108. A Mother (Part 3)
5.1k 19 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 In a damp and dimly lit room, Mina opened her eyes.

“Ack.”

A sharp pain assailed her head and belly. And that instantly raised the alarm on Mina’s mind.

Upon realization, Mina quickly healed her belly to ensure the safety of her child. She was in pain in some other places, but that didn’t matter.

She quickly searched for Filla, but she was nowhere to be found.

“Is this…a cave?”

She was behind bars that seemed to had been shabbily put together, just enough to keep her locked in.

Mina looked around, trying to find a path of escape.

“I need to look for Filla…” To the right of the cell, there was only a dead end. The path on the left was the only one she could take.

There was no guard, and Mina was not bound by anything. No chain or even a rope was seen present.

Mina was in a state of urgency and worry. She got up and circulated mana to her limbs. She clenched her fist and struck the steel bars, only to have her hand feel like she struck Mythril.

“Tch, what is this thing made of??” She was confused.

The steel bars weren’t perfectly arranged, but it appears that it was reinforced.

“Is it…Earth Magic?”

“Pim-Pom, you got that right!” coming from the left was the white-haired man that attacked her and her daughters. He wore a broad smile on his face, as he happily clapped for Mina’s discovery, “You know your stuff, huh, Miss Queen.”

Mina looked at him with worried eyes. She was not in the perfect state for combat, and she knows she can’t fight him head-on, but she’s not just going to let an opening go when she sees one. Thus, she was in a state of high-alert.

Mina did not answer nor even tried speaking to the white-haired man.

This caused the white-haired man to be saddened, “Aw, why are you acting like that…?” He took a step and opened the cell. He entered and stood before Mina, towering over her, he regained his smile, “Come on, why don’t you smile?”

A thick stench of blood arose from the white-haired man, inducing fear on Mina. She took a step back.

“Who the hell are you? Why are you doing this?”

“Oh, dearie, you finally took an interest in me. Well, considering your current position, I guess it is only the gentlemanly way to tell you my name, ahem.” He cleared his throat as he bowed with the most exaggerated forms as he presented himself, “Mine name is Olivier, I am an Apostle of the Goddess Light, or in my land, I am referred to as a Child of Light.”

“Apostle…? Child of Light?”

“That’s right! I am the savior, the one who will rid this world of impurity. And I, the Child of Light, will be at the forefront of eradicating the impure, freeing the world of its hideousness, and have the Goddess of Light descend from the realm of the Divine! But I am now too old to be called a Child, so refer to me as Apostle Olivier, okay, dearie?”

Mina stopped her movement. She looked at the man before her and felt an extreme sense of worry. An instinctive fear crept up to her. She backed away slowly, not realizing she cornered herself.

Olivier reached out to Mina’s hair. He played with it, as Mina looked at him with utter disgust, “Your hair is like the scales of the Mythical Beast of the Ocean. Ahhh, it is the same color as one of the previous Apostle’s Servants that devastated this land. How beautiful, I wonder, how beautiful would my child be if you give birth to them?”

Mina’s mind jolted as her anger spiked, “Get away from me! The only one who can touch me is my beloved!”

She screamed and swatted his hand away.

Olivier looked at his hand, laughed at Mina’s reaction, took her by the neck, and then pins her to the wall, “A feisty woman. I like that, I really...really like that.”

He leaned in to kiss Mina, only to have Mina’s anger rise even further. Her mana spiked, and her fingers became as hard as steel. Like a snake, Mina went to strike his eyes, only to be met by a hand.

Mina could see him drawing ever closer, and with that, her temperament exploded with a brilliant blaze, setting herself on fire without care.

“Crazy bitch! What do you think are you doing!?”

“GET AWAY FROM ME! DON’T TOUCH ME WITH YOUR FILTHY HANDS!”

Mina experienced excruciating pain. Her skin was burnt, but she focused her Healing Magic on her belly. 

Her hair, skin, and clothes and everything else were sacrificed to keep her “purity” from being tainted. It was painful, yes, but that pain was all the more worth it as Olivier jumped back.

With a thud, Mina fell. She was in horrible pain, and it was an ugly sight. Her beauty was ruined, but even then, she didn’t use Healing Magic on herself but focused on the child on she bore.

Olivier saw this, and his frown deepened. Never had he met someone like Mina. Her will was not towards the idea of her own survival, but for the life she kept in her stomach and maintaining her purity for the one she loved.

‘If I do anything wrong, then this bitch would rather die than let me touch her…interesting.’

An even more sadistic grin formed. He could no longer contain his desires, ‘Ah! This is the kind of woman that I adore.’

With the snap of a finger, Olivier simultaneously got Mina’s attention and called upon a guard to come.

The sound of heavy footsteps echoed in the cave. These steps accompanied Olivier’s words.

“You don’t want my touch, and you don’t want that kid on your stomach to die either. If that’s the case, then I’ll give you a nice deal.”

Olivier tossed Mina a hidden knife he had been keeping hidden in his sleeves. Then, simultaneously a black and white armor walked in the cell with Filla in his grasps.

The guard threw the unconscious Filla on the ground, and Olivier crouched and lifted Filla by the hair.

A white light appeared from Olivier’s hand. Slowly, Filla awoke, she blinked multiple times, and the first she recognized was Mina, “Ma…ma?”

“Kill her if you want to live.”

129