28. The cat and the human
11.9k 23 332
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The carriage stopped and Colt stepped down out of the carriage. The maids sweeping the front garden looked at Colt with soft gazes as he held a ball of cuteness.

‘What’s that? A cat? That’s so cuteee.’

‘Aw, the young master brought home such a cute thing? Is it a gift for the young miss Mina?’

‘Hmmm, is he gonna eat it…? I hope not.’

Aside from the last comment, everyone looked at Colt with an eye of envy. The cat was attracting attention through its fluff and package of roundness.

However, it had a scowl on its face making it seem grumpy. But despite that fact, it was still cute and very huggable despite the scowl and its size.

Colt entered his room after instructing everyone he doesn't need dinner for the night and had one of the present butlers take care of him later when he collapses in the field. 

He does not have Mina around and if any girl is to help him go back in his room and somehow reaches Mina’s ears, all hell may just break loose.

‘We have to avoid that at all cost…now, let me deal with you for the time being.’

Colt sat in the middle of his bed with crossed legs, he stretched his hands forward and attempted to caress and joyfully play with the white ball of cuteness.

“I made you hatch, correct? Come on, come to daddy, don’t be shy, come on and play with me.”

But as his hands approached the white cat, he faced the wrath of someone who had been wronged by a man who knows nothing of naming other beings!

Scratch!

“MEOW! HISSS!”

“Ouch, bastard!”

Colt's hand was scratched with the young yet oddly sharp claws of the ball-like cat! Colt's head turned to it in surprise, and with widened eyes he saw the cat sit in a way no cat does - it was sitting like a human.

On its buttocks and without any support of its front paws, it gave Colt a dirty look and glared at him before waving its paws around as if it was demanding something!

“Meow! Nyaa, meow, nyaa, nyaa hissssssssssss~! MEOW NYA!”

As a man of modern times, Colt had seen a lot of cats before. These cats range from cats with stupid behaviors and intelligent ones; cats who infuriate others and make others smile;  and some who are only seen in fiction and in real life.

At this moment, however, he faces another kind of cat. A cat that does not speak the human language but can still talk shit on his face.

He can’t tell what the cat was going on about, but he knew that it was talking shit about him. He knew it because of one simple gesture of the fat cat sticking out its front paws with its last “MEOW NYA!” as if to let him know it was saying, “Fuck You!”

And the response of a grown man listening to a kitten whose size is no bigger than two hands was obvious…

“What the fuck did you just say!?” at this moment, he was on the same level as a 'newborn' kitten.

Any cat would have booked it after hearing a human explode like that, but not this cat. This cat was dedicated and as Colt blew his top, the cat blew his top as well!

“MOEW NYA! HISS!”

The human and cat began to fight, the ball of white can understand what the human could say but the human could not understand his enemy. However, the emotion was there so there was no need for speech.

It had once been said that if two beings are close enough, even intelligible words are not needed to understand one another. Colt and the Fatball looked at each other as they tried to catch their breath, they look at one another as if they were ready to end each other’s lives.

If this was a no barred fight, blood would have already been spilt. And as Colt prepared himself to end Fatball’s reign of terror, the opposition was ready as well.

The two fought it out and Fatball threw itself onto Colt and the human was ready to take out the cat with a single finger but as he thrust his finger forward, Fatball manoeuvred in mid-air and successfully landed on Colt’s face.

Colt saw the cat smile, and as he got ready to face its wrath, his and the cat’s stomach grumbled from hunger and doing stupid shit.

As if Colt could tell what the cat was feeling, he took it away from his face and looked at it and asked, “Truce?”

The cat nodded its neckless head.

“You want some food?”

“Myaaa!” the cat raised both its paws in resignation to his question.

The two fighting forces decided to make a truce and dropped it altogether. And as Colt placed the cat on his arms, the cat moved and jumped on his shoulders them sat on top of his head.

The two were oddly settled on what they want and became closer.

“You’re actually androgynous, I didn’t know that…do you want milk or fish?”

“Myaaa!” It wanted both.

And after the dinner that wasn’t supposed to happen came to past, Colt trained that night with a cat watching him from the side.

He collapsed that night and the next day found himself in his room being woken up by the cat tapping his face multiple times.

“Meow!”

It demanded food.

“Oh, you’re awake Fatball?”

Pah!

Colt was slapped on the face by the cat whose face transformed from its amicable face to an angered one. It was painful despite the softness of its paws.

However, Colt didn’t have the strength to argue. Without Mina, his bodily pain doesn’t disappear magically thanks to her spells. He oddly also had back pain as if he experienced being bumped multiple times.

“We’ll talk about your name later, so stop slapping me, will you?”

Colt raised his hand and resigned on the argument.

The Cat who is now nameless meowed in satisfaction with the victory it sought after, and as Colt stood up, it jumped on top of his head and ordered Colt to bring it food.

Colt didn't argue and as he headed out, he saw the maids and butlers looking at the cat and human pair with grinning faces.

And as he reached the dining area where no one was present other than him and the butler, he shared the table with the cat and remembered something.

“Butler Go, who was the one who brought me to my room last night? I never got to thank him…”

The Butler then smirked as he pointed at the cat.

“It was your companion over there who dragged you back to your room…”

Colt turned to the cat who gave him the cat version of a smug face and thumbs up.

“Nyaaaa!”

It sounded like it was saying, “I got you!”

Despite their rocky start, it would seem the pair is moving forward towards a bright future. But Colt now also know why he has back pain and is looking at the Butler as if to say, "Why didn't you help it?"

Why indeed.

332