95. Bleeding (Part 6)
5.5k 10 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Colt kept running and running. Following both his instincts and the instructions of Avern, he weaved through the undead while Neun made sure no one can get close to them.

Alpha was mowing down the front. He’s spearheading against everything. The undead and the terrain, nothing could stop him.

“HAHAHAHAH, IT HAD BEEN SO LONG! MORE! MORE! MOREEEEEEE!”

Alpha’s voice was intense. Like a demon from the deepest parts of the abyss, his laughter can turn human blood cold. His external feature was worthy of being called a Magical Beast.

Running through the crowd of undead that had been spread by Alpha made it so much easier. With Avern pointing at the direction where there is lesser undead than the other, Colt and the rest couldn’t be stopped by anything.

No one could stop them. But no one needs to because, after some time, Colt suddenly came to a full stop.

He turned his attention to the right wall and tilted his head without speaking.

Avern, who was by Colt’s arms, looked at the Young Master with weirded out expression.

“Young Master! We need to move! The undead! They're coming!!” Avern cried out, but Colt didn’t respond to his cries.

Instead, Colt threw him away. Walking over to the wall, Colt didn’t care about the surrounding undead.

There were three undead coming for him, yet he didn’t flinch and simply continued walking. Neun came from above and maimed every single one of them.

“Young Master! What are you doing!? We need to move!”

Neun shouted; alarmed that something might have happened.

‘The Young Master cannot be put in an illusion. He said it himself. He’s supposedly protected from all illusion. He didn't fall even when the Illusionist appeared the other day. But why is he acting like this?’

Neun was confused, but he has no time to be as seven more undead from all sides rushed to Colt. Neun was forced to protect Colt once again!

“Young Master!” He tried calling out again, but he didn’t get any response.

He wanted to take him away, but something was off with Colt. He was too enamored by the wall that if he approached him, Colt would act even weirder.

Because of this, he was forced to stay there.

‘They're coming from all sides, they move around and even use the vertical walls as foothold…they can assault us in any and every direction. I need to do something fast.’

Neun is basically the leader of the group. In terms of combat experience, he was unmatched. His strength was also unquestionable; thus, it was placed on his shoulder to carry the burden of protecting the weak.

“Alpha! Come back and take care of the left and frontal area. Make sure nothing gets past you. I’ll be the one to take care of the ones above us and the rest. Sera, Avern, and kid, go to the Young Master’s side. But don’t get too close, he might just attack you...he's acting weirdly.”

Alpha, who sees everything happening as a game, didn’t hesitate to obey Neun’s orders.

“Ripple! Leave it to me. I’ll slaughter everything! GAHAHAHA!” Alpha laughed as he called out to Neun. He opened his mouth and devoured everything he could swallow. He raised his feet and trampled everything he could crush.

He destroyed everything he could kill.

Neun, on the other hand, was cursing, “I told you not to call me by that name.”

“Hahaha, I forgot about it!”

“You bastard! It had been four decades since I told you!”

While Neun and Alpha continued a slaughter, Colt stood before the wall. He can feel it; something was calling for him. The cat also stood before the wall; it too is responding to its call.

For some odd reason, Colt could not hear anything that clearly. He can only respond to the call. It was as if he was too focus to care for anything else. But he’s still self-aware.

“Is it here?”

“Nya.”

“Then…I supposed I need to open up a path.”

Colt stated and then stood in a horse stance. Gathering his aura, he strengthened his lower half and gathered strength.

He planted himself to the world, solidifying his rule of being. He clenched his fist and then steeled his resolve. The white line on his forehead glowed ever resplendent and then…his fist flew out and hit the wall without hesitation.

BANG!

When his fist met with the wall, it sounded like a gunshot. A muffled and compact shot. It was powerful, piercing even.

“Young Master! What are you doing?” Everyone called out and asked him. Colt didn’t pay them attention. It was not to say he couldn’t hear them. It’s just that he didn’t care for much.

