163. Marriage
3.2k 12 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Wing City, there was only one Church. It was called the Light Orphanage, but it housed the three goddesses inside like any other church.

It was not a big place but not small either. It was an adequately sized place that could house at least a hundred people within.

It was usually empty, and only the rowdy kids and the Edgeworth Manor people went there to have tea. It was more a hangout than anything else.

The inside of the Church was warmer than out, but one of the people inside was shaking.

Colt was currently inside the Church not to demand anything from the Goddesses or even chat with them. He was simply there, seated on a chair with his head down and hands clasped together. He was trembling, not from the temperature but from anxiousness.

With his run back hair, complexly black theme attire that his Father prepared.

By his side was Fluff, who was also dressed for the event…it wore a black bowtie and was by Colt’s side slapping the Chick awake!

“NYAAAA!” Its feline voice echoed inside the Church as it tried its best to wake up its waste of a sibling. Fluff calculated that the little shit should have already woken up by this time, but it appears that the calculation was going to be wrong—it didn’t want such a thing to happen, thus the current situation.

PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAH! PAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Every slap resounded inside the Church, and finally, as the 420th slap echoed, the Chick woke up with swollen cheeks. It was still wobbly but managed to look around. It saw Fluff and gave the flabby cat a hug.

It then looked around. It saw people it recognized and some that it didn’t.

“What’s happening?” It asked with a shaky voice, then, “Mothers…” it shouted as it turned to the front and saw the three statues of the three Goddesses. It processed the situation and what was happening and then backed away quickly, “Mothers!?!?!?!?”

It lost control and then fell from the chair. Its purple body rolled around as it heard Fluff speak, “Meow!”

“The Church? I thought brother didn’t want to go here? You said you were still feeling guil—ack!” Its words stopped as Fluff landed on its body to make it shut its mouth.

“Nyaaaa!” Fluff didn’t really mind entering as long as it didn’t get called by the three…it would be an awkward reunion, to say the least.

Thankfully the Goddesses didn’t act like an idiot and pulled the rebellious cat in their domain.

As Fluff got off the Chick and then threw it beside Colt, it stretched its body and then licked its "face slapping paws" went down the chair to get the food it had snuck in the Church.

It didn’t know, but the Goddesses were drooling over its cat food.

Fluff threw the Chick some food to replenish its strength, and then while eating, the newly awaked pet looked over at Colt to ask, “What’s happening? Did he finally cheat on Mina and is about to die?”

“Nya!”

“Marriage!? Oh, so that’s why you woke me up, that’s for that, brother.”

“Meow…” it was no problem for the great cat.

There once was a Myth that spoke about the Sovereign of the Skies as a bestower of love. It was once said that if its presence was there when a couple kisses or gets married, then that couple would be bound for as long as the skies remained.

The Legend was, of course, but a mere Legend, but the Sovereign of the Skies had always loved snooping around Mortal Relations as it was interested in the concept of a life long vow. Because for the Sovereign, a life long vow is nothing but the very present.

As it regained its strength after eating, the Chick finally turned to Fluff to ask, “Why is your Gift so weak? It’s weaker than it should be.”

“Meow, nyaaa, nay, meow!”

“He asked for it? Oh, so that’s why he’s acting like a chicken now.”

Colt’s mind, at the moment, was in a state of panic. He was so tense that he failed to even register the shadow cast upon him. So, he took the full might of the Father Chop of Count Shickly directly to his head.

“OW!”

Colt felt every fiber of his being woke up as Count Shickly snuck up on his and shook his brain. Colt raised his head and saw Count Shickly with a smile, “Why are you shaking so much? It’s your big day, be excited, smile, because if you don’t, then Liron really will destroy you.”

A smile finally blossomed from Colt’s tense visage. He looked up to see Shickly and nodded at him, “Thank you, Father.” He said as his heart finally settled.

As Colt finally regained himself, the people that came to his wedding, those who received the invitation at least, approached Colt one by one.

“Young Master!” all their calls started with such words.

There were not that many people present. However, it was at least everyone Colt had met since coming to this world.

There was Gilbert, Butler Go, Neun, Yrva, who arrived three days earlier, Jin, who appeared yesterday, Arte, Avern who got the invitation and appeared today, and even Ferald. But the biggest name of them all was the Crown Prince Feriar, who was quietly chatting along with Ferald, one of the Greatest Blacksmith of the Dwarves and was now the Edgeworth Family’s official family Smith.

Feriar had already congratulated Colt earlier when he was in his anxious state. That was enough for the two of them. But to be fair, the Colt was actually the closes friend of the Crown Prince… the oldest of the Royals had led quite a sad life.

Duke Courtgain planned to go but was asked to fill Liron’s shoes on doing what the Marquis was doing. Liron didn’t take no for an answer when asked to stand down on the day of his daughter’s marriage, so this happened.

No other Duke was invited as the Edgeworths, and the Veras wanted to make this a happy occasion, not something deceitful with fake smiles. They would offend them, but who cares? They offended everyone a long time ago.

As for the King, he was currently ruling Kingdom still recovering. He was well enough to have a walk around, but not enough to travel. It was a shame, but he could only send a letter stating his congratulations.

There were no women present, and only the males were waiting in the Church. Even Sister Mary was nowhere to be found.

This was the tradition most of the people, other than the Elves and Dwarves, follow. Only when the bride is ready would the men be able to see the women. It had something to do with abstaining and controlling emotions.

But it was treated as a way for the women to have the man waiting for their hands: the only one allowed to see the female would be the Father, and no one else. Siblings were a no go as well.

Though the Kingdom was patriarchal, the Kingdom still bowed before the three Goddesses. There was no set time as to when the women would show themselves. However, Colt got goosebumps once more as he heard the loud and vibrating cheers of the populace.

