Prologue: I Died and I Met an Old Man
5.4k 31 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mhm.

--

I died today, I'm sure.

--

I definitely died...

--

But rather--I was lying on something fuwa-fuwa fluffy and kira-kira glowing. Could I say it was comfortable? Yes I could. But I wont...

I muttered some words I myself couldn't hear, as I struggled to sit up.

I stared blankly up into the bright, white sky...

Then--no--possibly--I was some kind of spirit.

While I had every sense of my human body--there were no limbs on my body for me to move around. Arms... Legs... Penis--they ALL weren't there. Would've been nice to go for a quick one in heaven, honestly. I'm somewhat an artist--and I'd say white matches with white--no matter the yellow tints. Heaven does have some gold--

--

And thus, from above, a cough resounded. Reverberating throughout the entirety of heaven...

...A shining grandfather descended. Upon the call of my humbled self.

And I was truly humbled.

Truly as if I was in heaven right now--sitting on an especially bright cloud...

--

He coughed another two times.

"--Welcome, child. Unfortunately, thou hast... been killed." (God?)

How should I respond--?

Would be best to do the less edgy act. No panic at all.

As it was only natural, that I died...

"--Um..." (God?)

Mhm... I saw a drop of possibly cold sweat slide from the side of this gamer grandpa's wrinkled, bearded face.

Then what does this say?

It's obvious. I don't remember being hit by local Truck-kun. I was only rushed to the hospital before my death... I was pretty normal--so I didn't die from a chronic disease or anything... The one possibility left--was this.

It was this god's fault that I died. The accidental kill route.

With just his glorious appearance...

'Hello...'

"Haha... It was-- I APOLOGIZE! I- I accidentally got you killed--!" (God?)

The thin, white cloth on his body fluttered, as he lightly lowered himself in a bow, repeated three times...

Fuck.

Isn't that the funeral tradition--? The three dignified bows.

I'll ask about my death, then.

'How did I die--?'

...

The good God continued breathing hard, releasing these ancient fossilized sweat juices.

'--Calm down, please--!'

Mhm. That's right. I'm playing along. The right thing to do in an Anime, when granny-papa falls into a fit of coughs and hard breaths.

'Please--granny-papa! I don't want you painful and choke!!'

--

"...You. You really--" (God?)

He looked at me for a second, before returning to his act.

--

"Oh, oh... Very Apologize... I mean--Very sorry, I apologize." (God?)

He could do nothing against my Grandson act. With all due disrespect--I was alike Jesus himself. I won--even in death.

--

He breathed quickly, and heavily. On the verge of hyperventilation. But of course--not just there yet. There's no way someone like granny-papa would panic this badly...!

Seeing his cheesy actions and current attitude... I couldn't hold back my spiritual tears.

Maybe granny-papa was going senile. Maybe granny-papa had some skill issue... But that didn't matter. I was a forgiving man.

 

 

 

Not a long 30 minutes later, he seemed to stop with the cough fit and choke act. He shyly prodded his fingers... a disgustingly unhealthy blush forming through his wrinkled cheeks.

'--Wahhhh!! Granny-papa...'

I cried with absolute sincerity. It was a real cry. A real War Cry. Red cheeks? A sign of a fever--! Oh no!

'--Please talk, please don't be sick, granny-papa...! Boohoo...!'

I begged him. I begged grandpa to keep strong and stay alive. His heart attack! Don't choke like that, granny-papa!!

--

"Ho ho..." (God?)

He furrowed his eyebrows and rose proudly.

"Fine. I will." (God?)

--

He rose from his panic--Kirito from the wheelchair. It was a very hopeful scene to watch. A perfectly crafted return scene.

I had no comment on this god's sudden change... Maybe it's just that he had no fixed personality.

He immediately calmed down as his eyes began to glitter, looking all disgusting and cheesy, then turning to childish excitement. At the same time, he was composed. He shut his eyes in clear pride, as he raised his arms to point at the heavens even beyond this heaven.

"Alright, alright. My name is God... No... I mean--I'm the God here... Yes, you heard that right...! I'm the Creation God... The Motherfucking Creation God... There are some others as well, but I'm the best one, of course. My name is Segenam, don't call me Seg. And introductions here are done. And don't call me Seg..." (Segenam)

Oh... I think the subject changed...

My ways of death weren't much of a big deal anyway. It's the isekai that matters right now.

'Didn't you say something about reincarnation a while ago? In another world, right--? Magic and the levels and stats?'

"No I didn't... but yes... you may be reincarnated. Here it's a world that I recently made. At least nine hundred million years ago. Inspired by you Cultured Humans called weebs. Proudly, of course. No shame in the label." (Seggie)

As expected of a Benevolent--No--Omnibenevolent--god. None are shamed before his presence.

"I happened to create a world based off the thousands of different games and manga, please be ready for regular system updates when you've reincarnated." (Seggie)

'--You didn't say...?'

"Didn't say--? What?" (Seggie)

And--it's not like I imagined him telling me I'd be reincarnated.

But it was bound. Contracted. Fated. For reincarnation to happen anyway. So I was free from embarrassment.

--

And what's this? Does he actually make updates in that world? I'll make a comment on it, then.

'You really do--'

--I went for a quick slap for my own ass--though right now--I was a mere soul. So I just flickered a bit...

'--slap these updates right onto anything still alive in that world--? Certainly... a commendable operation... It must be great to live there...!'

