92. Bleeding (Part 3)
5.7k 14 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mother? Who is she? Don’t tell me…Father’s Mistress? A Fly!? Does this mean we get to punish father?” Filla’s anxious filled voice was heard clearly. Her words were a little disturbing, but Mina was now a role model of a mother.

“Filla, stop it. Don’t make such early assumptions. You don’t want to punish your father, right? But…if it’s true that she’s a Mistress, then your father and I will have a talk.” Mina sounded stern about her warning.

Filla’s eyes glistened as she asked, “Can I watch? Big Sis Hylda and Lyra’s away to the Magical Beast Forest after all. It had been too boring.”

“Oh dear, of course not. It’s an adult’s talk. You need to wait until you’re at least in your teens before you can listen to adult conversation. Also, Big Sis Hylda and Lyra will come back any time now, so you’ll get to show them your magic very soon. So, practice hard now. Come now, get your books, I’ll teach you how to form your Magic Circles properly.”

“Okaaaaay.”

Filla’s disappointment about Mina’s answer about the matter of listening was very much apparent.

However, Mina masterfully followed with words that distracted her from what she’s interested in, to something else. It could be said that Mina had become very proficient in her mothering skill.

As proof, Filla left to get her books with a smile.

She’s very proud of that simple fact. She puffed up her chest as her success was very much apparent.

“Um…that’s a unique conversation topic. What did she call me? A Mistress? A Fly? Have you been teaching her that?”

“Yes! Isn’t she the little prodigy? I thought she was just some cheeky kid, but now I learned how brilliant and lovely she is. She even understands everything I teach her.

“From the Ancestral Teaching (Her Mother’s teaching) to Magic, she’s very interested in learning. Also, Hylda, oh, she’s our oldest daughter, is a very talented Spear Wielder. Father and Father-in-Law are enthusiastically teaching her! Our daughters are also very kind. Quite the angels, I say…”

“You sound rather…proud of them…ahahaha.”

“Of course, I am! Hmph!” She snorted as if to say, ‘That’s obvious.’

Mina, the woman who rules over the women of the capital. Holding the hearts of countless men captive, Mina was respected by all. She was a cold blood woman.

However, Mary can only see Mina as a doting and prideful bordering arrogant mother. Having been thought of the way of a Mother by the Countess Faerith and remembering the words of her late Mother, Mina transcended her previous ways.

She would have already been perfect if not for the weird things she is teaching Filla.

But even then, she managed to shrug that off, ‘The Vera and Edgeworth Family are simply eccentric. That’s it, clearly that’s it.’

She still has her doubts. But she threw those thoughts away for the atmosphere was rather light considering she was with Mina today, “Haha, it seems like you have mellowed down since meeting with the Young Master Colt…”

“Of course, hohoho…so, what brings you here searching for beloved, huh!?” Of course, that atmosphere was destroyed as soon as Filla left.

“Your mood seemed to have shifted…Miss Mina.”

“Of course, I couldn’t show my daughter such ugliness. But now that Filla is gone, we’ll be able to talk seriously.” Mina snapped her fingers, and seven balls of fire surrounded Mary.

The surrounding’s temperature rose instantly.

Mary inadvertently raised both hands like she was caught red-handed.

“Hiiiii! I-I’m not here for Young Master Colt to become a Mistress or anything like that. It’s just that he owes me a favor. I want him to take responsibility.”

Poor choice of words.

Mina raised the temperature even higher, “Is that so. I already saw your reactions when you mention my beloved darling. Your cheeks become as colorful as a rose, and your eyes glow with a dangerous glint. If not for my beloved darling’s distaste for violence, I would have already punished you according to my Ancestral Teachings.”

Mary was silent. She wanted to say no to her words, but there was one problem…she was not that good of a liar. Thus, Mary could only look away as she thought of ways to calm Mina down…

She racked her brain, trying to find the answer to this problem. Then, she came to a sudden realization.

“Miss Mina…you shouldn’t get too angry while you’re pregnant. I hear that it has some adverse effect on the child.”

Fwu!

The balls of flame disappeared.

“R-r-really!?”

‘Yes, it worked.’ Mary celebrated in her heart, “Yes, that’s correct. I heard from my Mother that it may affect the child's development. So you should calm down. Try calming down, Miss Mina. Breath in, breathe out.”

After a minute or so, Mina finally calmed herself.

Her attitude took a complete 180; from a warring wife to a peace-loving mother.

But seeing the abrupt change, Mina experienced shocked even Mary.

Nonetheless, this was the perfect atmosphere she needed.

“I have a favor to ask of the Young Master. I…”

But she couldn’t finish her words for a loud cry echoed across the manor, “Arm yourselves and be vigilant!”

A cry to arm the guards and soldiers were heard. That meant only one thing; battle abounds.

‘If a large scale like this appears, then…an invasion? Is there a war coming?’

Mary was confused.

===

The cries of the soul beckon the man.

Death is but a process that eliminates the weakest from the herd that is the world.

And Colt finally stepped forth in his journey to the valley where life cannot bloom and where the soul is trapped for eternity—cursed to roam the lands until the curse of the Valley breaks.

Before he was black soil and ground, the roars of lighting echoed together with the cries of the soul.

Colt’s heart beat faster and faster as his breath became ragged.

‘Finally, I have arrived.’

He has arrived at the Valley of Death.

And for a person who is followed by death wherever he goes…surely, he will face even more hardships as he steps onto the land of the dead.

157