt accepted the deal.

With that being said, Colt brought out a piece of paper to Ferald.

Ferald accepted the paper and raised a brow. He looked at Colt with bewilderment and asked, “Were you the one who wrote this down?”

“No, it was my Teacher who did.” He shook his head.

Ferald looked at the piece of paper once again and nodded his head in astonishment, “Well whoever your teacher is, he’s one amazing person, for him to create such detailed recipe for an Aura Weapon…it is simply amazing.”

After hearing Ferald say these words, Colt was also astonished.

‘That sheet of paper actually was actually that amazing?’

He read it once but because of the foreign materials being something unheard of for him, Colt didn’t really know how to react to it. The smelting process was also foreign to him so he couldn’t really care less.

He was told to give it to a Smithy whose skills are considered the best in the capital.

But hearing it now, it would seem that it has its importance as well.

“So, can you do it or not? Remember, this is free of charge as you have promised!”

Ferald had a deranged look in his eyes as he said, “Hehe, this is going to be the most dangerous work I’ll ever do in my life. I can die from this you know…of course I accept this job!”

Colt was honestly creeped out and moved out of the way and escaped the Smithy as fast possible right after settling down the deal.

And as Colt boarded his carriage that was parked not too far away, Colt could feel his heart beating wildly in anticipation of what is to come.

‘I’m going to get my Pet.’

The Pet he was talking about is going to be his Soul Partner. No one calls them pets other than him.

He can choose up to three Soul Partners but as he is not even a full-fledged Warrior, he can only have one.

In this world, there are Serpents that is as long as a mountain range, a dragon that can decimate a city, a phoenix that bestows life, ferocious beasts with a harrowing set of teeth.

Colt could not wait. The only thing that comes second to men’s desire of the k*me*h*m*h* is cool looking beasts or monsters. Who doesn’t like a Dragon? Who doesn’t appreciate it? The Tiger?

He was excited and when he got to the Soul Partner Store, Colt entered with the expectations of a glorious beast.

But when he came out, for some odd reason that no one could explain, in his hand was a fat white cat that is no bigger than his cupped hands.

‘What?’

It was too sudden that Colt had yet to actually process what just happened.

308