"Mhm. Yes. It is. You'll find a 'World Updates' button when you open your status. Just say or think 'Status' to open this stats panel that shows all of that information." (Seggie)

Yup, really is like a light novel isekai thing. Anyone who has read any kind of happy isekai would know about this status system.

"Ah. By the way, since its a very much New World, newborn and all that, monsters really are overflowing... Since the humans and other intelligent good humanoid creatures are still terribly weak and very well new to magic powers, and underdeveloped in technology. I'll pay you 1 silver coin per week if you take the job of keeping monsters in check..." (Seggie)

--

He stopped, in thought...

--

"--But of course, since it's my fault that you died, I'll, like, grant you maybe twenty wishes when you reincarnate to pay my debt. Oh yes, the money I pay you will only be used by humans a thousand years after you reincarnate, so keep that in mind." (Seggie)

Mhm... Seggie... Silver coins are something like 1000, or something. I'd say--that isn't worth much. I'll make sure to ask for something more than twenty wishes by the time I destroy the world...

By the time I erase these heinous, most hated monsters, I mean.

--

Then I'll use up a few wishes...

--

'I'd like to be reincarnated into a dragon. 'Reincarnated Into a Monster' type of novels... manga... It would also make my job easier. OP characters. I'm you'd understand...'

--

"Hm... yes. I do understand."

'--Are there classes or jobs in this world? If there are, are monsters able to have one?'

"Ah. You're like an Alpha Tester right now. I'll add jobs and classes when humans start to worship me and build churches. And monsters can't obtain jobs, but I would probably allow some intelligent ones like demons or goblins to have them. But don't worry, since as an alpha tester perk I'll let you use them." (Seggie)

'That's good then. I want to have the ability to speak every possible and impossible language, as well as a human form'

"Yeah."

'I also want to be absolutely special, unlike any other, so make me a unique type of dragon that doesn't appear anywhere else.'

"Okay."

'Also, make me immortal with the ability to turn my immortality off once I want to kill myself off from aging circumstances.'

"Yeah..."

"Hmm... Yes... Your requests are reasonable... Anything else you want to add? Or do you want to go on, to begin another generic 'otherworld' story? Well, the other 15 wishes that you still have can be used later on. And as a touch of assistance, I'll add a 'World Information' section to your status panel, so you wont have any problems with that part."

--He smacked the top edge of his clipboard, as he inquired me on the matter of my 15 out of 20 wishes left to consume. Not that I know when or where the clipboard appeared.

...I think I should have everything I need as of now. I'll use my other wishes later. Seggie should be dropping me into this cute little world any time now.

--

"Well then, I'll send you off then. See you later.  I'll give you a small bit of extra power--"

As the old man Seg finished his sentence, a stack of extremely complex magic circles, radius of several meters appeared below my legs. Nice and warm. The circle began to spin, and accelerated until it its features blended into a little disc. It glowed brighter and brighter until I could see nothing but light, and at once everything in my sight became dark, completely black...

...

 

...

Eh...?

I tried moving and I felt like I hit something hard. I did say that I wanted to be a dragon, right? I'm sure I did.

Then I'd assume that I'm in an egg right now...

Well, this makes complete sense. Would be terrible to pop straight in, straight gacha summon, already developed past mere nubility and adulthood. Already max leveled with just a few Level-Up items.

I felt kinda weak, so I don't think I'll be able hatch myself any time soon.

For now, I'll just do some self-study like any good student...

'Status,' I thought...

--


[Light Prism Dragon (Fetal Stage / Egg)] - [Level 1] - [Age: 2 Minutes] - [Rating: C-]

[Health: 157/157] [Mana: 507/507]

[STR: 57] [INT: 207] [DEF: 57] [SPD: 57] [DEX: 57] [LUCK: 100]

[Abilities]:

[Refraction 1] [Sense 1]

[Extra Abilities]:

['A Bit of God's Power'] [Perfect Language Comprehension] [Immortality (on)]

[Skills]:

[Dragon Claw Arts 1] [Contact God]

[Titles]:

[Reincarnator] [Alpha Tester] [God's Personal Monster Exterminator]


--

Something like a game's status appeared deep into my head. I guess it couldn't actually have been in front of me--I'm still developing inside an egg.

What really makes me wet, is the ['A Bit of God's Power'] extra ability. Seggie does have enough power to create this much of a world. I'd be a shareholder of portion of his power. Pretty nice, I'd say.

Since, coming from the manga and light novels I've read in my previous life, I knew that information was somewhat important for my survival. I thought I should learn as much as I could while I'm still fresh and unhatched. Maybe I should train some active toggle skills like [Sense], because I'm sure it can be used passively.

After looking at the world information thing and checking out skills for nearly ten hours straight, more or less.

Then one very moment--I realized. The absolute truth. Nut-shattering. This world was flat...

Surface Area throughout this world is also about a hundred times greater than of Earth, which is rather great, since there probably will be about a hundred times more places to check out. I'm also able to stare at this updating moving map, though it only shows the places that I have already 'seen'.

I could only 'Sense' a tiny area around me, so I could only tell that this egg was on a patch of grass.

Since I actually had nothing else to do, I passively used [Sense] which barely ate up any of my MP. I could feel the outside turning slightly cooler than before, so I'd say--around nighttime at this point.

I should--just for now--take a nap, leaving [Sense] on, hopefully improving my MP recovery...

I shouldn't spend so much time thoughtlessly thinking, as a newborn child...

132