91. Bleeding (Part 2)
5.8k 12 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Killing is easy if you have the skills. Watching Colt dispatch over a dozen whose aura level is higher than his was something else to watch.

Neun watched as Colt kill more and more of the bandits. He sneered at their skills. They are useless and untrained.

‘Aren’t they from the Eastern Continent? Well, they might not be, but…the one who’s hiding sure has enough skills to put the guards to sleep. That person’s going to be too much for the youngling.’

Neun became stoic. His front of an eccentric old man disappeared and his smile also. A sharp and undetectable intent loomed over his body. From his toes to the tips of his hair, he became someone else entirely.

“Hey, cat, take care of this one. I’m going to take care of something.” Neun threw Julius to Fluff, and as he said, he disappeared from sight.

Rummaging around his breast pocket, Neun brought out a pendant with a green gem embedded on it. Neun brought it close to him and whispered, “Wake up, I need some help.”

 “Hmm, this smell, are you in a war? Why didn’t you call me sooner?” A jovial voice came out as a Bulldog came out of the gem. The Black Bulldog came out of the pendant and looked around.

They were within the darkness, but its yellow eyes were still prominent as ever. It looked at Neun, who was perched on a tree branch, “It’s been a few years since I woke up…so, do you want me to activate the [Gift], or do you want me to do all the job?”

“Activate it. Heighten my senses, and let me sniff out the bastard trying to mess with my vacation.”

“Got it, boss.”

The Bulldog’s eyes grew even more ominous. But it did nothing other than making a proper connection to Neun.

His nose began to blacken like the color of the Bulldog. His sense of smell heightened by a couple of hundreds of times. But what he smells is not the worldly aroma scattered throughout. It was the smell of Life Essence.

Neun closed his eyes and focused his senses to pick up everything in a Five-hundred-meter radius….!

“There you are!” Neun coldly spoke. Gathering his strength, Neun extended his middle finger. His figure disappeared. The branch he was standing on exploded to bits. When he reappeared, Neun had already pierced the heart of a golden-haired man wearing a white robe.

“What the!?” The golden-haired Illusionist’s eyes widened from shock.

His mind wavered, and in an instant, Neun grabbed him the beck and pinned him to a nearby tree.

“A Master? I wasn’t told this!? That bastard whoreson…did he tricked me!?” The illusionist cursed aloud.

“Hmmm? I don’t know what you’re talking about, but it seems like you were ordered to do this. So, who was it that told you to do this!? Oh yea, keep in mind that I already pierced your heart, you will die no matter what you do. Those who sent you here to die will live, and you will be the only one to suffer this fate. Do you want to end up like that? If you tell me who did this, and who that whoreson is, then I’ll send them to hell, so all is fair, right?’

Neun had a cold tone of voice and demeanor. He can see the despair in his eyes. The Illusionist knows that he will die, and Neun exploited that without missing a beat.

Of course, it was clear he will be tempted. The Illusionist opened his mouth, ready to spill the beans he is keeping within. But before he can speak, Neun got a whiff of another smell.

The Illusionist reeks of Prana, but this time, it was an aura.

Boom!

The tree where Neun held the Illusionist exploded to bits. A sword pierced the tree and then the head of the Illusionist before he can tell Neun anything. Neun caught the sword and sighed in disappointment, "There was another rat? I am getting rustier by the day."

Brain matter and blood spurted out like foundation, yet Neun’s butler clothes remained clean. Neun tried sniffing out the smell, but there was no longer anything.

‘The aura disappeared. Hmm, are there Master Level Warriors here? If so, then, that will help my successor become stronger.’ Neun thought without batting an eye.

There are three known paths for intelligent lifeforms: Illusionist, Mage, and Warrior.

All three are paths have two phases which are measured separately:

Phase one: Illusionists are by Layer; Mages are by Magic Circle: and Warriors are by Rank.

However, in Phase two, pathfinding, there is no aura density or something of that matter.

There are only skills. Phase Two pathfinders refine their skills not just their aura, mana, or prana. It’s tough to become a Phase Two pathfinder so, it’s only natural that they are strong.

However, Neun now looks at them as if they are fertilizer to nurture Colt. He sees his talent as something genuinely worth nurturing.

“Well, I can’t let them kill him, so I supposed that’s not possible anyway.” Neun was somewhat disappointed at this fact.

This night, Neun learned nothing and many things at the same time. He learned there were a lot of people in the shadows, and there’s something weird about all this.

He wants to worry about them, but he can’t do anything other than a sigh.

Tonight was a significant night for him and Colt. Neun wishes there are a lot more ambushes like this, but sadly, after another week, they had already reached the Valley of Death, and no such thing happened.

‘Dammit, why don’t they want to kill my Young Master?’ Neun complained.

===

September 5th, it was a bright Tuesday.

A woman with golden hair and drill-like hair stood before the door of the Edgeworth Family manor.

Mary Courtgain has arrived at Wing City.

Mary was met by Mina who looked at her with a pleasant smile.

Mina put both hands together as she welcomed Mary, "It's good to see you, Miss Marie."

"It's Mary...wait I'm not here to argue." Mary gathered herself and managed to stand tall again,  "Ahem, as the representative of the Courtgain Family I am here to congratulate you on your pregnancy, Miss Mina. Also...um, is he...here?" 

Mina looked at Mary and closed her eyes. 

She took in a deep breath and answered with the most jovial expression she could, "Thank you for that, Miss Courtgain. Now, please leave because MY darling of a husband is not here! Have a nice day."

168