Part 3
176 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8.

I finally met my new big boss, Sect Master Hei. Just for him, I grace him more than a nod and greet him by his title.

He looks friendly. A handsome uncle with a tidy beard.

He keeps on asking me if I'm doing well, if I have enough food and materials. 

Since he had nicely asked me, it would be rude of me to not accept his generosity. But I also hope that the food he delivers would consist of more varieties other than vegetables. 

But my 'yes, sir' attitude started another wave of rumor about me.

"Peak Master Shi must have been bullied by the materials department!"

The old man that is in charge of the distribution of the materials suddenly shrunk his back, as if sensing hostile gazes directed at him.

… Erm, have I accidentally thrown someone into a pit?

 

9.

Fortunately, this cultivation world does not require cultivators to abstain from human food if they do not wish to. 

Freedom of choices!

The round table is quickly filled up with different dishes and my eyes immediately stray to the meat dishes.

No matter how pretty the vegetable dishes are presented, I've sworn not to touch any vegetables for tonight's feast!

I carefully maintain my icy expression as I grip tightly onto my chopsticks, already in the right pose to start the first round of food war.

As soon as Big Boss starts moving his chopstick, it's the signal to start eating! Fortunately, the other cultivators that shared the table with me have no interest in the food, only interested in gossiping!

Itadakimasu!

Wow, such a big juicy roasted duck! My favorite!

My roasted duck, how can you be so delicious? I can feel tears gathering in my eyes when its taste spread all over my mouth! 

I will not waste your sacrifice and eat you well and thoroughly! 

It is good that everyone is kind and understanding to not touch my roasted duck when they see my chopstick keeps on returning for the roasted duck.

In return, I will leave the vegetable dishes for you all!

 

10.

"Peak Master Shi, our sect had recently accepted a new batch of disciples. One of them has a great talent that would suit your path of cultivation well. How about you take a look and see if he has the fate to be your disciple?" Big Boss asked.

If he is a noisy auntie like mine back in my hometown, I would have assumed he is trying to introduce a young man to be my boyfriend.

But he is my boss that works hard to swallow talented youth into his company and hopes for me to pass down my knowledge to the new blood.  

Directly throwing a big project at me, worthy of being a Big Boss indeed.

But Big Boss, I fear I would ruin your young talent if you ask me to teach.

Not even your 'make me proud' smile will change my mind. 

Yoga is the only sport that I know how to teach!

7