119. Nun
4.6k 11 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Make sure always to eat. You can’t lose yourself because you’re going away. One must always be aware of their health and retain themselves, okay?”

“Meowwww~.”

Fluff nodded its head as Lyra spoke her farewells. Colt bitterly watched this scene. He felt jealous of the cat who had stolen his little Sister away.

But what was worst was that Hylda and Filla were also with it, saying goodbye to the flabby cat.

“Fluff, take care, okay. I’m going to miss you.” Said the teary-eyed Hylda. Filla nodded her head by her side.

Fluff glanced over at Colt and sighed at the pitiful sight of its Partner. It turned its head towards the lasses and raised its right paw, “MYA!?” It’s going to be okay, it said.

“Don’t get too jealous, Darling. Fluff helped them overcome the stress of the past days; you should let them have this time. And they already said their goodbyes last night, so you shouldn’t pout like that.” 

“But still...” he was reluctant to agree.

Mina chuckled.

“Yeah, older brother, being too strict may cause more bad than good. You should be a little more lenient, so with that said, do you think you take back what you said last night?” Risa pleaded, but to no avail.

“Give up, go and train to become a Rank-5 Warrior before I return, else I’ll have Mother send you to the Magical Beast Forest. I heard the New King and the one with you are not in the most harmonious relationship. You’ve been slacking off for much these days, learn from Hylda and the little ones at least. Do you not feel shame that Hylda’s catching up on you?”

“Ngn, but I’m not as strong as you…” Risa grumbled.

Colt walked over to Risa and gently placed his hands on her head, “No, you’re stronger, and you also have a Dragon, the talent, but just a lot lazier. It would be impossible for you to be weak. I don’t know what kind of Gift you got but at least find a useable way to use it.”

“…Okay, but if I reach that level, you’re going to help me search for my second Soul Partner.”

“Deal, I’ll even help subdue the Regal Void Butterfly if you reach Rank-7 before I return.”

“Really?”

“Yes, yes, don’t worry. Now, just do it and stop worrying about so many things.” Colt watched as Risa punched the air. She was delighted.

Lazy, as she may be, Risa was like Colt in many ways. The fact was that she also loved strong and cool looking beasts. She wanted them to be intimidating to ensure that no one would mess with her even if she does not do anything.

In a way, she wanted something intimidating to become lazier.

‘I understand your sentiment that lazing around is the best way to live. But I can’t have General Risa Edgeworth sitting by the wayside.’

General Risa Edgeworth was how the spoilers referred to Risa, but Colt was unsure if those guys were trolling or not. Colt wanted Risa to become stronger so that she could protect the fief even if his presence was nowhere to be found.

Colt said his farewells to everyone.

The Count and Countess told Colt to be careful and said nothing more. They trusted him enough to know what to do.

With that said, Colt leaned in to kiss Mina.

“I’ll see you soon, Dear.”

“Yes, take care, Darling.” Mina affectionately said.

Colt walked over to the crowd around Fluff and picked up the cat around its nape, “Okay, you flabby cat, we’re going.”

Colt was still a little pissed, but as he begrudgingly picked up the cat, his two daughters hugged his legs and looked up at him, “Take care! Come back home, soon, okay, Papa!?” the two enthusiastically said.

Colt looked at them with a grin. He threw the fat cat on his shoulder and ruffled Hylda’s and Filla’s hairs.

Lyra saw this and also came running to Colt, giving him a big farewell hug, “Bye, bye, Older Brother! Take care!”

“Of course, of course, I will.”

Colt was grinning ear to ear. He could now see why Fathers act like they do when they see their children fawn over them, ‘I can even sympathize with Father and Father-in-Law. These three are very fun to spoil.’

“Okay, we’ll leave now.” Colt walked out of the Manor Front Gates. With him were two people, Sera, carrying their rations, and the other was Mary Courtgain silently eyeing Colt.

When Colt walked away, Mary Courtgain walked over to Mina and whispered, “I’m going to ask him tonight, cheer me on, okay?”

Mina looked at Mary with a simple smile. Tilting her head, Mina slowly nodded her head, “…Sure.”

Mary pumped her fist and said her farewells to Mina and the rest.

Colt noticed them and tilted his head, ‘How long has she been with us again?’ 

He had forgotten of M’s presence. M’s been relegated to a mere bodyguard. Colt had even placed Sera at a much higher status in terms of importance.

‘I forgot; she’s supposed to be a Main Character!’ Colt forgot. He felt a wave of a headache coming for him, ‘Well, at least Mina’s not bugging me about her…’ 

He glanced over at Mina as they left and saw her piercing eyes. He shook his head as he smiled, ‘I don’t even know what’s happening.’

Mina had been in a precarious position where she was a full-blown jealous yandere and a soft and warm mother slash wife. Colt found this situation harder to read than how she was in the past.

‘Well, who cares, she’s not a bad guy, so who cares?’ Colt rarely worried over anything other than his life, so Mary was far from being a troublesome villain; he couldn’t be bothered to add her to his thoughts.

He wouldn’t want to add another headache to his already long list.

After surviving the stares of his soon-to-be-wife, Colt left for real this time around. They left via carriage like always. It was the same old routine.

Everything was the same as always, he and Fluff fought, Sera was beside them taking care of documents, and Mary was busy playing her newly found friend the Chick.

All was the same, nothing changed. However, that changed when Colt decided to open the window for fresh air.

It was at this time that he caught a glimpse of a Dracian Fate Nun walking towards the city.

She was alone with no guard or escort in sight.

Almost immediately, Colt’s senses heightened. He had been very cautious of religious people. As of now, religious people in his eyes could either be really fucked up or very helpful. Colt didn’t want to take any chances.

“Fluff? What do you think?”

“She’s clear, I don’t feel anything strange. Her smell is more similar to the Sister back home than the maniac we met.”

The Dracian Fate Nun walked all the way to the Wing City, reaching it in a manner of minutes. She had a pleasant smile on her face, and she was met with the people without any sign of displeasure.

The Nun bowed her head to those who said pleasant things and prayed for those she saw doing something sinful acts. However, more often than not, the people would look at the lady with bewildered eyes.

The reason? Her eyes were covered by a yellow cloth. It was a mystery how she managed to see the world with it on.

The Nun weaved through the crowds. She paid no heed to their thoughts. She reached the foot of the Light Orphanage, and when Sister Mary, who was busily tidying up the front entrance of the Church, saw the smiling Nun coming her way, she immediately rubbed her temples and released a deep sigh.

The Nun reached Sister Mary.

With her smile still ever-present, she respectfully bowed before Sister Mary, “I offer my everlasting Fate to the Saintes Mary Poniff.”

Sister Mary looked before the faithful Nun. She could feel her genuine fate, and as Sister Mary smiled, she placed her hand on top of her short sword’s pommel, and a flash of green light exploded to the scene.

The blindfolded Nun suddenly jumped back without reason.

With bulging veins appearing on her temples, Sister Mary glared at the blindfolded Nun, “Call me that again, and I’ll be sure to cut your tongue. Did you forget who took your eyes? Fer.”

As a light breeze flew past the area, the nun's blindfold was cut and drifted down, showing an aged horizontal scar across both eyes.

Fer smiled, and with her pleasant voice, she spoke once more, “I apologize, let me rephrase my words. I greet Mary Freyja, the Queen of the Valkyries.”

134