Thus, he threw a punch once more.

BANG!

This time, his fist was more potent than ever before. His legs had grown more robust, and with that, his grasp of the world grew.

His steps had been solidified, and his overall strength increased tremendously. He had trained his body in all sorts of ways.

Now, Colt is showing the results and is even improving by the second as he does so. As he continues throwing punches, his awareness of his fist grew.

His mind analyzed his stance, his momentum, his draw; and everything else. Every time he throws a punch, he would improve until finally, he found the perfect form.

He lowered his body and felt the world through his toes and the sole of his feet. He twisted his hip and then felt the whole world whirl, and as he threw his thirty-seventh fist, a pure compact sound could be heard!

BAM! Web-like cracks appeared.

Then, the wall crumbled to nothingness.

A path was made, and the cries became stronger.

The wall opened to a cave, a hollowed-out part of the ravine no one had seen was mysteriously there.

A glowing evergreen light reflected on its walls giving it an even more mysterious feel to it.

“Young Master, h-how did you know that there’s a cave here?” Avern asked. He was confused and unable to understand how Colt punched wall multiple times, and then from behind a thick wall, there was a cave with radiant light inside.

Colt finally turned to the sight to give a response, “I read it in a book.”

Colt didn’t try explaining anything because his words didn’t make sense in the first place. Without waiting for anyone to say anything, Colt entered the cave.

Sera tried to stop him. But she felt Avern’s hands on her shoulders.

“It’s okay. I can feel a lot of life inside that place. There is not a blemish of death aura inside. It should be safer than here. Let’s just follow the Young Master.”

They can do nothing to help Neun, and for some reason, as soon as the cave opened, the undead went into a frenzy! All of them tried rushing to the cave as they tried getting inside.

Neun, who was left outside, wanted to follow. But if he do that, there would be no one to protect them from a wave of the undead. So, he was forced to stay out.

"Tsk, Alpha, block the path of the cave. Make sure nothing enters."

"Got it."

Inside the cave, Colt continued walking. His steps remained constant, unfazed by anything he encounters or by any terrain.

While Aver, Sera, and Julius were all busy looking around, Colt only looks forward.

It was bright enough that he didn’t need a light, and the deeper he goes, the brighter it became.

That’s all good and all, but the more he heads deeper, the stronger the connection became. He can feel it, he can feel it, the one he’s looking for is in here.

After a minute of walking, Colt finally stopped. Everyone following him also stopped, and their jaws slacked.

They were surprised because, in front of them, there were two Altar.

On both altars, there was an item different from the other.

Colt looked at them, and he smiled.

“The Egg, hey Fluff, it seems like we found your sibling. We even found an extra treasure.”

On the right, there was a meter large egg. The Egg had purple lighting and crimson fire etchings on its round surface.

The ones behind Colt looked at him, confused and unable to say anything.

Avern and Sera simply stared dumbfounded at him. Both of them are waiting for an answer as to what’s happening.

Colt smiled at them wryly as he casually said, “Um, the egg is going to be my new Partner, and as for the other one, that’s the World Tree (World Tree).” Colt heard Julius strangely echo his words.

On the remaining altar, there was a capsule that's about the size of a basketball. Inside that capsule was a tree sapling. The tree has nine leaves. Every leaf was glistening with majesty. It was a breathtaking sight.

Colt, who heard Julius smiled as he raised his brows in surprise, “You’re pretty knowledgeable about…”

Colt couldn’t finish his words because another weird thing happened.

Julius had approached him behind, and as the child did so, Colt bled. Colt turned his head, as blood flowed from the corner of his mouth.

“…That’s…unexpected, kuhak!!”

Using just his now deformed nails, Julius stabbed Colt in the back.

Here's an early chapter

Also, I don't know how much I tried telegraphing the fact that Julius was someone suspicious but none commented so I supposed none of you expected this. Oh yeah, if you like the chapters, like it (or is it heart?)

164