53 One Answer
9.5k 26 274
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vyra was already at the tipping point. She knows what Colt is saying was true, however, there is still doubt in her mind and the only one who can clear that doubt is no longer Colt but herself; Colt is not aware of her thoughts because the main series in the novel never truly delved into her past.

To him, the only thing he sees in the Genesis Family is that they are corrupt and evil who will go to war against the Phantasmagorias.

But, to the Vyra of this world, her perception is different from Colt’s. Her life is not a plot of some novel but a reality that she had lived.

As she sat there staring at Colt’s eyes, she managed to see and recount the past. The past when the Genesis Family was not broken to bits.

67 years ago, when Vyra was but 5 years of age, she, her little brother, father, and mother lived a peaceful life.

The name of her father was Gyrus Genesis and her mother’s name was Versa.

They were a family full of smiles, frolicking about the carpet of greens that spread across a beautiful flowery garden. They would laugh as they go about their lives peacefully.

But in an ancient family like theirs, there are always those who are considered as the villain that is envious of those around them.

At the time, the Elders of the family had already been acting rather strangely, as they eyed the position of the Family Head and gain the power for themselves.

But they could not beat Gyrus in a head-on battle and they cannot match his charisma. So, the only they could do was target his family, more specifically, they targeted Versa.

Although Versa, Gyrus, and the rest treated everyone fairly including their servants and maids, the Elders picked the most vulnerable of the maids and threatened her with the life of her family.

With that, they ordered for Versa and Gyrus to be poisoned. Slowly, the two grew weaker and weaker but as Versa was weaker than her husband, she was the one who collapsed first.

Gyrus ordered his people to call for the best apothecaries, but even the best could not find a cure. At the time, the poison had no cure. Gyrus' search for a cure became a burden he wished to carry on his own, he was so focused on trying to save Versa that he became a tunneled vision man. Creating questionable decisions that the Elders used to further bury their marks and slowly take over Family.

With sunken cheeks and eyes, Versa was nothing but a shadow of her previous vibrant self. Slowly, she grew weaker and weaker, becoming thinner as time went on eventually, she began coughing up blood.

All of this happened when Vyra was already 15 years of age, she was by Versa’s side every single day in order to keep her mother company. She became a much-needed support to her mother when she needed it the most.

However, as she reached the age of 16, the age for Ancient Elves to train, the Elders tricked Vyra into turning her attention to magic in order to, according to the Elders “heal” her mother. Vyra being as young as she was had been successfully tricked.

Giving it her all, slowly, she became adept in trying to learn magic and searching for a cure to Versa’s situation. Time moves forward and the more Versa became weaker, the harder Vyra practiced.

She would cry at night as she felt helpless, she would crumble as she sees her mother becoming weaker by the day. When she reached 17 years of age, it was the time when she became a Quadro-Elemental but it was also the time when Versa could no longer hold on.

When Vyra came to learn of her mother’s death, she was busy practicing magic; and the day before that happened, Vyra can still remember Versa’s word which was, ‘stay’.

But as she was hopeful that she can find the cure the more time she spends on researching, Vyra made her a promise, “I will heal you, mother. Wait for me.”

She can still clearly remember the helpless smile of her mother. That smile already told Vyra everything, that she knows that her life is at the edge. Versa’s wish was to stay with her daughter and son, however, when she heard Vyra’s hopeful cries, she could not bear to destroy that hope.

So, in her last moments, she let her go. When Vyra realized that fact, she cried like a little girl. She could not help it, her mother just died and the guilt almost crushed her soul almost prompting her to kill herself.

But every time she remembers her mother, she could not.

It was supposed to be going well, but ten months after Versa’s death, it was Gyrus’ time to say his farewells.

He did not die from the poison, at least not entirely; he was too strong to collapse and be bedridden but he was also just a Mortal. The weakened Gyrus learned of the Elders’ scheme after digging for information and tried to kill them with his own hands. But as he was weakened, Gyrus was overpowered and was slain.

But before he died, he made sure to transfer the power of the Clan to his son, Yrva who, at the time was the most stable so that his children would be able to live as they would then be protected by his remaining followers. As for Vyra, he left a journal that detailed his findings and his last wishes.

“My daughter, if you are reading this, then that must mean that I have passed away…” His findings detailed events and their motives, Vyra at this point had negative emotions rising from her chest. However, those emotions were washed away as she read Gyrus’ final words.

“My daughter, don’t do anything reckless, do not plot anything, and simply live. If you plot for revenge then…I fear that you will be killed. The Elders are watching you now, so, instead of plotting and living your life in the darkness of hate, please, just remember that in this life, you and your brother are my and Versa’s treasure. Please, don’t throw away the treasures that the heavens gifted us…please, don’t darken the gem that we have polished and don’t tarnish the proud and beautiful life that is yourself.”

She wished to plot for revenge, but instead, the last message of the book saved her from actually doing so. She cried ten days and nights, almost dying from doing so. She was weakened, but she thrived in her promise and memories.

And soon enough, Vyra’s mind survived thanks to these memories. The Genesis Family is something she had already forsaken and only her brother and the memories are what remains.

Despite everything else, being the one to inherit their wishes saved Vyra from throwing herself into the darkness of revenge. She kept everything to her heart, not letting even Yrva know.

However, right now, as she listened to Colt, she can tell that the possibility of her newfound family will also end.

Colt’s push inched her towards, the edge and finally pulled through. And as the shackles slowly cracked, Vyra realized that the darkness in her heart had never left her.

If she had truly let go and did what Gyrus had wished then her best actions of that time would be to leave that place. But something within her stopped her from doing so, was it fear of being tracked down and then killed or was it that on the back of her head, Vyra wished to get revenge.

However, starting from Jin who showed him another new light and with the family, she is going to build with him, Vyra’s shackles cracked. And with Colt helping Jin completely pull her out of that darkness, she finally realized what it is she needs to do.

And that is to follow her desires and finally fulfill her parents’ wishes and that is to live.

Thus, she gave the answer to Colt’s question:

“The present, I choose the present. Please, Young Master Colt…help Jin and I be free of the Genesis Family.”

And as she lowered her head, she closed her eyes as she awaited his answer.

Colt showed a soft smile upon hearing her words, and as he smiled, he nodded his head, “I will save you both, do not worry.”

And as Vyra nodded her head, she tightly held Jin’s hands as her body trembled. Tears began to flow as her dignified voice cracked and shake, “T-thank you…”

As Vyra did so, Jin stood up and held Vyra. He held him close to his chest as the one he loves began to cry from the realization that for the first time in so many years, she was free.

I hope you liked this chapter. After some thinking and some convincing from a reader, it seems like the timeframe of death was too over exaggerated, and if you are reading this note and don't know what I'm talking about, in simple terms, Versa remained poisoned for 10 years that's it...so I changed the age and the timeframe making it somewhat believable.

274