51. Meeting
10.2k 35 268
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Friday, two days had passed and Colt’s name had spread around the capital like wildfire.

It first started in the academy, and then around the youths before reaching the ears of the adults. His name was elevated, being held to the standards of Count Shickly’s son.

The plan to become popular was smoothly moving along and Colt was rather satisfied with its advancement. Right now, he is even considering the words he will say to his parents and more importantly to his father-in-law.

Mina already somewhat accepted the current situation with Colt and Filla, she is much more accepting than he had thought. Thus, it was pretty much a done deal with her. Unless he truly fucks something up, Mina is already someone who will support what he wishes to do.

Also, he had been able to control her outburst, no incident had occurred that led to anyone getting hurt.

Colt at the moment was at the high time of his life, but in the meantime the only thing he sees is his popularity and how he will react to it. And at the moment, people’s view of him was split in two.

They saw him as a fierce reaper, but also a kind and merciful man. He was fierce for he will take revenge on those who attack him and kind because he holds back and has a cat as a Soul Partner.

The latter part of the rumors was weird, though it was the truth. Colt was indeed becoming more popular because of Fluff and because of this, for some unknown reason, there was now a gathering of ten cats on the back garden.

By the open pagoda in the middle of a pond sat Colt with a passive look on his face. The water lilies bloomed in a myriad of color making it look like an ethereal realm.

It was early on Friday morning and the pleasant spring breeze almost made him fall asleep. The tempting caress of the wind almost pulled him down the darkness that is taking an early nap.

“Nya…”

But he chose not to be pulled down as ten or so stray cats gathered. Sitting one side of open pagoda’s ledge, a synchronized meow echoed.

Placing the teacup on his hand on the table before him where the proctor white cat sat to observed the ten cats of varying colors. With a stern piercing gaze, Fluff raised his hand and the ten cats raised their chins like trained soldiers.

Fluff turned to Colt with a what seemed to be a cat version of a smug face as it boasted about its achievement.

“So…is this your army?”

“Mew!”

Fluff tapped its chest as if to say, “leave it to me” and began teaching the strays some more new tricks. Colt could understand Fluff's words, as for the strays, it was vague but he can make out some of their words also.

He calls this power, ‘Catnection’ a stupid name but he came with it and he doesn’t care if people judge him for it but this is now canon for this world.

While Colt was busy watching the “spartan training” of the cats under Fluff who was talking about Zara and the like, Colt took one more sip of the tea and asked, “These cats are going to start eating here aren’t they?”

“Nya! Mew, meow, mow, nyaaa!”

Fluff nodded its head vigorously and even demanded a diet to be created for its soldier to be created. It claimed that it will create the strongest cat army, these ten will become its Generals and captains.

An insidious smile appeared on Fluff’s mouth as it began thinking of the future. It rubbed its paws together like a master planner and continued the training.

While all of that was going on, Colt returned to his thinking of popularity and something crept up from the back of his head as a girl with green hair walked towards the open pagoda together with Butler Go.

The girl was Jin’s sister named Sera.

Like Jin she was staying in his manor and had asked Colt to employ. Colt accepted her request, and in most cases, she should be wearing a maid’s uniform resembling a Victorian-style uniform.

However, for some reason, she is now wearing a Butler’s Uniform. But the worst part is that as she stood before Colt with a straightened back, and hair styled like a bun, she seemed suited for it.

“What is it, Butler Go?” But despite his amazement, Colt will not let it show on his face as it might deteriorate his image of someone respectable.

“The Young Miss of the Genesis Family has arrived together with Sir Jin, in the meantime I had them stay in the Guest Hall. However, if the Young Master wants to…”

“Direct them here. Butler Sera, you go and call them here, I have something to say to Butler Go for the time being.”

“I understand, Young Master Colt.” She left with a satisfied smile. Colt watched her enter the mansion ward then turned to Butler Go.

“I didn’t think she’ll ask to be a Butler, and you accepting her as a disciple was even more of a surprise to me…so, how is she doing?”

