169. Oh
2.8k 20 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Colt, run, that guy is going to kill us! Dammit, why do I have to be here!?” the Chick pecked Colt’s face as it urged him to continue moving.

“Don’t put the blame on me! I was against this in the first place; you just had to question him, didn’t you? You just had to have an attitude. Dammit, after this, I’m going to roast you! You little—”

“You sound very energetic, Young Master.” Neun whispered directly to Colt’s ears. Colt was running for his dear life as he argued with the Chick, and as he turned his head and saw Neun, his eyes opened wide.

Colt wanted to swing his sword. The blue aura rose from his sword before momentarily changing a bloody red, “Goddammit, [Blood Kni~]!” but Neun held him by the wrist before the swing could be realized.

“My disciple, did you think your enemy will let you go once they get this close? You are indeed stupid, now, clench your teeth; I’m going to hammer into you your mistake!”

“Ah, SHI~.”

BooM!

A billowing cover of smoke appeared as Colt got hammered on the ground. Neun used no sword but an ordinary fist. Colt was pummeled without mercy.

With his Young Master twitching on the ground, bordering life and death, Neun laughed, “That’s what you get for not teaching this Chick to respect me.”

Colt’s consciousness slipped. The last thing he saw was Neun with that maniacal smile of his as he roared, “I’m going to have some fine dining tonight.” While holding onto the Chick.

“Colt! Help this Partner of yours! No, no, nooooooo!”

‘Heh, you get what you deserve.’ Colt lost his consciousness.

With a smile reminiscent of the Devil, Neun stomped at Colt’s head, burying him on the ground.

The only reason why Colt was here fighting against a hopeless fight was that the Chick questioned Neun’s strength. It asked something it shouldn’t have, and Colt was punished because he couldn’t control his Partner well enough.

The result was clear; his ass got handed to him despite being at the Peak of Rank-8. Though to be fair, Neun was already a monster in his own right.

‘Such bad luck.’ Colt thought as he remembered himself just having a pleasant afternoon with his daughters earlier this day.

He sighed and didn’t fight against the urge to sleep this lousy day away.

Several hours later, Colt awakened. He opened his eyes and saw the hovering moon; it was already night. Colt looked at the side and saw Fluff gnawing on the Chick’s leg… he didn’t bother doing anything to save the little shit.

He sat up as he felt his body already rejuvenated. There was no healer anywhere else, but he had mostly healed.

“Is that the effect of that Chick’s Gift, perhaps?” Neun, who was sitting by a campfire, asked curiously. Colt responded with a nod.

They were currently in the vast grassland a few kilometers outside Wing City, there was no food and no beast to hunt here, but Neun was cooking what seemed to be a Giant Boar he hunted.

“Do you want some, my disciple?” Neun asked as he handed Colt a piece of meat.

Colt accepted and ate, “So… when are we going back, Teacher?” he asked while eating.

“I’ll return around 10:00. But if you want, you can go ahead; it’s just a few hours of run from here, it’s not that far. You’re strong enough as it is.” Neun didn’t mind Colt leaving.

Neun had already taught Colt a lesson he needed to teach. The old butler peeked at Colt’s reaction and noticed him choosing to stay rather than leave.

“Have you mastered the Ultimate Techniques of the Heavenly Water Sword?” Neun asked.

Colt reacted by shaking his head… he was currently enjoying the boar meat to respond with words.

Neun continued his words, “My disciple, you should quickly master those, you know? Although your aura is improving faster than anyone else in this Continent, strength without skills is no than an Orc waving around a club.”

“I’ve got no time to master them… I’ve been trying to find the time, but I’m still only at the 75 percent completion at this point. I have no time to master them at all. I’ve been trying to bond with my family, soldiers and have been talking a lot with the Crown Prince… there are also many letters from the hundreds of Nobles and powers from the different Kingdoms and Empires. I have been swamped with invites for months now.”

The past months have been rough for Colt, it was now nearing the third week of the first month, and the epidemic had already been resolved for the most parts at least.

There were still cases, but everyone was being trampled down by the joint forces of the Royal Family, the various powers of the Continent, and especially the Genesis Family.

The Genesis Family had been one of the leaders that had been helping the Continent. Because of this, the Phantasmagoria should be finding it hard to touch any of the Elves near their territory. This would be Colt’s temporary fix to a problem that would soon open in the coming years. War is currently avoidable, so Yrva was satisfied for now.

‘I have to create a permanent fix, now… it seems like my happiness really does only last for a bit. Well, at least Jin is a bonafide Hero now.’

Colt complained before throwing a piece of meat to Fluff and have the Chick be spared. The Chick was freed, and the two siblings began eating the boar. Colt had no idea why Fluff would rather eat the Chick when there’s boar right in front of it.

Neun sighed, “Well, you don’t have to worry about trying to master the technique. You are still young, and there is no sign of war right now… the epidemic had crippled most of the neighboring powers’ funds, and because of the depth of gratitude that they have for us, I doubt anyone would try to act against us. You managed to secure us a sense of lasting peace, my disciple, so don’t be so pressured… first, you should focus on reaching Rank-9; after reaching that height, you should have known what it is that you are missing to master the Ultimate Techniques.”

Colt was almost the perfect disciple, he never complains, and Neun could use any torment against him. He was also improving fast, and the truth was that Colt had already mastered the Ultimate Technique of the Heavenly Water Sword.

The only thing Neun wanted Colt to have is the missing component of Bloodlust and Suffocating Killing Intent that was needed to perfectly Manifest the Bloodbath Sword Art.

'Well, he'll experience a lot more before he can reach that level, anyway.'

Neun said with a satisfied expression. However, as he spoke, Colt’s body jolted…

“Is something the matter?” Neun asked.

“…I just reached Rank-9…” Colt said with an awkward laugh.

“Oh…” that was the only thing Neun found himself able to say.

72