38. Fair Enough
11.8k 25 303
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Poof!

The fat cat slapped Colt straight on the face in order to wake him up. It was hungry and is demanding to be fed.

“Okay, okay, I am up already, so stop it, cat.”

Poof!

He was once again slapped in the face with the soft paws.

“Nyaaa!

“Oh yeah, you go by Fluff now.”

Poof!

“Myew!”

“I’m not going to call you Lord Fluff. But if you insist then you can go hunt for your own food.”

Fluff shrugged its shoulders after thinking for a while thinking that such an agreement was fair. It hopped on Colt’s shoulders and the two head down to the dining area where they went to eat.

In the dining area where Colt found Butler Go, he was given a piece of paper as he ate. He accepted it and began reading through it.

The front of the paper stated one thing, “Letter of Duel”, seeing that, Colt ripped the paper and returned to eating.

“What utter nonsense.”

“Nya? Myaa, Myaaa, Mew?” fluff interestingly asked.

“Look here, Fluff, I don’t care about upholding my honor as a man. If I accept that letter, endless amount of trouble will follow. The matter with Orc-face had already been settled, I avoided anything that will hurt anyone’s feelings to not get any duel challenges. Also, Mina’s suitor will come for me now, they will send various henchmen to me and will try to humiliate me, that’s going to be a given thing, so why bother accepting other things?”

Colt may be conservative when it comes to his approach of things in this world, he is a realist and is very much aware of what he can get into.

The Orc-face was a warning to the radicality of the people in this world. No, that is incorrect, it is not only of this world but also on earth.

Back on earth, there are little to no stories about such people, but that is only because they are never broadcast. The rich stealing the love of a man who is poor, humiliating a man they do not like, killing them to suit their taste.

This world is the same as earth, there are politics and irrational people. Blind people who fail to see what is truly happening as they reject the truth of the world.

Colt is not some wise old sage, rather, he is a man of both adulthood and childhood. The stories that he had heard, the knowledge he bears, the information he holds, most of them align with the values of this world.

‘Though honestly, this world is more upfront about things like that. If that is the case, sweeping them off their feet is going to be quite easy.’ Colt is a man who had seen and experienced a lot of things.

He had managed to take care of things on earth, he managed to reverse a situation where he is supposed to be in despair and destroy the life of the one who deserved it.

As he finished his food, Colt’s eyes reflected a different kind of light than the norm. It was a much brighter light rarely seen in him, but this light is not something that is unique to him for this pair of eyes is something every human in any world possesses.

It was the eyes of someone who is enjoying the situation.

‘Well, if I fail, I’ll get beaten up and then have my body experience a lot of things. My reputation will plummet and others would look down on me resulting in announcing Filla’s existence even harder thus, this academy life is crucial for me.’

“Young Master, there is another letter that came for you.”

“Is it another Duel Request? If so, then just burn it.”

“No, it came from the orphanage back home.”

With an oh, Colt washed his mouth with water and then took the letter from Butler Go’s hands. He accepted the letter and then stood up, he had Fluff get up after seeing him finish his food so they can head to the academy.

“Here is what you asked of me to prepare, Young Master.”

Colt accepted a leather bag and thanked Butler Go before leaving in a carriage. Along the way, he made sure to check the contents of the bag.

Inside there was a diamond-like gem, it carried an azure hue and is about the size of a walnut. He looked at it and sighed.

“This caused me a whopping 20,000,000 Priba, damn, even with the original’s savings I’ll be broke soon enough if I don’t do anything to earn some money.”

The original had a fortune with him when he relinquished his body to Leo. He had a total of 10,000 Perum or 100,000,000 Priba. He had been saving up money for occasions that he deems as an emergency.

For example, the original had thought of running away with Filla and starting a life in a faraway backwater land. With so much money like this, Colt and Filla would be able to survive for a whole lifetime.

But in the end, he didn’t do it and simply stuck to what he had been doing.

Colt shook his head and ignored this wild thought of the past and focused on the future.

Taking out the letter from his chest pocket Colt opened it and he instinctively smiled as he saw its contents. The handwriting was not that neat, but it only showed the effort put into the letter.

But the smile turned to astonishment as soon as he read the letter.

[Daddy, I learned how to control Mana, Sister Mary said that once we learn what elements I am attuned with. Hehe, she said that if I train hard and become a prodigy, I can be together with Daddy faster. I can’t wait for my birthday, you can take anyone home with you, and please bring back Miss Mina so I’ll be able to thank her. Take care in the capital, bye-bye.]

Colt had always seen Filla as a prodigy. She can already speak without a problem while she is at such an age and right now, she even managed to control mana.

And thinking about it, Colt realized something.

‘A prodigy and someone who is really young, hmmm, Filla, my daughter. How come I can’t remember anything about her? I’m pretty sure nothing is said about Filla dying. There are three prodigies in the western continent, is she one of those children?

‘But, what if Sister Mary changed her name? Also, Sister Mary and Mary Courtgain both of these ladies have the same name. Damn, this author sucks at naming. But this is going to be confusing, I should at least have a nickname for them to differentiate them from one another…Sister Mary should be Sister, and Mary Courtgain…let’s just go with M, that’s easier to remember.’

Colt didn’t want to know, because the lives of these prodigies are not something one should envy.

While he was forming some form of theory, Fluff who was purring while having his tummy gets rubbed tapped Colt’s hand as it asked, “Myuu?”

“The reason I am smiling is simple, I got a letter from my daughter.”

“Nya!?”

Fluff chirruped as its shock could not be contained from the plot twist of its master…before returning to purring and having a look of contentment on its face.

Then as it was being all comfortable, Fluff remembered something, “Nyaaaa…”

“What? You have siblings…? Let’s worry about that later, I don’t really have time to deal with your problems. We’ll find them once I take my daughter home.”

“Myaa…(Fair enough).”

I forgot to announce that I actually posted the poll as a way to see how you guys would react. I'm now pretty sure that you guys are very varied on your opinions and as to what I would like for the story, whether it is harem or not, my answer is not yet decided or I just don't want to announce it so the element of surprise will exist...

 

Also the cat is androgynous, if ever, it's bromance and companionship, the cat is too manly to be a cat girl...but I am surprised how many likes for Colt to end up with the Cat.

303