85. Finally, He Faces the Future
7k 16 174
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Don’t forget to eat a lot and to not neglect your sleep, okay?” Countess Faerith was very worried like she was previously when Colt first left.

She said many things to him and packed a lot of items. Most of them were unnecessary, but Colt didn’t try arguing.

Arguing with a Mother is one of the things he must avoid…or else.

It took a while, but Colt managed to say his farewells to his family. His mother was worried and reluctant to let him leave, but the Count and the Marquis nodded their heads in approval of his decision.

They are not that worried for Neun was with him.

‘Neun's a Phase two Pathfinder. A Transcendental Warrior is not someone so easily dealt with.’ Their thoughts coincide with one another.

Risa and Lyra said some things of encouragement to him before giving him a thumbs up. Colt sighed at this sight as she looked at Risa and reminded her.

“Risa, don’t forget to train. You’re already about to reach Rank-4 Warrior, make sure you get stronger soon.”

“Yes, yes brother.”

“I’m not kidding, make sure you get a Soul Partner too. You’ve been postponing it since you were little. You already have aura; you can already get two if you want to.”

“I know, I’ll form a contract once I meet a good Beast, don’t worry.”

Risa complained as she yawned. Unlike Colt, Risa had no Soul Partner despite her strength. She doesn’t like to get an egg and always says she wants a Partner from the wild.

She says those from the wild are stronger.

‘That’s her belief, but she doesn’t make an effort to find one.’ he was becoming a proper older brother without him noticing.

Lyra also said her goodbyes — to Fluff. Colt didn't mind being ignored she gave him a peck on the cheeks....really, he didn't mind at all.

Hylda and Filla were reluctant to have Colt leave them again. They didn’t want to get separated so soon. Though Colt had been with them this entire time, and they barely played together, the mere presence of a Father is much better than none.

It’s different when they can see him than not. They didn’t say much because they didn’t know what actually to say to him, so they hugged him and whispered, “Take care, Father.”

“Thank you. I will be very careful, don’t worry.” That was enough for Colt.

The two separated with Colt, and the last remaining person left would be Mina. Colt stood up and met face to face with Mina.

“Take care out there, my Darling.”

“Yes, I will. But you should also take of yourself for you and our youngest child. Remember to take it easy.”

“Of course.”

“…” Colt stared at Mina. He remembered what happened last night that lasted until 4:00 am and whispered in her ears as he asked, “Are you calm now? Will you be able to last?”

Mina simply showed him a sweet and confident smile, “Don’t worry. My 'husbandium' charge should last for the time you are gone…I also have my methods to relieve myself.”

“What was the last part? I didn’t quite hear that.”

“I said you shouldn’t try and look at other women when you’re out…okay?”

“…Yes ma’am.”

“Oh yeah, I left a letter in your luggage, read it as you go

For better or worse, Colt didn’t hear Mina’s silent voice. Colt could now see she was fine.

with everything in order, he gave his daughters one final kiss on their cheeks.

Hylda, who used to be embarrassed every time Colt did that, returned the favor by giving him one as well. So did Filla.

With a joyous expression, Colt looked at his two wonderful daughters, “Take care now. Make sure to study hard then play harder. Also, I'm counting on you to take care of your mother and youngest sibling.”

“Yes, sir…hahaha.” they giggled.

The last echoing chuckle burst out to sound Colt’s departure. After this, the Count and Marquis would talk about something with a drink; the Countess will begin the lessons of the children; Risa will train, sleep, eat, then sleep again; and finally, Mina will cook snacks for everyone, including the servants and then “clean” Colt’s room where she and her beloved spent the night together.

In the span of three days...

A bed sheet and three pillowcases will disappear without anyone ever noticing.

While Colt was leaving the Wing City, there would be eyes observing the carriages that took off.

A man on the third floor of the teahouse, Garden of Serenity observing his group before turning his attention to the manor.

The young man was handsome. With long white hair and a decent build, he was a man who naturally attracts attention.

‘With this, the biggest headache is gone. Always being observed by one of the Monsters inside as he trains day in and day out had been problematic in terms of stakeout. With this, we’ll be able to move forward. I need a reward for this...hmm, his wife, Mina, was it? She seems delectable.’

A smile emerged from his mouth.

===

Cot traveled with three carriages. 

The first carriage is for supplies. The second is for him, Butler Neun and Butler Sera to stay in. The third is both for medical supplies and tired soldiers.

Traveling with a Platoon of Soldiers was something he asked for the Count.

‘You want a Platoon of Soldiers? I can understand your worry. I’ll make sure to send some of my Soldiers to protect you.’

‘No, Father. You misunderstood me; I want a Platoon of Soldiers not only for my protection. I want to make my own force. With that in mind, I want funds and volunteers, please.’

‘Why do you need them? My forces should be enough for you, right?”

‘Father…listen…a war of a different scale is coming. I want to prepare for that war and make sure no one in our family will fall.’

Colt has taken the first step out of the safe zone of his knowledge and began thinking of the coming future.

‘War will come no matter how much I want to avoid it. So, I’ll prepare for them and make sure that I’ll be able to push them back off.’

He thought as he was once again given the duty to rub the belly of a cat.

I am now in the midst of editing the earlier chapters, for now, only chapters 1 to 4 have been reedited. Hopefully, I finish by the end of this week

174