182. Celebrity
1.7k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks later.

“WOAAAAAAAHH! Teacher! Teacher! Teacher! Where is the Magic Tower!?”

Colt was watching Filla and Lyra lose their minds as they finally reached the Capital City. They who had been deprived of proper sights finally arrived in the Capital they so dearly wished to go to. The pair were excited.

Lucille was having a good time being showered by so much love and affection that her face grew lax with smiles.

“Okay, okay, we will get there, no worries.” The Tower Master said as her hands were pulled by the girls. ‘I think I should really retire after this vacation… I like these kids.’ Lucille was slowly beginning to consider her options.

She then turned to Mina and asked her, “Are you going to come with me, Mina? The Elders should be excited to see you.”

“…Darling…” Mina turned to Colt, and he responded with a pleasant smile and a nod, “I’ll go.” Mina left with baby Ayl in her hand.

“Young Master, I shall go, as well. I will be setting up our ride for the Holy Land; please, do whatever it is that you need to do now.” Butler Go said and left with the rest. With him were the Pegasus and a chubby cat who was too lazy to move.

Vyra and Jin went to the Tiger Manor to get some items they have forgotten.

Mary excused herself and went back home to inform her parents that she would be going to the Holy Lands. Though the only one who would most likely know would be her Mother, as the Duke was over at the Eastern Garrison.

Only Hylda, Sera, Reis, Risa, and Colt remained together — there was also Arte, but Colt tried his best not to count him… he was acting as Hylda’s Knight despite being weaker.

Colt turned to Hylda and asked, “Aren’t you going to join them?”

Hylda shook her head, “I’m want to see the Prince’s Palace. Filla and Lyra only want to go to the Magic Tower because Miss Lucille told them she’ll give them wands, anyway. We’re only here for a little bit, so I’m going to get my fill.”

Colt turned to Arte, “And you?”

“…I also want to sightsee,” Arte answered before quietly turning to Hylda.

“You have no motives, really?”

“…nope, I only want to look around.”

‘Are you a tsundere or something? How can you tell Father and me about your desires and not be direct with Hylda? Well, can’t blame him. He’s basically without any experience in terms of interacting with women.’

Colt didn’t really like tsundere, male or female, as they were violent, and as he advocated the law of equivalent exchange and hits anyone who hits him, Colt had wished not to encounter such people.

Colt just flashed a look at Reis and informed it of something of utmost importance; the bird got it without fail and ensured it would protect Hylda from advances, ‘She’s too young for that.’ Is what Colt and Reis thought.

“Well, let’s go.” Prince Trist and Feriar should be waiting for us. I told them that I’d be coming to them, after all.”

They left without a carriage and just walked. Their group passed the market place that had now regained its life. Unlike the Wing City, where Colt was known everywhere, his face was not that known in the Capital.

There were those he housed when the epidemic was going on, but they build up the minority of the people. Colt watched as people of different races walked on the streets without fear of the disease.

‘This is nice.’ He said while acting like a tourist. Right now, Mina was nowhere near him, but Colt was already planning on how his date with Mina would turn out. Though he needed to think more about the third sibling and the whole war thing, the idea of a honeymoon had already occupied his mind.

He was making so many plans in his mind right now.

While walking, their group passed the Dracian Fate’s Church that housed the three Goddesses and the Dragonheart Academy that Colt attended for a week.

‘Yeah, I’m not returning to this place again.’ The Dragonheart Academy was supposed to teach the students how to walk their chosen path, but Colt speedruns the thing and basically never returned after taking a leave.

He could now only think if he’s now considered a graduate as he was already passed a Ranked Warrior. He was now planning how he could get away from them without any questions being asked to him.

“Hehehehe.”

All the while, Colt was thinking about his escape plan, he heard giggling beside him. He turned around and saw Hylda smiling while looking at its gates.

Hylda was looking at its closed gates, with an expecting smile, “I’ll go here someday and take the crown of the strongest.” An itch appeared in Hylda’s hands as she wanted to go and have a bout against someone.

Their tour around the Capital continued until they reached the Western Area, where a mansion called the Second Prince Palace was built.

In the past, this place would be barren without many people, but it had been swarmed by tourists for the past months as they wanted to catch a glimpse of the Hero from the West.

Trist, the person who went Empire to Empire and Village to Village with the Ancient Elves, was now being treated as a Hero like he was promised. It had been at least a month or two since the epidemic was conquered, but their gratitude was still going strong.

The Knights who watched the area all had stern expressions; they would not let a single one of these tourists infiltrate the premises.

“Is it even possible to catch a glimpse of the Second Prince?” One woman asked her companion.

“I do not know, but he usually goes out to look around the City about this time. But I heard from a servant, who is the cousin of a friend, of a friend that he’s meeting with some bigshot, so I don’t think he’ll come out today.”

“What? And I came here from Revery City, too, what a shame!” The woman said with a downcast expression; she then gathered her anger and then shouted aloud, “Whoever this old fogey of a guest is, I curse you for inhibiting the Second Prince’s presence from being seen!”

She shouted aloud, and her companion decided to move the side quite a bit… she didn’t want to be associated with her for this. She’s a friend, but there was a limit.

The one who shouted, however, could only sigh at this turnabout, “Well, we can’t do anything now. Let’s just go to the Magic Tower. I heard something is going on there today. I think some kind of new transportation was just invented.”

The lady turned around only to have a handsome man’s face pass her peripheral vision.

It was quick, but she saw and then, she turned to the man without even realizing that everyone was already looking at this person.

Her jaw was slightly ajar as she tapped her friend’s shoulder and asked, “Wh-who is that hunk?”

“I… also do not know.”

As the majority of people there were tourists hoping to see royalty, none of them managed to identify the man leading a group of five.

But then, the Knights who were proudly guarding the gates of the Palace saw this man, all of them stood on attention and lowered their heads, “It is nice to see you again, Young Master.”

The man nodded his head and then spoke with calmness, “This is my first time being here. Is this place always this crowded with so many people?”

“There are people who wish to catch a glimpse of the Second Prince, so they all come here and wait for when he comes out.”

“Is that so? Would that mean I am doing something unwanted because I am stopping him from coming out? That’s no good; I do believe connection with the populace is important too.”

“Of course not, Young Master, the Second Prince had been waiting for your arrival since your letter weeks ago. He had even set up a nice area in his garden to welcome you.” the Knight who heard this frantically tried to clear the misunderstanding.

The man and his butler showed signs of smiling, “Well, that is quite nice to know. Will you let us in now? I am quite pressed for time; the Tower Master would be finished in showing off to my daughter and youngest sister by now.”

“I understand, Young Master.” The Knights lowered his head with respect as he ordered the others to open the gates and announced for everyone to hear, “Young Master Colt of the Edgeworth Family and his daughter and sister had arrived.”

A commotion instantly broke out.

Thanks for reading still, seriously, thanks

Patreon 7 chaps ahead

40