177. Family Meeting (Part 1)
2.7k 2 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Month of the year — Edgeworth Manor, in some empty room.

Colt’s hands moved swiftly. He wielded his weapon without mistake, and as his movements began to generate wind, Colt was finished, “And, that is how you do it, Jin.” 

Colt was looked over at Jin, who was next to him, as he finished changing a doll’s diaper. Jin, who became a father to a boy and a girl just two weeks ago, was now seeking the knowledge of a professional caretaker, who took care of his daughter for years. This was the refined skill Colt received from the original.

Jin nodded his head, and Colt moved out of the way to let Jin do what he needed to do, “Try it for yourself, Jin.”

“Okay, I shall try.”

“No, you do not try, you do it. This is for your children’s sake, make sure to be perfect, so they do not feel unconformable, do you understand?”

“Yes, Young Master.” Jin sounded dedicated.

With the Father finished, Colt turned to the other trainees who wished to be bestowed with knowledge — he faced Lyra and Filla.

He moved to the next doll, where he faced them with a severe expression, “Okay, watch and learn, you two.” Colt moved and, like before, seamlessly going about the routine one more time, in a manner of seconds, he spoke, “This is how you do it.” He said as he made the last fold and clip.

Filla and Lyra, who saw this, looked at Colt and clapped their hands: 

“That was amazing, Papa!” Filla saw Colt in a brighter light.

“Yes, yes, brother! That was amazing!” Lyra was in awe of her brother.

Hylda was unimpressed, ‘I taught him that, you know.’ She thought to herself as she saw Colt’s mighty way of changing the diapers.

Risa, who held onto a plate of cake as a snack, was also giving Colt an uninterested expression. She was surprised by that skillful change, but that was it. She couldn’t care less going further.

Risa decided to just turn to her niece, “Hylda, this cake you baked is quite good.”

“Thank you, if you have any request for later, just tell me, okay, Big Sis?” she responded to the aunty who didn’t want to be addressed by her proper title.

Colt ignored Risa, and Hylda was giving him as he enjoyed the love of his daughter and sister. This was the best applause he got from them even when he showed the greatness of his sword techniques, ‘Different generations, I suppose.’ 

But he was enjoying these times nonetheless. Currently, Mina and Vyra were together in a room where Baby Ayl, Baby Elanor, the girl, and Baby Haleth, the boy.

Jin’s and Colt’s infants were still sleeping, which gave Colt enough time to teach these three the diaper’s ways. However, Filla and Lyra were just there as Faerith and Lucille asked him to take them and distract them for a while.

Even the two’s combined effort was not enough to effectively contain the deconstructive mind of these two, ‘I hope the new lesson plans of Mother and Miss Cille works this time around.’ 

The Two Sorceresses were thinking of teaching them in different ways. Colt could only wonder how different they’re talking about. Either way, it was not Colt’s problems, and he was happy about the genius of his daughter and youngest sister.

The teachings continued, but then, someone knocked on their little classroom. The door opened, and Sera entered, “Young Master, my Teacher has arrived.”

Colt nodded his head and then turned to Hylda, “Hylda, can you please take over here and teach them the ways of the original master? I have to go somewhere for the time being.”

“…Okay.” Hylda got off the chair she was seated upon and replaced Colt. She faced her sisters and even beckoned Jin to look at her, “What, Papa just showed you were impressive, but not everything is about speed, he had always been a show-off, so he had many unnecessary movements…”

Colt’s steps stopped for a moment as he heard Hylda’s words, ‘I didn’t expect her to teach them seriously — I feel rather stupid for showing off now.’ He laughed but disregarded everything else after some time.

He closed in on Risa and then motioned to her that she too should follow.

“Why?” Risa asked.

“Just come with me without asking too many questions, okay?”  Colt’s words were severe, and Risa regained her seriousness as she nodded.

When Colt stepped out, Sera left with him, and they went to Shickly’s study.

Sera closed did not step out as she closed the door behind her. She was also asked to listen to this talk. Inside the study was Shickly, Liron, Neun, Butler Go, Reis, and Fluff.

All of these had a solemn expression.

Colt and Risa sat on the couches that were across the sofa where Liron sat.

Neun stood next to Shickly, and Butler Go near Colt.

“Son, now that we have gathered as you have asked us to do so, what is it that you want to tell us, exactly? This better be important. I planned on playing with my grandchildren today.”

“So do I.”

Liron and Shickly said to lighten up the mood but failed to do so as everyone present knew that a part of them was actually serious.

“You can’t play with them right now; they’re training to be expert caretakers with Jin. But enough of that, Sera, come here and give everyone a copy of the letter I had you duplicate earlier.”

Sera obliged to Colt’s orders and gave everyone the report Butler Go had made. Neun, Shickly, Liron, and Risa all began reading. Fluff and Reis, who already knew the situation jumped onto Colt’s laps to get a better seat of the oncoming discussion.

Soon, everyone finished, and as they did so, their expressions became heavy.

“Brother, is this true?” Risa asked; no one else spoke as that was the same question they have.

They want him to tell Colt was messing with them, but with a sigh, Colt spoke:

“This information was gathered by Butler Go and Reis’ Generals…”

“Generals? Is it the General of the Kalionse Empire? Or the ones of the Coalition?” Liron could not understand and just had to ask. The only Generals he knew were the ones leading armies. He didn’t think the fat chick on Colt’s lap could have one under its control.

“I do not speak of those honorable people, but the ones under the commands of Reis. They are Magical Beasts who scour the continent for information to help with our investigation.” Colt did not speak of some critical parts.

But it was enough for everyone to understand.

“Going back on track; the Phantasmagoria Family had fallen; this news has not reached anyone’s ears other than mine and the Genesis Family’s Yrva and his anointed Elders. The ones who are here are the only ones who I chose to inform.

“Currently, the East is having a massive upheaval, and the Elves who had lived in the forest that they have protected for years received letters telling them of the dangers of staying at the East.

“The Ancient Elves asked them if they could move back over at the West and stay there with them, so they could carry out from the dangers of being there. Yrva’s letters reached each leader of the respective Race; however, they all disregarded it as they still hold a grudge against the Ancient Elves.

“This would not have been a problem if this was all; after all, most nobles and big families always have conflicts like this, just like what happened to the Genesis Family next to us. However, this time, an outsider joined them in this mess — Light Element Users who claim themselves to be the Apostle of Goddess Light have joined the conflict.”

65