155. Sovereign (Part 2)
3.2k 10 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Demon Class Magical Monsters are beings of Mass Destruction. They could raze an entire city on their own without so much as breaking a sweat.

The Purifying White Dragon, Drako, roared as it saw its rival. It gathered its strength and let out a full-powered fire breath.

When the fire finally came out, the Gargantusk raised its hands, which glowed a dark yellow. It hammered the ground and created a wall of earth and wood.

The fire was blocked, and a ball of raging flame headed towards Mary and Risa!

“Dammit!” Colt saw the escaping fire, and immediately, his eyes dilated, “Mary, Risa, both of you, run! I’ll cover you!”

“But my Lord!” Mary, who was prepared to take on the fire, wanted to argue, but Colt’s voice defeated her!

“Do not question me! Go and take my sister out of here! This is an order from your Lord!” Colt’s voice carried weight like never before.

He knew that no one would survive this wave of flames if they took the full brunt of it. Mary was reluctant, but she knew she would be nothing but dead weight. She bit her lips, unable to contain her emotions and disappointment about her uselessness.

“Young Miss Risa, we’re going to leave now.”

Risa, who was standing by Mary’s side, was dazed. She looked at the white flames of her Soul Partner and froze. She couldn’t believe that it didn’t care if she would be caught in the fight.

But what’s more, was that Colt decided to stay behind to cover for them. She looked at Colt and then at Mary to ask, “W-we must leave with brother! H-he’s in danger! Get him out of there!”

Mary, however, did not listen to Risa. Instead, she ducked down and lifted her legs, “Please, leave this to my Lord.”

“W-what are you doing!? Why are you leaving my brother behind!?” Risa questioned but received no answer. She only saw blood flying away as Mary bit her lips with too great of a force. The one who didn’t want to leave the most was the Knight who swore to protect his Lord.

She was upset and disgraced, ‘Dammit!’ she was useless when needed…that was Mary Courtgain.

Colt watched the fire moving towards them and quickly wielded the Ocean’s Black Heart and used one of the Heavenly Water Sword’s Ultimate Techniques.

Colt jumped up, and as his toes touched the boiling lake, his sword moved and rose from beneath. Afterimages trailed its path as Colt drew out everything he could from his aura and the Dragon Pearl.

It didn’t matter if it had accuracy or not, but what mattered as drawing out the water from the lake, “Cutting Wave!”

A giant wave of boiling water appeared as Colt controlled the flow of the lake. Most of Drako’s flames were extinguished, but some remained!

Colt saw this and quickly chained his movement. The rising tide of water began to flow heavier. Colt’s sword grow ever so sharp and ever so uncontrollable the more he lost power; he cut into a straight line and caused the boiling lake to make a water pilar!

Geyser!” he roared.

‘…now I know why they scream out their techniques…’ he silently whispered to himself. Screaming the names of one’s technique could apparently make one forget the severity of the situation and face it head-on. Colt managed to draw out courage he never knew he had.

The fire was finally extinguished, and Colt grew tired and almost devoid of strength. But as he was just about to crash down on the land, his moves became flowing, he managed to stick the landing without mistake.

“This is better.” He was now weaker, but Colt found it easier to move now that most of his strength left him.

As he confirmed his movement, Colt was just about to escape when…

BOOM!

The land ten meters ahead of him, the Gargantusk pinned down Drako and clutched onto its neck. When Colt saw this, he froze.

Not from fear, but from two different desires rousing from his depths. His right hand screamed at the sight of a Dragon being pinned down. The Dragon within him, which he didn’t know existed, was calling to help its brethren.

Then, there was Colt’s survival instinct, telling him to escape this place and survive. His instincts won, and quickly, his figure disappeared while the area turned into a massive shit show.

“I don’t care what you want… I’m going to leave this place alive.”

BooM!

Drako gathered fire and breathed directly into the Gargantusk’s face. The Gargantusk was in pain, and as it flinched, Drako took the opportunity to claw through its body.

The body of the Gargantusk was covered with carapace; however, some places didn’t; namely, the neck, the joints, some parts of the abdomen, and the other.

Drako held onto its neck tightly and managed to pierce through its tough hide. While doing so, it breathed out fire directly to its face trying to destroy its head.

GRAAAAAAA!!!

The Gargantusk was in massive pain.

Drako wanted to finish this sooner; however, this was what the Gargantusk was waiting for. Its green colored fur and body changed.

Colt didn’t know of this fact, but the reason why Drako wanted to quickly finish off the Gargantusk was that it was a beast of destruction and chaos. The more it got damaged, the more dangerous it became.

The Gargantusk changed into a deep color of red. Like a berserker, its power would increase the more it got damaged, and this power was called [Beast of Annihilation].

Beast of Annihilation lasted for ten minutes. However, that’s enough to end this fight.

The Gargantusk grabbed Drako’s claws and broke its wrist and arm before using its head to headbutt its rival.

Drako was in pain, and its fire stopped. While Drako was slowly losing strength. The Gargantusk grabbed Drako’s neck, then lifted it and smashed it on the ground.

Drako roared in pain; however, it could not fight back against the beast. It tried biting, only to be met with hardened muscle.

“You savage!”

Drako used its hind legs and kicked the Gargantusk away. The Gargantusk staggered, and Drako then used its most potent skill. It drew out every ounce of its power and called upon the Zara of the world, and even its original bloodline was used.

Its neck expanded as power flowed through it, and then as it reached its peak, it roared, “Burn and perish! Do not cause any more destruction, you bastard! [Purifying Breath]!”

A beam of white fire flew across the sky. The force of this beam was so strong that Colt, who was hundreds of meters away, felt the pressure it carried and was blown away.

