164. Liron Vera
2.8k 7 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Wing City was in a joyous mood. The people were celebrating despite not having the need to.

Colt and Mina’s marriage was nothing but pleasantries as everyone already knew that the two had long been smitten with one another. Bards who were singing the love story of the of them. They spoke of when Colt felt fell for Mina at first sight to when Colt saved her from the enemy’s clutches.

Many parts had been written out to romanticize the story, but it was a good story nonetheless.

The news of Mina Vera marrying Colt Edgeworth would also reach the ears of the Nobles…their thoughts of trying to overcome the two Hegemons became an actual dream.

With the actual marriage completed, everyone heads back to the Edgeworth Mansion to properly celebrate.

Shickly’s hidden wine concoction was taken out of their hiding places, and as the chefs of the Family got too excited, a lot of food was made. Thus, to not waste any, they did what they always did and decided to open their gates to the public.

It had not been decided yet, but this kind of familial action would become the Edgeworth Family’s tradition.

Mina and Colt were both seated on their respective seat of honor. They were the people of the hour, and Colt was having a good time in the Mansion’s banquet hall where he could see the smiles of the friends he made along the way.

Music was being played by the maids and other servants of the Mansion. It was a very lively celebration, and Colt looked over at Mina and excused himself to get her a plate of fruits to eat after seeing the group of women approaching their direction.

Colt escaped and heard the women laughing with glee. He didn’t have anything against them, but he found it really hard dealing with a tide of them.

But he didn’t necessarily lie as he truly went to take a plate full of fruits and some snacks for Mina to enjoy. As he got off his seat, people mobbed him as they congratulated him with smiles on their faces.

Colt accepted them all with a smile, for he too was happy about the occasion. Then…the day ended as quickly as it came. Colt was carefully carrying Mina to their room; she had already fallen asleep.

Aside from being pregnant, she also helped prepare for this day with everyone. Despite her desires being so minimalistic, Mina still did her best to prepare.

‘She must have been tired.’ Colt whispered as he stared at the sleeping Mina. He leaned in to kiss her forehead before joiner her in the bed. He closed his eyes but failed to sleep.

He failed to make his heart settle down. So, he took a walk alone without bringing anyone with him. No sword, no chick, not even a cat was with him. He was alone with nothing to do. His mind began to wander.

The Mansion was nevertheless lively despite it being.

The maids were still cleaning the banquet hall, and the guards were cleaning up the roads of the City.

Their guests were already in their room, snuggly sleeping. During his night walk, Colt stopped his steps as he reached the back garden.

There was no fighting Arte or Shickly this time around. There was only one person in there, Liron Vera, his father-in-law.

“Hmm? I knew I’d find you here. It appears my instincts were correct.”

Liron said with an empty smile.

Colt’s legs carried him towards Liron slowly. His steps were natural, and soon enough, he was next to his Father-in-Law, the single strongest General of the Regulus Kingdom.

The two of them did not say anything at first. Instead, they looked at the skies and observed the moon.

“Thank you…” it was weird for Colt, but he was the one to break the silence.

“???” The Marquis turned to him, flabbergasted at his words...but he didn’t speak and let Colt say what he wanted to say.

Colt…no, rather Leo, had always wanted a family of his own. He had no one in his past, no father, mother, and his lover left him. He felt disconnected from the world and failed to make proper connections to the people he was supposed to call friends.

He was rather social, yet he knew a barrier was there that he could not open for others to see. When he came to this world, he was in a downward spiral. It was Mina who rose up to save him. She showed him love, and the fear he once felt turned to affection.

She cared for him and even accepted the original’s past. Colt slowly saw the goodness in her and how she changed as time went on. She became a good mother to the children who had no blood connection to her and risked her life for them without hesitation.

Colt felt blessed.

“…for letting me marry her. She’s too much of a blessing for someone like myself. I may not be worthy of her, but I will do everything in my power to make her happy.”

His word had not a hint of doubt in it.

Marquis quietly looked over at Colt. He smiled at this Son-in-Law of his, “Colt… I should be the one thanking you. Before she came here, she had nothing in mind other than mastering Magic and getting stronger.

“When Maya, Mina’s mother, died, she lost something. Mina lost her shine and her genuine self. Every smile she would make to others were faked, and no one could approach her. Because she thinks everyone could only see the Vera Family name.

“She was doubtful of everyone and failed to make any friend. This lasted for a long time, and soon, everyone feared her and even gave her the moniker of Queen. I, who was always away, failed to fill the hole that Mina had lost…I was a failure as a father…”

Liron stopped his words as he turned to Colt. With his big hands, he patted Colt’s shoulder and showed him a smile, “But, you, Colt, you managed to slowly fill that gap. I once asked her why she for you, and she would always say,

“[ ”Because he tries harder than anyone else. He is also kind and does everything to help someone who is in need. Though he’s sometimes hesitant, as if he is trying not to associate with others too much, the genuine desire to help is there. He may not know of it, but I acknowledge his work. There are also times when I get jealous, and the emotion of wanting to keep him all to myself surfaces. I fear losing him, and that makes me act irrational around others…but he…Colt sees me beyond that. I can see that he too is fearful of me, but he still prioritizes me more than himself… he’s the kindest person that I have ever met.”] that was her words.

“I could never forget that time because it was then that I saw an emotion she had not shown for years. It was a smile of pure bliss and happiness; she smiles brighter than the sun when she speaks of you, and seeing that already told me that you were the only one who could make her happy. I am… a failure of a father, but I at least know what can make her happy, and I do not want to rob you away from her. So…”

At this time, the Marquis showed Colt a stiff expression. However, Liron still tried to make a smile.

Colt raised his head and didn’t know if Liron knew.

But slowly, tears streamed down as the battle-hardened General spoke, “...thank you… thank you for making my daughter happy… I shall leave her to your care.”

And so, the Marquis cried.

I hope you liked this chapter.

86