65. To fight with numbed Legs
8.5k 39 226
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A roar filled with rage echoed as Mina darted forward once more. Her eyes were red as she failed to contain the rage within. She wore no dress to this place; her boots were meant to sustain heavy strains.

She wore a pair of black pants and her hair was braided. She may not be dressed to fight, but it was enough to grant Mina enough mobility to move. She needs no spear, she only needs her fist, the years of training she had with her father was now showing, the martial arts meant to kill is now being used to protect her beloved!

Gathering her mana to her fist, Mina threw a punch!

The wind picked up the pressure her fist generated was not something to scoff at.

The assassin’s hand was still quite numb from Mina’s first punch. He was hurting, but he moved to the side and let Mina split the tree in two. Though Mina’s fist bled, it quickly stopped as she applied healing magic to her fist.

The assassin saw this and felt even more pressured. A single move was enough to bring his heart to trepidation. Though he’s a Rank-6 Warrior, he cannot help but feel fear towards the woman before him.

‘Tsk, I don’t like using the elements but it appears I don’t have any choice!’ As he said those words, the assassin gathered his aura. His element was the wind and then his body lighter. He kicked the ground and moved around....he was sent flying up.

Atop a tree, the assassin wanted to catch his breath, but even that was taken away from him as Mina was not so weak that she won’t be able to follow someone from such height!

A web-like formation underneath her feet as Mina she jumped up. In a manner of a split second, she was once again meeting eye to eye with the assassin.

For a moment, he was feeling fear, but underneath the cover of his face was a smile blossoming.

“You’re too reckless.”

The man said and just like what Mina had predicted, two more jumped out from the covers of the trees. They too were garbed in black and held them in a reverse grip.

They were weaker than the first one, they were only a Rank-5 Warrior. Right after the two appeared, the assassin that Mina was after took the chance and join in on the fun, catching Mina on every side. It didn’t matter if the reinforcement is weaker, they still have the number advantage.

Mina may seem like a Valkyrie but she has no wings to fly. Dodging all of them was impossible.

“Die!” He screamed out.

They are at a clear advantage; they can kill Mina if they so wish to do so. However, it won’t be easy!

Her eyes further turned savage but her mind was quickly turning sharper. The anger filling her head became a drug that freed her mind from unnecessary thought.

To fight in a battlefield where your comrade dies, it is necessary to have a strong mind. And one lesson she was taught was that it’s necessary for any soldier to not delude one’s decision with anger.

‘Do not be dragged around by emotions, instead, use it to strengthen the mind. Wait and find an opening you can tread upon, the body is a weapon, stretch out thy fingers and it is a blade! If the skin is too tough, then pierce their vulnerabilities! Make sure you observe their movements!’

Mina’s thoughts run wild. She processed what was happening and began calculating the path she could take. On the battlefield, one must have an acute sense of sight and have a sharp mind. The battlefield is ever-changing; thus, one must see through every opening they can find and execute the best course of action!

As the two blades flew towards her, Mina focused on the possibility of survival. Her enemies all have a single dagger. These daggers are sharp enough to cut through bones like butter, and she is no Earth element Warrior to deflect these blades.

However, there is one rule in combat she can apply. She raised both hands to the side and met the enemy head-on. The two hidden assassins used thrust their blades towards Mina!

Stab!

Their goal was met, but their eyes widened at the sight before them. Blood flew like the fountain as both Mina’s hands were stabbed.

But that didn’t faze Mina. Using magic to make the pain go away, Mina managed to react. She looked forward, her eyes never glued to the one who cut Colt’s arm. Her eyes that are filled with killing intent met with the assassin’s.

The one goal in her mind was simple, that is to kill. She can just spare any of the two for later questioning. But the one before her must die!

As the Rank-6 Warrior saw Mina’s eyes, he too thrust his dagger forwards. But as he did so. Mina used her remaining weapons, her legs. Kicking his hand and deflecting the dagger, her opponent is now unarmed.

