27. Nyaaaa!
11.8k 17 319
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Colt was inside the carriage, in his hand was a fat white cat. He rubbed its soft body and it meowed in delight.

He held a satisfied expression on his face, but, in his head, he has questions like…

‘Why did I take this cat again?’

2 hours ago…

Colt entered what is known as a Soul Friend, looking at the name of the shop, Colt doubted if it was not for lonely singles who shops there.

But as two burly men walked out of the shop with wide smiles on their faces and a scaly beast resembling that of a red salamander of so many fantasy stories, Colt would have left already.

‘Why are the shops I go to look so…unwelcoming to the eyes?’

In the end, he shook his head and entered the shop with a passive expression on his face.

“Welcome, are you looking for a Soul Partner?”

Colt was greeted by a female attendant who had a smile on her face. Colt nodded his head and did not say anything giving off the air of someone stoic.

The attendant had seen all kinds of eccentrics before and learned how to accommodate them accordingly. Warriors are fickle creatures, after all.

‘Heh, this kind of person always look for either elegant creatures or strong ones. He’s handsome but he also wears simplistic…he’s hidden practitioner. But he also seems to have no soul partner at this age, he also has yet to master aura, so this is going to be an easy catch.’

She showed a smirk and as she began to speak.

“Dear customer, is this your first time coming here?”

“Yes.” His answer was confident and as he stood there looking around, he was in awe of the many ferocious-looking beasts that were lined up in front of him. There were scaled beasts who seemed like armored from the top down, a beast with a sharp set of teeth.

They were all intimidating as he wanted them to be, however, he feels like something is missing, something vital. He can’t click with any of these beasts that he couldn’t pick any of them at all.

They were cool-looking, yes, but he wishes for something…more. Something that is not only cool looking but also has the power to back how it looks. However, the beings before him are all beast that is no bigger than his arms.

They looked puny and weak, and he fears that he will die together with this beast if he dares take it out with him in a fight. Meaning, they all seem useless.

“Don’t you guys have anything more interesting? A baby dragon, a little phoenix, garuda anything close to that.”

“…huh? Um, I don’t know if you are joking dear customer, but those beasts are mythical creatures, I fear that no one in the kingdom would sell such beasts and would only keep it for themselves.”

Colt was silent for a while and looked at the beasts once again to avoid any eye contact, he wishes to save his dignity after being looked as an idiot so he kept a hardened face and spoke in a cold manner.

“I know that what I meant by what I said is I want a beast whose potential is close to them as much as possible, do you get what I mean?”

The attendant was made to think and as she did so, she remembered something and went to the back of the store as she asked him to wait.

When she returned, with her was an egg that was as big as Colt's torso. The egg was white with uneven turquoise lines going around the shell. It was a weird egg but it was so beautiful that it resembled a work of art.

It was being taken to him through a cart and when it stopped, Colt was in awe of the massive size of the egg.

"This is an egg that was auctioned off in the Red Dragon House ten years ago for 17,000,000 Prima, Nobody knows what beast this egg came from nor why it hasn't hatched all this while, Originally the owner of the shop bought it so he can hatch it but failed, so he used it for other things

“Now we use this egg to attract customers to try our Lucky Egg Draw, by letting them try to hatch this egg for a hundred thousand Priba, however, as we are without any more egg for the past three months because of our suppliers found it hard to enter the Skylark Mountains, this unhatched egg was kept in the back.

“According to this dear customer, you wish for a beast that has potential that is around the same as the mythical beasts, then I say that if you wish for anything that is anywhere close to them, you should try opening this egg and if it hatches I am sure you’ll be able to get what you wish for.”

Colt looked at the sincere eyes of the attendant and nodded his head, “Well, might as well.”

However, the attendant had different thoughts.

‘Heh, no one has ever opened that egg even when the son of the duke and many bigshots came here, hehehe, this is going to be easy money again.’

The Lucky Egg Draw the attendant talks about is for warriors trying to make a mysterious Beast Egg respond to his or her blood. A Beast Egg survives for a long time depending on how rare an egg is and how strong the beast inside.

A normal beast egg lasts for about 7 months and a Dragon’s Egg is said to last for a hundred years, this egg had lasted for 3 years in this shop and because it is still alive, it had attracted a lot of customers and after years of business, the owner had already recovered what he had lost and more.

The Lucky Egg Draw has been dismissed by the owner for the time being but the attendant took this out to meet Colt’s request and try to earn so she can earn some extra money behind the back of the owner.

‘A hundred thousand Priba, that should be enough of a secret allowance.’ She had been running this scheme for two months now and had earned millions without the owner knowing.

And she again expects another easy money this time.

However, as Colt opened up a small cut on the tip of his fingers and had a drop of blood fall on the white egg, a brilliant white light exploded out.

“What!?”

The attendant exclaimed and the egg cracked and exploded with a boom!

The attendant fell on the ground as the pressure blew her away, but Colt stood still as he did his best not to embarrass himself further.

And as a smile blossomed in his face, his emotions became chaotic and as he approached the egg, he was expecting something truly great.

‘Maybe, just maybe!’

He peeked over inside the egg and was expecting for a dragon but then, as he saw the almost sphere-like white furball inside and here it makes its mighty ‘roar’, Colt was left speechless.

“Nyaaaa!”

And as he found this cat, his mind went blank, instinctively paid the price to save face, ignored the shouts of the attendant and found himself outside the shop and then before long inside the carriage.

He looked at the white fat furball’s gem-like blue eyes, as he sighed.

“Are you really going to contend with a Dragon?”

“Nyaaaa!” the furball who seemingly understood his words confidently answered.

“Well, your intelligence does seem like above average.” Colt decided to make do with the fat furball.

And with that, Colt got his first Soul Partner.

He looked at the cat with great intensity, “Should I name you Fatball?”

“NYAAA!” the cat didn’t like that.

And as they were returning to the manor, the name Fatball was coined.

319