The Gargantusk saw this and didn’t move away. Its roar echoed throughout the area and met it head-on. It covered its head and body with its armored arms then tanked the beam; the more it tanked the damage, the more its skin grew darker. Before long, it turned completely black.

Then, a blinding light caused Colt to lose his sight, and when it returned, he saw the Gargantusk missing its right arm. It was bleeding profusely. It should be dead by now; however, it still stood and was more powerful than ever before.

ROARRRRRR!

Drako now had little to no strength. It fell to the ground and watched the Gargantusk sped towards Drako.

The Dragon wanted to fight back. It tried biting its enemy but was swatted away. The Gargantusk indiscriminately grabbed onto Drako’s wings and then—

Shriskkk!

One of its wings was ripped apart. Untold pain assailed Drako; its body, now devoid of strength, failed to gather power to fight.

The Dragon no longer posed any kind of threat. It was ignored.

The Gargantusk then looked around and saw a group of running humans.

It saw new prey and left Drako alone, a move that didn’t make any sense. It was as if it had no mind and was only abiding by its instincts.

The Gargantusk may be the beast who causes untold destruction, but it was a Magical Beast; nonetheless, it still had a thinking mind, or so it should have.

However, this Gargantusk actually only acted on instinct. The moment it saw a live human, it had the urge to destroy them.

The Gargantusk jumped high up in the air and quickly attempted to crush these humans.

Colt saw the Gargantusk’s aim and screamed, “RISA!” it was the older brother screaming!

He wanted to stop the Gargantusk but had nothing he could do. Colt watched as the Gargantusk was about to crush his sister.

Risa, however, looked at this and cried aloud, “DRAKO!” and with her cries, a weak roar echoed!

“You dare!? You beast!? You dare touch my benefactor!?”

Drako used its life energy to kick the ground to send its battered body towards the Gargantusk. It bit down on its neck and dragged it away from Risa.

It was already using its last remaining life energy to move. Drako’s voice then echoed once more, “Risa, with this, I owe you nothing!”

Drako was bleeding out and was on edge when Risa found him. He was in his miniature form and was extremely vulnerable. At that time, Drako lunged at Risa and bit her right shoulder. He planned on devouring her to regain some strength when he suddenly lost power.

However, Drako, who was too injured with its previous fight with the Gargantusk, suddenly lost all strength. Risa could have killed him in retaliation; instead, Risa asked him, “You look strong, want to come with me?”

She had a smile when she asked him that. That was the first time Drako saw its Soul Partner.

He already knew that at that time, he already accepted that Risa would be its Soul Partner but claimed that it was merely using her to recuperate his strength.

It used Risa and brought her to this place to reclaim its throne from the raging Gargantusk. It endangered its Soul Partner; it thought Risa did not matter. However, the moment it saw Risa was about to die, its body felt like electricity coursed through its body.

It flew out and gained enough strength to save its Soul Partner…it was happy that it was able to at least act like a reliable partner.

The Dragon gave one last roar. It was pitiful and devoid of any semblance of the strength it used to have. It was a façade, a guise to scare the Gargantusk and let Risa escape.

And from what Drako observed, it was working because the Gargantusk was frozen in place…however, it was wrong.

The Gargantusk didn’t freeze because of its presence. It froze because of something more terrifying, something so alarming that the instinctual fear it had broke the bindings in its mind.

Drako saw its trembling body, and he too began to see why it was so afraid. The Gargantusk turned around, and Drako followed its gaze.

There, it saw three beings. Three beings that made the raging Gargantusk shake in fear.

From where Colt was standing, a tiny little Chick devoured an evergreen leaf. The power of the World Tree’s leaf flowed in the Chick’s body.

The World Tree was made to match the vitality of the Immortal Myth…however, before it was an artifact and was referred to as such, it had a different name, Yggdrasil, the nest of Sovereign of the Skies.

As the Chick hopped off Colt’s shoulder, it then grew more prominent by the second. It was trembling as it matured with every passing second…its eyes turned a mix of purple and crimson, and the temperature around the area burned.

Colt’s blood was burning, and an inexplicable red tattoo appeared on his back. Zara Manifestation was beginning despite not having the capabilities.

This should not happen; however, the Chick and Colt already shared blood with him. Colt’s blood was already that of something different from a human’s the moment he and the Chick became one.

Their connection was stronger than any Magical Beast.

Colt was undergoing mutation without any training.

It was painful, but…Colt didn’t say anything, so Fluff spoke in his stead…

“Keep your strength at a bare minimum. You have ten seconds to finish this…Sovereign of the Skies. Colt will die if you take any longer.”

“Yes…” An elegant yet powerful voice reached the ears of the soldiers, Mary, and Risa.

The Chick soared through the skies, and as its body reached 30 meters in size, the skies had already darkened.

The Chick grew another pair of wings, and its tiny claws became talons bigger than Colt.

The Chick then screeched, and a fire tornado appeared from below the Gargantusk.

The Fire Tornado enveloped the Gargantusk, and its pained roar echoed throughout. It wanted to retaliate, but just as it was about to move, a serpent made of lightning descended from the skies.

The serpent devoured the Gargantusk and, the Chick then whispered, “You who suffered the control of the curse of Light shall now be free!”

BOOM!

A meter-thick lightning bolt descended from the skies.

Exactly 10 seconds later, the Gargantusk…was pulverized. In exchange…a lead of the World Tree was sacrificed, and Colt coughing litters of blood.

Every Aviary Beast at a one-kilometer radius bowed before the Sovereign.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The screech that pierces the heavens and reaches the Celestial World echoed once more.

82