Butler Go noticed that Colt’s teacup was empty and picked up the teapot to pour Colt a new one.

“Everyone in the mansion likes her as she helps around and I think she has the talent to become a Head Butler, hoho.”

“You didn’t think you’ll be training another butler, did you? Much less a woman.”

“Well, it was unpredictable but I am having a rather good time right now.”

“That is good.”

Colt picked up the teacup and took a sip, he turned to the cats as he asked Butler Go, “Any news about the thing I asked you?”

Butler Go closed his eyes with a smile and looked over to the cats as well before giving the answer, “I didn’t think your words were true, Young Master but, it is already done, I have compiled the information and archived them together.”

“According to Father you were his and Grandfather’s leader in his espionage squad, and it seems like you’re still really skilled.”

“Hoho, you flatter me, Young Master. I am still only half done with the list you gave me; it seems like I am rusting with age. But I should be able to get it done in a week or so.”

“Alright, just be careful. Oh yeah, why not train Sera to become someone as capable as you? If she’s skilled with other things, she may just also be skilled in this line of job. After all, is she not a receptionist? Being the face of an Apothecary Guild is something done by someone who capable of reading emotions and picking up subtle motions to react to them.”

Colt was merely jesting. Sera was merely an ordinary girl who hid from the Genesis Family when they attacked her brother and came looking for her. In the novel, her role was never associated with espionage.

But with his simple comment, Butler Go had an idea and smiled.

‘She might just become a great help to the Young Master. I am also about to kick the bucket anyway, why not pass it down to her?’

Go, is a man who served Gars Edgeworth, the father of Shickly Edgeworth and the Grandfather to Colt Edgeworth. He has no family and had already retired a long time ago and if not for Colt’s request he would idle by in this mansion without making a move and die somewhere along the line.

But after one job, Butler Go’s flames was ignited and it appears that Colt ignited another passion for the retired old man.

And as time passed, Butler Go left as the maid he asked earlier arrived with tea and some sweets.

With her arrival, Fluff left with his recruits to train somewhere else. But they didn’t just leave, they followed the maid as she left for the kitchen after setting things up, and then the cats began acting on their first mission, “Asking for food.” Thus, the recruits led by Fluff braved through the garden and went to the kitchen.

Soon enough, three people arrived. With Sera leading the way, a couple arrived.

Both of them looked feminine making the scene resemble a girl’s love story. Colt stood up and walked to one of the open pagoda’s entrance. He nodded his head to Jin as he smiled before turning to the girl with the pointy ears and a rather tall stature.

“Welcome, to my humble home.”

The tall lady was beautiful with a beautiful braided silver hair. She slightly lowered her head as she showed her respect to Colt, “Thank you for the hospitality, Young Master Colt.”

Vyra had a pair of fierce eyes. Although Jin referred to her as kind and really gentle, those eyes gave the impression that she was built to become a villain.

And she was known to show a smile thus she was rather passive when she met with Colt. And as she stared at Colt who knows the secret and claimed a lot of things, Vyra was extra careful making her look battle-ready.

Colt felt rather fearful because if his information was right, she should be an Eighth-Circled Mage right now. Being someone from a Great Family had made her have a lot of advantages in life.

Also, she’s older than she looks. Being an Ancient Elf, her lifespan is long and her youthful looks are almost retained throughout her life — she should be around 73 years old.

But she is still considered young despite that. However, from one point, Colt looked at Jin with an impressed expression.

‘Very admirable.’ Jin truly deserves his respect despite everything else.

“Jin, Miss Vyra, please why not have a seat?”

Colt offered and the two thanked him as they sat on the chairs. Sera by this time had already left and the three were left by themselves.

And as Colt took in a deep breath he smiled as he began thinking about his opening words. This was an important conversation, so it was necessary to start it with the lightest topic:

“Miss Vyra, why don’t you leave the Genesis Family?”

I'm keeping Catnection and no one ca stop me!

268