158. Betrayed
3.1k 9 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Do you have any plan with Fer? Personally, I want her out of here as fast as possible. I’ve never liked having other members of the Fate entering my area…” Sister Mary said as she finished the fruit she had in her hands.

Colt, stretched his body and then yawned, “I’ll do nothing. It’s not like I can just tell her to scram out of here. If I was to have her return to the Church, then we’d be swamp with problems.”

“That’s also right.”

Sister Mary nodded her head. That was the exact reason why she had been stopping the messengers Fer had been secretly sending these past few days. She knew it would spring to misunderstandings, but she chose to do it still.

“Well, I just want to have my wedding without much fuss. Talking about that, Sister Mary, can I ask you to Officiate my marriage, there is no proper priest here.”

Sister Mary waved her hand, “Mina already talked me; I’ll do it even if you didn’t talk to me about anything.”

“Is that so? I didn’t think you’d accept. I was prepared to try and convince you for a while.”

“I’m quite the charitable person, I can’t deny someone’s request if it doesn’t end in anyone’s death…well, you’re good enough to move now, it is almost dinner, I am going to prepare the children’s dinner.” Sister Mary said before standing up after and leaving without saying anything. As she stepped out of the room, a deep sigh escaped her.

‘No death, principle, huh…I already broke that principle though.’

Sister Mary walked away, leaving Colt and Fluff inside the room. Fluff was still eating, but soon, it turned to him and meowed.

Colt raised brows and shook his head, “Don’t force yourself to explain it to me. I saw your expression when you watched the Gargantusk’s death…you may have not suffered an injury, but you’re in a far worst situation than I.”

When Colt, the Chick, and Fluff decided to exterminate the Gargantusk, Fluff was hesitant. For the flabby cat, killing a beast is hard to see, but it was not foreign to the idea. However, there was one thing Fluff did not like, and that was the white eyes of the Gargantusk.

With difficulty, Colt finally got off the bed. He looked around the room and finally got to see the place he was in. Inside the room, there was not a lot of things. There was a hanging pair of black and white wings on one side of the wall, a study table that had different papers.

“This must be Sister Mary’s room…”

With how simplistic the lifestyle of Sister Mary, the room he was in could only be hers.

After picking up the still sleeping Chick, Colt exited. The pain was now almost insignificant.

“But still, I managed to heal this quickly without a healer? Hmm, my healing factor really is no joke. Hehe, maybe it’ll reach a point where I’ll be able to regrow an arm in the future if it ever gets cut off.”

“Meow.”

“…Oh, so it was one of the eight bottles of Healing Water we left here…good to know.”

Someone had to take him back to reality, and Fluff took it upon himself to do it. The actual reason why he could move now was because of the healing waters he made back when Mina was kidnapped.

After the accident, there were a total of 78 vials that remained.

It managed to heal most of Colt’s external cuts, and even alleviate pain. However, that does not mean he couldn’t feel the pain. No, they were there, without a doubt and it was making feel uncomfortable.

However, that was simply how things were at the moment, he had to live with it for a couple, “I just wish this thing disappears just before Hylda’s birthday…I think I’ll have to break the news to her that I failed her…this is going to be awkward. My plan’s a bust now.”

Colt walked out of the room with a sad expression. As he walked down a hallway leading out of the chamber he was in, he asked something, “Hey, Fluff, do you have any idea what to tell Mina? I don’t want to worry her, and I don’t have a single excuse…”

“Meow…”

“Tell her the truth? I just told you, I don’t want to worry her. She’s really about my wellbeing…hmm? What’s that? She can take both our heads? Well, that’s where you are wrong. Mina had changed, she’s not that gung-ho about killing us anymore…well, she might tie us outside for punishment, but that’s the end of it…she might starve you though.”

“Nyaaaa…”

“You’ll be fine, you say? What gives you that confidence? Remember, you may not have been the one to suggest the idea…but you still came with us without a problem. Mina can use that against you.”

Colt heading off to the Magical Beast Forest was not something he asked for anyone’s permission. If he did, then he wouldn’t have been allowed to go. But, thanks to the masterful persuasion of the Chick, it was decided without much thought.

Fluff was fearful of Mina, it should be trembling and trying to come up with excuses by now…however, it wasn’t in the slightest bit.

‘This is weird. How can this cat be so calm?’ Colt couldn’t put his finger on the fact why this cat was acting so confident that it would not experience any kind of punishment.

Well, Colt should be able to escape their wrath somehow. He did tell Risa to bring him here if something was to happen. He didn’t want to worry about them.

‘I should be able to concoct a good excuse on the way back…but, should I just tell the truth> Yeah, let’s just do that…but I should omit some of the dangerous parts.’

While in deep thought, Colt reached the entrance where he heard a joyous voice and was tackled for a hug.

“Papa Sparkly!”

It was Hylda, who had just hugged Colt.

Hylda was acting like the unrestrained her when she still lived in the Light Orphanage. She was very much uncontained, and her body was filled with energy that she even slipped Colt’s previous nickname with how she refers to him now.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank youuuuu! I didn’t you’d actually do it, and what’s more, it’s even better than what I asked for! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank youuuuu!”

Colt had no idea what was happening, but he quickly moved his eyes to gather information. He was then smacked by Fluff and had his head turned to the side where his expression became as white as paper…

‘Oh my.’

It was… currently night time and a horse with a blazing white mane were standing under a tree being adored by the children, including Filla and Lyra. It was the Infernal Umbra Pegasus and for some reason…it was acting docile as if it had been tamed for years.

That would have made him surprised enough…however, his heart almost stopped as he saw Mina quietly looked at him with a smile. She was seated together with Risa, who was also trembling. But Mina was not the reason for Risa’s fear as Faerith was also present.

Mina was seated on a chair as she pleasantly watched the children and then turned to Colt.

“Hello Darling, did your talk with Sister Mary ended? That was a long nap you took? Why have you gone here directly to keep the Pegasus here? Did you really want to surprise Hylda that much? You should have told me about it, we were going to have tea here today, after all, and we managed to chance upon this Pegasus, Risa, and Mary. Too bad you were napping for training too much. I went to check on you earlier, but I chose not to wake you up as I wanted you to have the best rest you could have.”

Colt, at first had no idea what Mina was talking about when he picked up the vibe and then chortled, “Hahaha, of course, of course…”

Mina did not want to worry about the present children. She didn’t wish for Hylda to feel guilty of having Colt be so injured just to fulfil her wishes.

‘Sister Mary and Sister Fer must have said nothing because they were asked to keep silent of this.’ Colt reckoned Mina asked them to keep their mouth shut.

With that note, Colt heard Fluff whisper something, “Nyaaaa, [You should’ve noticed something was wrong when your clothes were inexplicably cleaned.]“

Upon listening to Fluff…Colt came to a sudden realization.

‘Fluff should have been awake throughout…then it should have known what was going on and that Mina and the rest were present. It couldn’t have…’

Colt turned to Fluff only to see it hop down his shoulders and then go to Mina’s side where it evaded Colt’s eyes.

This was the reason why Fluff had no fear of receiving Mina’s wrath, and at that very moment, Colt understood everything.

He was once again betrayed by another cat.

“You bastard.”

83