148. Friendship
3.5k 11 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julius quickly put his mother to bed. He then brought out a flower from his inner pockets and handed it over to his second brother Reis, “I managed to get this month’s Purple Tear Flower from Elders; please, use this to make this month’s medicine.”

“Yes, brother.”

In terms of age, Julius was the youngest, but he was the most respected. He was the one who took the seventy-five percent of the mission quotas for them to get a monthly Purple Tear Flower.

The affliction given to Lea was like a parasitic disease implanted in her very mind. It was known as the Black Fraction. 

It creates a void that erases someone’s existence in a person’s mind. This void would slowly eat away the infected senses and activate the start of bodily corrosion; if not for the Purple Tear Flower given once a month, Lea would have already died the next day.

Julius undertakes mission after mission to appease the Elders and give him a Purple Tear Flower. However, he had blundered once when he found a way to finally heal his mother.

He abandoned his mission of observing Colt Edgeworth to get the stalk of the World Tree. Because of this, he stabbed a man in the back and even tried killing him for his own ends. Julius already knows he had stepped to the point of no return. He…was disgusted with himself.

As Julius left the room to his siblings, he exited the mansion and went to the back garden where a maiden in white awaited his arrival. 

Krisa saw his figure, and a smile blossomed on her beautiful visage, “You’ve arrived, Young Master Julius.”

“Apostle Krisa, please do not refer to me as such…I am no longer a part of the Phantasmagoria Household.”

Krisa didn’t say anything and simply turned to a red, crystal like flower blooming around the garden. The wonderful aroma of the Crystalline Flowers wafted over to her, giving her a slight peace of mind.

“It is always such a pleasure to wander in this place.” 

Julius walked towards Krisa’s side and sat by her side. He looked at the flower as he held a melancholic expression; these flowers were planted by the previous Head as a gift to Lea. Julius could still remember those beautiful times.

“Your expression tells me that you’re sad once again…is it about Miss Lea?” Krisa received no answer, but from Julius’ expression, she could tell she hit the mark, “I could ask the Phantasmagoria for some more Purple Tear Flower for the Miss’s treatment…”

“Thank you…if you do that, the Main Family will only make it appear that we are trying to use your standing. They will try and get rid of us if we do that.”

“I-I will not allow such…” Krisa wanted to argue, but Julius’ melancholic gaze stopped her from speaking of anything else.

“Apostle Krisa, you are so kind. You want to help a scum like myself, even possibly free me of this fate. It appears failing my mission had given me quite the nice gift.” 

Julius met Krisa by chance. He met her when he was on his back from failing his mission. Later, Julius would learn that Krisa had received the Goddess Light’s gift and was visiting the Phantasmagoria to ask them for cooperation.

Julius knows the spread of the Red Vein Disease was done by Krisa and her friend. He knows because the Phantasmagoria territory was spared of the Red Vein Disease. After all, they made a deal with the people from the East.

Julius did not know the deal’s contents, but from what he knows, it had something to do with the missing Mythical Weapon of the family. 

From there, the two of them met more than once and exchanged pleasantries. A friendship between the two was born. 

Julius and Krisa locked eyes for a good while. It was Julius who broke free their connection as he asked, “I reckoned you are here to alleviate your mind?”

“…yes please.”

Krisa laid her head down on Julius’ lap. Julius then began using his Prana and delved into the mind of Krisa.  

“Do you have anything you want to see, Apostle Krisa?” Julius as while he prepared a world for the lady on his lap.

“I…I wish to see it again…that time when my family was still complete. A time when we did not have to sacrifice so much to defeat evil.”

“…I hear your words…”

Illusionists are people who draw out images from the mind. They use Prana to fool those around them so they could kill them without much thought…that’s the current view on Illusionists.

However, Julius was taught differently by his father and mother.

‘Illusions was the gift given to the world by the Goddess Darkness. She gave us this power and make us the helpers of the grieving ones. We are the ones who provide solace people to people from their own sufferings. We are people of goodwill. Our Goddess may dwell in Darkness, but just like how light is brighter in the dark. We, the ones who traverse it, are the guide that will lead them out. 

‘Goddess Darkness is our guide out of her Darkness…she wants nothing but for us to join the sister she so loves…Goddess Light.’

Julius kept this thought alive but only was he able to help use this Gift of the Goddess Darkness. Even if every illusionist loses its path, thanks to Krisa, Julius would be able to find his way to his origin.

Julius was very well aware of the crimes Krisa had done, but he also knows of the pain she had to endure to do what she had done. Julius helped her enter the depths of her psyche.

Krisa found herself in a different place. She was having dinner with seven other people. 

Ther, Olivier fighting with Horus, the Prince, and the rest of her family eating.

The Prince had an unfazed expression on his face as he warned Olivier and Horus. 

Krisa was an Orphan, just like the other six people. Everyone in that place was her family, including the Prince, their patron and oldest brother. 

As the Prince noticed Krisa staring, he asked, “Is something the matter, Krisa?”

“N-nothing, Prince Fjord…I was simply in a daze.”

“…eat, we have more lessons to attend later today.”

“Yes!” 

She ate while staring at the joyous expression of her family…

Krisa continued eating, and for some reason, she cried as she ate, for she understood that she was beginning to change. 

She was beginning to become violent, and her conscience was slowly drifting. 

Krisa’s physical body trembled at the thought of losing herself without her even noticing, “I…I’m scared…help me…”

Apostles or not…they were still people who had a heart and a mind. She...was scared of herself.

89