138. I want a happy Ending
4k 7 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Colt had just encountered a potential yandere who would do everything to protect his brother...it was disturbing, and Colt wanted to sleep his mind out of this misery.

However, his ears felt like it was being grated as he heard the haughty laughter of the Chick!

"Chi-hi-hi-hi, tell me, tell me who I am, tell me of my greatness!"

"Hail the Great Chick, the one who wields unfathomable power of lighting!" The Elven Leader Yrva made Colt's jaw go slack.

He was tempted to smack Yrva but feared being electrocuted to death. But he didn't have the patience to deal with all this. But in the end, Colt could only sigh at his fate.

"Yrva?"

"HUH!? YOUNG MASTER!? When did you come in!? Did you see anything just now!?"

Colt knew Yrva as someone calm, collected, and stoic. Also, if he was here, then that would mean he was alive and well. However, Yrva now felt like living was more of hell after being seen in such a situation.

Colt, however, couldn't care for much, "Don't worry about it, I've seen something weirder than what you're doing."

"R-really?"

"I've been backstabbed by a cat person that prostrates before that flabby cat, so I don't really think seeing you praise this Chick is that weird. So, if you're here before me, does this mean you managed to solidify your position as the Genesis Family Head?"

"Ahem, yes, that's right." Yrva nodded his head and threw a golden sphere at Colt.

Colt looked at the sphere. The golden sphere was radiating with power, and as Colt looked at Yrva, he smiled as he laughed, "I didn't think you'd actually gift it to me… let's see."

Colt was unsure of what he was about to do, so he shot Fluff an inquiring gaze. Fluff sighed, and through its eyes, it asked its human partner, "This will hurt a lot. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Will I die?" Colt didn't give it much thought, and Fluff shook its head, "Do it then."

Fluff meowed, and the Dragon Pearl radiated a magnificent light. As he held onto the Dragon Pearl on his right hand, the pearl slowly entered his palms.

His veins protruded, and Colt felt a tremendous amount of pain. He gritted his pain. He groaned but didn't scream. Having his body destroyed in the fight with Horus was far more painful than this.

The Pearl embedded itself in Colt's body then turned into a golden tattoo. The tattoo was not a simple Golden Circle; it was more of a Dragonic Eye that radiated with power.

Fluff hopped o Colt's lap and began its explanation through its feline language, "Nyan, Mya, Mew, MeW, Mya…"

[Translations: This Dragon Pearl was used against me, normally I wouldn't want to get associated with it, and keep away from it like that Chick there, but I don't really care about the past. I hold a few grudges against my sister, but nothing else. This Dragon Pearl would be useful for increasing your strength. It would be a massive boost.]

Fluff's words…were not shocking in the slightest. He was no idiot. He knew this cat was not ordinary.

Colt makes stupid decisions that endangered his life in more ways than one. However, he was not that stupid to the point he would fail to see such a secret.

If the question as to why he kept treating the Chick and Fluff in the manner he had been to now, it was mostly because he didn't really care what they truly were.

It would be weirder for him to not see through them. But the question should be, why had no one said anything? The answer was also simple…no one really bothered to explain, and Colt didn't want to ask.

Fluff just liked to eat and keep its mouth shut as to not incur any bad luck and get wrap into messy things. The only mess it wanted to get into was lasagna and stew. The children had told Colt of how Fluff dove into the stew before.

'I need to see that.'

As for the Chick, it didn't like talking about the past and was always getting kidnapped by Fluff to be roasted so Colt's interaction with it was rather thin.

In short, the three of them had a tacit agreement to not broach this subject.

The human was already putting himself in so much danger, they might just die if they speak of it to him…they know how much of a sucker Colt was into helping others, after all.

The Dragon Pearl had now been imbedded on Colt's right palm. He put both palms side by side and raised his brows before whistling in pure amusement, "That's rather cool....hey Fluff, check this out."

Colt just had to show it off to Fluff, and as for the cat's verdict? "Meow-Meow" it was so-so. The Chick also looked at the marks and judged it as 50-50. The two were not impressed.

However, unlike the cat and the Chick, Yrva was slacked jawed, "A-as expected of the one who controlled the Great Chick. For you to assimilate the Dragon pearl in such a small amount of time, I am amazed."

Colt waved his hand as he asked, "Why are you calling the Chick Great anyway?"

"Huh, Young Master Colt, please don't call the Great Chick in such a tone, you may be its master, but it may get angered and leave you. And to answer your question, it helped me assimilate the Mystical Treasure of Astrape. It helped control the Lightning, and I managed to tame it with so little effort."

Yrva pulled his clothes to the side and showed a purple lightning mark on tattooed on his chest.

"This is the first time I've met someone who has a Mystical Treasure tattooed in them like myself."

"This is also a first for me, mostly because no one could control the Dragon Pearl in my clan, and the Lightning Orb of Astrape is hidden away to the far North East. I cannot thank you enough for helping me with it. I also managed to avenge my parents' death, thanks to your help."

"I did nothing other than providing information. Have you managed to settle the Genesis Family's inner workings? Have you assigned the Elders and the Grand Elder?"

"I have, but I kept the Grand Elder position empty. I plan to give that position to my older sister…but, I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore."

Colt raised his brows as he saw Yrva show a melancholic expression.

"You, have already given her a home to stay in, and she wants to create a family with Jin. I don't want to steal that away from her, I…can't steal away the freedom she gained she so wished desired for so long."

Yrva was the younger brother of Vyra. In the novel, he was the hero who had everything robbed away from him.

He had no parents, and his life was being threatened by the voracious Elders who wanted to kill him and usurp his position.

He had a family remaining alive, but she had already gone insane after her child, and beloved was murdered. She swore revenge and killed the Elders, and her people, killing everyone and was only stopped by Yrva.

In the combat, Yrva help in killing his remaining family. He managed to solidify his position as the head, but the guilt of killing his sister remained.

In the original timeline, he murdered his Vyra, who had been protecting him and the guilt ate at his mind. Now, Vyra and Yrva were both alive, but they were separated by a massive fissure.

One led the life of normalcy, while the other lived the life of blood and vengeance.

Colt was in the forefront of their story, watching them live differently than before.

"Have you met with Vyra yet?"

"I…I have not. I am afraid she would be too disgusted to see a brother who is drenched in the blood of his kin."

"Sir Yrva, what you have done is not something you should be ashamed of, for what you have done uprooted the evil within your clan, thereby saving Vyra from a horrible fate."

"…"

"Why don't you stay for the night and meet with her tomorrow. She must be wanting to see you all this time; after all, you are still Vyra's younger brother."

Now that he was on the verge of witnessing the sibling's ending.

And he did not want to see a sad ending. He could stir them to a better future, so why not try to intervene once more?

Yrva decided to stay, and Colt had Butler Go prepare him a room.

'I want to see a happy ending.'

Oh, how Colt loved happy endings. Thus, he slept while this was in his mind.

117