Shickly turned to the direction where their mansion was and smiled, “It appears that they have set out.”

Colt nodded his head in anticipation.

The City had heard of the news, and as everyone was not allowed to enter the Church, they instead took to the roads and waited for the bride to have her [Bridal Procession].

Mina was inside a carriage, with two lasses There were several carriages in front of theirs that carried the women that resided in the Edgeworth Manor.

The men in the Church all stood up as the cheers of the people got stronger. Shickly tapped Colt’s shoulder and whispered, “Smile, my son.” Before leaving Colt’s side.

While everyone was heading for the door, Colt walked over the Altar and faced the goddess’ three statues. He then took a deep breath and then faced the direction of everyone else.

The doors opened, and the men walked out of the Church as they watched the carriages pull up one after the other.

The first carriage opened, and it only had a woman inside. It was Sister Mary.

She walked past the men and then kowtowed to the Goddess statues, then walked towards Colt, and then walked up the Altar.

The second carriage arrived and stopped before the Church. The first carriage had Avern’s younger sister Lulu, Sera, and Alpyie.

The three girls then formed a line across the men. The next carriage had, Vyra, Mary, and Princess Alice…carriage after carriage, the women Colt befriended walked out.

His mother, Faerith, who was dressed in a beautiful gown, Risa, who had a broad smile for her brother, Lyra, who was just acting like herself.

The women arrived and then bowed before the Goddess statues, then soon, everyone walked with elegance then stood on the side of the Nave just before the Pew.

Colt then watched as a mid-sized white Dragon dragging a carriage appeared from the slope. Drako was walking and with dignity, as it showed its allure. It didn’t dare mess the Dragon King’s marriage.

On the coachman’s seat was Liron, who also had a proud smile on his face.

Normally, it would be a normal coachman doing such a thing, but Liron wanted to do it himself.

Colt stole a glance over a Risa and saw her smiling proudly. Drako pulled over the golden carriage to the main entrance of the Church.

As it did, the children of the Orphanage ran from the sides of the Church and then in carrying flower baskets. They threw flower petals that covered the carpet that had been laid out. These children volunteered to do this to make Colt’s wedding special.

And as they ran past the anxious Colt, they looked at him and smiled as if to tell him, “Congratulations, big bro Sparkly.”

They may not have been adopted into the Edgeworth Family, but they were always cared for by Colt and everyone else.

Liron got off the carriage and then cleaned himself up before opening the door. From inside, the little ladies, which were Filla and Hylda, first walked out. They held bright smiles as they walked out.

Then, after they reached their destination, which was the women’s line.

A hand then reached out from within the carriage.

Liron accepted this hand, and then he assisted his daughter out of the carriage. Mina stepped out, with her face covered by a veil.

She was wearing a pink wedding dress. Mina took graceful steps. She seemed to be floating as she walked.

Liron was all smiles, and when he met Shickly’s eyes, the two of them nodded at each other.

Liron then stopped, just before the step that Colt was on, he assisted Mina to reach out to her future husband, and as Colt took Mina’s hands and helped her up the steps, Liron spoke, “Take care of her, son.”

“I will.” Colt’s strong voice assured the Marquis.

The Marquis nodded his head as a single tear escaped his eyes. He stopped himself from crying; however—it was not the time to cry.

The Marquis joined the line like everyone else. And Mina and Colt turned around to meet Sister Mary.

Sister Mary held no item but a simple dagger. The dagger was black and white, with a gray line going down the middle. She raised it as she spoke, “We are gathered here today to witness the joining of Mina Vera and Colt Edgeworth in the sacred bond of marriage.

“Since time immemorial, the joining of a man and woman had been said to mean one thing, the joining of blood and heart. The act of marriage shall be met as the everlasting vow be carried out by the couple wishing to be tied together…”

Colt reached out with both palms open. Sister Mary handed over the dagger to Colt.

Mina and Colt turned to each other, and Colt looked at Mina’s veiled visage as he spoke the vow, “I, Colt Edgeworth, shall give my heart, my soul, and my everything into the woman that I love. I vow to protect and love the family that we are to create, and I offer you...my everlasting love.”

Asked Colt as he pricked his index finger with the point of the dagger. His blood flowed down the very edge of the dagger. And as the blood reached the hilt, Colt had the tip of the blade faced down as he asked, “Will you accept my vow?”

Mina took the blade off Colt’s hands and answered, “I, Mina Vera, accept your vow. I offer you my heart, my soul, and my everything in exchange for your all. My love shall not waver, neither will my faith to you.”

Mina took the blade close to her face and, from under her veil, cut her lips. She then held the dagger with her right hand.

Colt reached out with his left and held the dagger with Mina. With his right, he lifted her veil and saw Mina, with bleeding lips.

Mina exchanged gaze with Colt as she gave her answer, “In exchange for you everlasting love…I offer you my inextinguishable devotion.”

With that, Colt leaned in and kissed Mina’s lips. Her blood entered seeped into him as the two of them were bound by the Eternal Vow. And with that, a slight sensed of Divine Light surrounded him.

For others, it made them seem as though they were glowing.

Their lips separated, and as Mina smiled, her tears began to flow.

She remembered her mother’s words about finding the man she should not let go. Mina was glad that she did not let go.

As she leaned to Colt, her tears began to flow. She whispered to him, “I love you.”

Colt felt her emotions, and his heart began to warm. When he got here, he was broken and without direction. He feared her and tried to escape her only to found her in his heart, filling the hole that had been made.

Before, he could understand how she quickly became a pillar that he couldn’t have away from his side. Colt smiled, and with the taste of iron in his mouth, he answered, “I love you too.”

His tears fell as he smiled. He had never been so happy in both lives.

Thus, Mina and Colt got married.

93