‘T-this is insane! I already knew she’s strong but…she’s something else entirely! I can’t even call upon my Soul Partner, dammit! But we managed to hit her…tsk, how long do we have to fight this monster!? UGH!’

Bam!

Slightly twisting her body, Mina delivered a kick straight to the abdomen sending him flying away. The main assassin broke many tree branches along the way before reaching the ground.

As the remaining two who had been trying to pull their daggers out of Mina’s hands, their fate was also sealed.

They were pulled by Mina and then as their sword was pushed deeper into Mina’s hands. The guard of their daggers touched Mina’s palms.

Normally they should be happy. But Mina’s long and slender fingers reached their wrist and broke it.

“Aaaaah!” It was now their time to scream in pain.

Thud!

The three of them fell to the ground. Mina landed but the other two crashed. Now that no one held the daggers, Mina took it for herself and threw it to each assassin’s legs, pinning them down.

They screamed in pain as Mina dashed forward trying to reach the one in front. She kicked the ground, trying to be as quick as she could so that he’ll be tortured faster.

She wanted to rush, so she circulates more of her mana around her body but halfway through it, her hands grew numb.

“What’s happening?”

Starting from her hands, it reached all the way to her shoulders! Soon, all of her arms could not feel anything.

Her hands dangled to the side as she tried running for the main assassin.

The Rank-6 Warrior saw this and grabbed his abdomen whilst snickering.

“Hehe, it’s taking effect! HAH! How do you feel now you bitch! Y~” His words stopped as he stared at Mina whose eyes never changed as her hand grew numb.

She was still running towards him and she even picked up the pace as if she was afraid that she will not reach him. Mina never lost eye-contact. Slowly, Mina can feel her feet growing numb, but as felt her legs growing numb by the second, she kicked the ground and sent herself darting forward.

Like an arrow that had been released from the bow, Mina cut through the wind! And then, seconds later, her knee reached him, sending him spiraling down!

But the cost of this was Mina losing the feeling to her body. She tumbled on the ground resulting in her skin being peeled.

When she fell, Mina landed just right and managed to see the ones she pinned down drinking something from a tiny vial. This sight confirmed her suspicions – poison.

With that confirmed, Mina confirmed this and she gritted her teeth from frustration at the fact she couldn’t protect her beloved. She watched as the two stood up and listened as the other one scrambled to get up.

They were limping towards Mina; they were hurt but they were smiling as they approached her. They were injured by her but at the end, she was the one who lost.

They may have been beaten, but she’s the one to die. Mina could not open her mouth, she can only watch and listen. Little by little, they grew closer to her side. She watched them but something else caught her attention!

And soon enough, they were already beside her. Casting a shadow to obscure Mina’s sight, she heard one of the weaker two speak!

“You gave us a lot of trouble, but this is the end of the line.”

The stronger one wanted to speak, but from what Mina could tell, his jaw must have been busted for his words were nothing but incoherent ramblings. That or he’s simply an idiot.

“I would have loved to play with your body and torment you but we’re not allowed to touch you, so, die!!”

They raised their weapons. Mina was on the brink of death, but she didn’t care about her killers, for she looked at the figure that made her heart thrum with mixed emotions.

She wished for him to stop, she wished for him to run! She wanted to scream, but her mouth could not open.

She should be in despair, but at this moment her heart was beating wildly from something else other than fear.

Even with numb limbs, even with his auraless self, Colt runs to Mina’s side. And with only one hand, he unsheathed the sword dangling by his side with a roar that pierced the heaven and rocked the earth!

“GET AWAY FROM MY WOMAN!”

He who had been training with numb limbs finally saw his effort bore fruit. With eyes that is filled with fear, he stepped forward devouring the darkness in his heart.

And despite his nature and morality forbidding him from taking a life, he dashed forth with the intent!

Slash!

With that roar stopping the assassin’s hands, Colt finally used the unsheathed sword. And as he made a decisive slash, he managed to split one of the injured weaker assassins in two.

Damn, this is far from chapter 15

226