179. Vacation (Part 1)
2.7k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, what do you want us to do about this?” Shickly asked.

“Prepare the Kingdom, the Soul would be embroiled in a deadly fight, the East which Father-in-Law watches over will also be quite dangerous… in the end, we only need to get ready.”

The meeting ended in a solemn tone. The fact that war would be coming was not something others would take in well. Colt walked out of the room with Sera and Risa; the old fogeys would need to speak of the current situation without him. There were matters that Colt still could not access.

Standing in the middle of the hallway, Colt met Risa face to face; she was scowling at him as her brother walked away from her, “Why did you take me here?”

“Because you’re a part of the family, and when I leave, it will be your job to help protect the land and our people.”

“What!? You’re leaving!?”

“No, but I might go somewhere real soon.” Colt said as Fluff hopped on his shoulders and Reis went to demand to be taken to Hylda… it was hungry for cake.

“Don’t worry about it so much, Risa; your brother here will try his best to ensure that nothing more happens. I only called that meeting to let you know what’s about to happen.”

“What, are you…” Risa found Colt’s words to be confusing.

“I’m telling you not to be lazy and start training! I heard you got the Gift from Drako and that Gorilla was powerful; use it to its fullest! If you don’t, I’ll convince father that you inherit the Family!” Colt shouted aloud.

“Wait, anything but that! I already got my life all planned out, so don’t ruin it! I’ll try harder, don’t worry!” Risa didn’t want to be involved in politics; after that day, it was said that she tried twice as usual.

The day ended with Colt spending time with his family and training with Neun. At around 3 in the morning, Mina awoke and was placed in charge of taking care of baby Ayl, and then he left the city.

He brought Fluff and Reis with him… Neun and the others were in the dark about this, and only Mina knew of it. He would spend training outside the city for two hours before heading back home.

There was nothing wrong with his training, but every time he goes out and comes back when Mina sees him, she would always be filled with angst, for every time Colt would return, he would be bathing in blood.

“Just what are you doing, Darling?” Mina asked with apparent concern.

Colt saw this and patted her head, “Don’t worry, I am fine; this is nothing but Fluff scratching me all over in our spars… Reis is healing me, no problem.”

It was clear Colt couldn’t find a good lie as to why he was always bloodied. But either way, he couldn’t stop now and continued the secret training every single day.

Though he had tried to bring extra clothing, Mina somehow always knew that he was changing before going back, so he stopped doing it. Mina would always worry about him, and Colt would assure her to the best of his ability.

However, at around the final day of March, when Spring was about to surface, something odd happened.

Colt held onto the deep blue blade of his with a tight grip; he took in a deep breath and smiled, ‘It’s beginning to show.’

He smiled as he finally collapsed. Fluff walked towards him and looked ahead with its brows raised.

Reis approached them and said, “Well, he’s at least making progress, isn’t that right, Brother?”

Around 10 kilometers east, where no one goes to, multiple craters could be seen, and in the middle of it was a deep crevice.

Fluff shrugged its shoulders and smiled, but then, its eyes opened wide, and it looked towards the North; the fat cat then looked at Colt and slapped him awake!

PAH!

Colt was awakened, and with his body still on the ground, he asked, “What is it? You know I can’t move after all that trouble… I’ll fight you later!”

However, Fluff simply stepped on Colt’s head and then spoke, [My Sister just woke up, we’re heading North! To the Valley of the Serpent God.]

At the same time, all this was happening, Sister Mary was currently stretching her body. It was 4:00 in the morning, and on her hand was the short sword that bore her Phylactery. She was now training, and her short sword was cutting through the wind with unimaginable speed.

Watching her was the mini-sized Lunar Roc, a Gale Roc, and a Raging Storm Roc — all these were her Soul Partners, and all of them gifted her the gift of moving fast and control of the wind.

Her fine movements were unique; it came from unconventional directions and were impossibly quick as if she was the manifestation of a Raging Gale.

Clapping could be heard as Fer now stood next to the Rocs, “Bravo, bravo, you are still as quick and deadly as ever! I knew Queen Freyja would never fail to deliver.” She had a smile on her face, and despite being blind, she speaks as if she had seen what Sister Mary just did.

Sister Mary turned to her and swung her short sword at Fer. A wind blade flew out, attempting to cut Fer in half.

Fer’s expression remained the same as she waved her hand, and red bracers appeared to counteract the wind blade. A flame appeared as she manifested the elemental aura into a real thing.

“Why are you so violent?” Fer moved her hands again and kept the bracers inside her sleeves, “I could have died just then, you know?”

“You know I don’t want to be called Queen or that accursed surname. I am no longer Freyja! I am… Mary… the Nun of that, saves others. I left the Order, so that means that I am no longer that person.” Mary’s eyes showed a dangerous glint, she titled as her hands trembled.

Fer’s smile disappeared, “Don’t kid yourself. Rejecting your past and sins is the only reason why this problem exists, to begin with, older sister. The Order only let you leave because you were — enough of that, goddammit, that’s not what I’m for at the moment.”

Fer had enough and threw Sister Mary a letter, “Don’t say anything, just read it first, you’ll know why I showed you this instead of doing anything… it’s from that person.”

Sister Mary received the letter and then began reading its contents… after reading its contents. Sister Mary found herself looking up to the moon, stars, and the night skies, “Why is this happening again?”

Sister Mary had been summoned to the Center of all Religion — Holy Land!

[Author] With this, the Continent would be seen other than the Western part 

50