Prologue
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hibiki-chan~ we’re goinggg..”

“Hibiki. Take care of the house while we’re away”

“Okay. I’ll miss you mom, dad. Take care.”

As Hibiki confirmed his parents have boarded the taxi, he closes the door with a sullen look. Their departure might have caused him loneliness.

“Ooooohhh yeahhhh!!”

Or not.

Because of his father’s work overseas, he must leave for quite a while. And this time, the company his father is working for has issued taking the family with him as this time it comes with a free vacation.

His parents insisted that he must come, but his dramatical response rendered them speechless. His words were  “No, you go mom. You have been stress lately. This is the perfect chance for you to unwind and have great time with dad. I can manage myself. Don’t worry”.

The rest was omitted simply because most of it is bunch of sugarcoated words just to convince them for him to stay.

Although they are reluctant but eventually they agreed.

He has been looking forward to the day that he can have the entire house even for a short time. He cannot miss this chance at all cost.

 “Gaming 24/7 and no one will stop me! No scolding, no annoying errands, no compulsory household chores and especially.. no parents for 1 month! Absolute freedom!”

Hibiki has been running around the house after his parents left.

His happiness must have hit the top because the excitement he showed knows no bounds.

Jumping around like crazy even stripping away his clothes, he even does back flip and regretted later after he hit the floor face first. Well he is the lazy introverted type so naturally he doesn’t have the physique to do so.

“Guh.. Ou-oush .. the-thaf washh a ishufid. M-my exshayment got insho me .. ugh”

Due to having his mouth kissed the hard floor, he cannot even talk properly.

He took some ice cubes on the fridge and put it on a piece of cloth to put on his swell cheeks.

After the swelling has gone, he took a lot of snacks composing mostly of junk foods then headed immediately to his room to turn on his computer.

He almost tripped in the stairs on the way but having learned his lesson; he managed to balance his body.

The sound of the computer turning on echoed his room. He must have set on the highest volume.

Before, he only puts on headsets since his parents would scold him for the noise but now he is free to do everything he wants.

He can even watch lewd videos without lowering the max volume but his oddity just increases because even though he is on adolescent age, he never finds indulgence on that kind of stuffs.

You can call him weird or perhaps abnormal but he didn’t lack common sense of this world.

Maybe due to his addiction to online gaming that he didn’t find the opposite sex appealing enough to make him stop playing or focuses on to something else.

“My dad’s work this time did a very great timing! Today starts the week-long event. Double exp, item drop rate increased unlimited fatigue and a chance to meet with the GM! So cool”

He couldn’t hide his excitement and started to talk to himself.

No one can stop him now.

Minute became hours.

Hours became days.

Playing like there is no tomorrow.

His happiness is nonstop.

If he thought this craziness would last long,

He couldn’t be more wrong

There is one crucial mistake that he should never ever forget.

That one thing that he very much excels in. Well there is a ton he cannot do but this one thing is one of his many flaws.

“Ugh … uhhhh… I-I cannot move…”

*stomach grumbles*

He’s too lazy.

He can barely cook and was too busy to even try or buy food at a convenient store.

His stomach has been growling before he is even aware of it.

Bad habits can’t be avoided easily. His hardcore addiction to playing made him invulnerable to hunger for few days but the body has its own needs. Our body is like an engine, we can’t move without a source of energy. Nothing escapes hunger and no one is an exception.

After consuming all the junk foods he had while being too lazy to order food, he thought he could go on without eating.

Playing for 1 week straight literally 24/7 without sleep, he is on his limits.

It is not an exaggeration that he wouldn’t last that long.

“… I .. have no… regrets….”

Uttering those undeniably crazy words with a triumphant smile on his face, he is just a step away 6 feet under.

But as he was about to kick the bucket..

A blinding light illuminated his blurring vision.

Together with the light, a voice reached his ears.

“.. I-is that you gramps? Am I being escorted to river styx?”

The voice sounded like an old man so he assumed that was his grandfather.

But the voice seemed a bit angry because his reply was a bit thorny.

“You? My grandson? Don’t f*ck with me b—Erm! Sorry bout that. Heherm!”

The old man whom the voice originated readjusted his tone and changed into a business-like voice.

“If you like games that much to the extent of dying over it, I have a proposition which surely you will find very attractive.”

Listening to the voice, he replied with his face facing flat on the floor.

“I’m all ears.. Or more like that’s the only organ I can use right now aside from my mouth”

“Then..”

Acting as a cue, the light shines even more and envelops all the corners of his room. The next thing he’ll see will be entirely different.

The light then disappeared together with Hibiki.

0