178. Family Meeting (Part 2)
3.7k 4 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence prevailed as Colt’s words shut everyone up. The air was tense, as everyone other than Risa knew what Light element was.

She raised her hand and asked, “What’s the Light Element?” such was the question that stemmed from his ignorance.

Colt turned to her, and despite what others may think, not knowing what’s Light Element was understandable as it didn’t exist in the first place.

However, what surprised Colt, was the fact that everyone else present already knew what the element was, “Considering everyone’s reaction, does this mean everyone already knows what the Light Element is?”

Liron nodded his head with a heavy expression, “Sadly, we do. Tristan, the King, once told us about this, told us about the legend of the past… do you know the legend of the Fire Dragon?”

“Do you mean the one where you, Father, and Sir Gilbert went to slay the Dragon over at the North?” Colt confirmed, and Liron nodded.

“Dragons, for the most parts only ever like to sleep, rule, and eat… they do not go out and try to prove themselves worthy from anyone else as they knew that they are beings that already stands at the top. Only when a challenger appears that it fights. However, the Fire Dragon we slew was different. It was violent and destroyed everything and anything on its path.

“We thought that it was weird, and after some careful observation, we noticed peculiar elements from this beast. The Magic Tower then appeared before us and told us about a Dragon that had been sealed temporarily by the Apostle of Darkness about a millennia ago in the age of the Great Calamity.

“The Great Calamity, as everyone knows, is the time when the Great Evil managed to control the Beast Gods and other powerful beings through unknown means. At the time, we did not know what kind of weapon the Great Evil used, but Tristan told us the legend about his family. It was a story about how the Great, Great, Great Grandfather of the founder was saved by the Apostle of Darkness and Apostle of Elemental Root against a rampaging Dragon.

“The Dragon was put to sleep using the Darkness Illusion of the Darkness Apostle. Then, the Apostle of Elemental Root trapped the sleeping Dragon in a Dome using a Supreme Earth Spell had it swallowed by the ground.

“The Apostles left but, not before explaining the briefest of things to Ancestor of the Founder to clear his mind — he was told that the Dragon was being controlled by the corrupted Light Element and was ordered to rampage about. What we slew was the same beast thousands of years ago. Knowledge of the Light Element is quite rare, as only the Dracian Fate, which looks over the three Fate Paths, record them, and records of these have mostly disappeared. Only historians, Tower Masters, and the Ancient Families should know of it…”

Colt listened to the little story and took note of three things, first, the fact that those controlled by the Light Element would still continue even after such a long time, and second, was the fact that there were other Apostles, and lastly, there was something called the Great Calamity.

“Just to confirm, this knowledge is not something everyone knows.” Colt at least wanted to know something in order to clear his mind.

Liron shook his head, “No, not even the Nobles like the Dukes should know of this. For some reason, everyone who knows about this is not speaking of it like normal. The Public Libraries also do not have any book regarding this element. Even the books that talk of the Great Calamity do not mention this. And from what I can tell, the rest of the ruling powers keep it this way… I do not know why, though.”

Everyone was now on the same page… well, not everyone as someone else still couldn’t figure out what the hell everyone was talking about, “Brother, you still haven’t explained to me what this Light Element is!”

Risa also listened to Liron’s tory, but as she had no clue what Light Element was compared to the others, she was left with a cryptic image. With all the backstory being given to her, she grew curious as to what it actually was.

Colt sighed as he answered, “The Light Element was once the Healing Element before the Goddesses took it back. I do not know why it was taken away, but the Goddess Light replaced her gift to the world with Healing Element to fill what had been lost. The Light Element can control the mind and thoughts of others to a certain degree and affect their bodies.”

Risa finally understood, “So, Light Element is like Healing Element but with mind manipulation?”

“…not exactly, but you get the point.” Colt was still at a loss for why the Light Element was forgotten, but if it has anything to do with the Great Calamity, then he had an idea as to why it was forgotten, ‘They wanted to forget about the painful past… or it could have something to do with the Apostles and the Goddesses.’

Colt decided to keep the thoughts on the back of his head before turning to his father, “Father, I have not told you about this, but, I think, the ones who appeared in the Magical Beast Forest and the ones who killed the Elders of the Phantasmagoria are the same people.”

“…how can you tell?”

“The one I met claimed to be the Apostle of Light or a Child of Light. When I arrived to save Mina, I saw him trying to control her mind… he forced Mina to slit her own throat so she can spare Filla.”

BAM!

“What!?” Liron broke the table in front of him; his face showed rage, “Why didn’t you tell me about this!?”

“I apologize, but Mina asked of me to keep silent about this… she didn’t want you to worry. But do not worry, I made sure to make the bastard suffer, by cutting him to many pieces — alive.”

Liron was still angry, but when he saw Colt’s eyes… it slightly lessened. Those eyes managed to make an impression on the General.

Fluff also took note of this and immediately help suppress these emotions. Colt felt refreshed, “Thanks, Fluff.” He whispered before rubbing its belly.

“But they are no longer targeting us; they are over at the Easternmost area of the Continent; what is it that you are trying to tell us, Son?” Shickly asked. He had an idea what, but he wanted to hear it from Colt…

“Right, getting back to that. The thing is that, with their appearance in the Phantasmagoria, that could only mean that there are many more of them. Soon, fleets of warships would arrive all over the Continent, and the embers of war would spread throughout the land. We have slain one their Supreme Commanders, but they should have many more, someone stronger, and someone more capable, in short soon, there would be —”

“—War.“ Shickly and Liron said at the same time.

“That’s right, so we must act fast so we can protect our families. Right now, there is a lull, and this is just the calm, before the storm.”

60