Chapter 4: More Discoveries
3.5k 4 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After our little moment of happiness, we began to settle down. Both of us seemed to be exhausted after everything that had happened today. Within the last few hours, I turned into a slime, somehow got transported to another world, met Heather, learned to transform into a human form, came out to Heather, and transitioned using slime powers. Quite a full day if I do say so myself. I looked out the window and noticed it was starting to get dark. The microwave in the kitchenette had a clock on it that read 7:23. I started feeling hungry. What time did I even wake up in this world?

“Hey Heather? What time do you think it was when you found me?” I asked.

Heather was currently sitting on the couch with her eyes closed. She scratched her head thinking.

“I think… it was around two or three o’clock,” she said unsure.

“I’m actually starting to get a little hungry…” I told her.

Immediately, Heather got up and rushed to the refrigerator. She began scanning the stuff inside. I tried to take a peak and noticed most of the stuff inside was meat. There were only a couple things of vegetables. It seemed she decided on something, grabbed it, and placed it on the counter. It was ground meat.

“I think I’ll make some hamburgers. Haven’t had any in a while so this should be fun,” Heather had a wide smile on her face, “It’s also been a while since I had anyone over to cook for,”

“That sounds delicious. I look forward to it,” I told her.

Before she started cooking, she put a glass of water in front of me. I thanked her as she began shaping the burgers. Even though I didn’t feel like I was thirsty, I still drank the glass of water. I guzzled it down and gently placed the glass back on the counter.

“Geez that was quick,” Heather remarked, “If you want more, you can get it from the sink,”

It seemed like a thing to do so I walked over and refilled my glass. I think I guzzled a couple more glasses before I decided to stop. Why did I do that? I wasn’t thirsty. It was almost like I was drawn to the water. I walked over and sat back down on the bar stools. Watching Heather work reminded me of my dad. He was the one who did all the cooking in the house.

Heather turned to me and her eyes went wide, “When did you do that?”

I was confused, “Do what?”

Her eyes gestured downward. I looked down and saw what she meant. Holy hell! When did my boobs get this big?! They were practically the size of watermelons. I shrunk them back down the size they were before.

“How did that happen?” Heather asked.

“I have no idea,” I told her.

Heather looked like she had a lightbulb moment. She ran over to her laptop. I decided to monitor the burgers while she did that. They were splashing a lot, but the grease guard kept it contained. A moment later she placed the laptop on the counter and told me to watch it. I sat back down while she continued to work on dinner. Open on the laptop was the video from before with Dr. Francis.

“One of the questions I hear is how do slimes grow? Well, contrary to popular belief, slimes don’t actually consume living creatures or objects to grow. Those are usually just to sustain them, or satiate their hunger. Even then, they don’t eat stuff that other living creatures don’t eat. The reason they grow is because they consume liquids. Most slimes are naturally drawn to liquid and will want to consume them endlessly. The more they drink the more they grow. That’s why you can sometimes find slimes the size of buildings in rivers or lakes. Sapient slimes, like myself, can still control their size no matter how much liquids they take. Their size is limited by how much they’ve consumed. They can be as small as they want, but not as large as they want. One of the funny things is that you don’t necessarily need to change your whole size,”

The doctor’s arm began extending and started waving all about the place. I could have extendable arms? That was so damn cool! I wonder what else I could do…

“Like I just demonstrated, you can extend your arms quite the distance. Combined with a bunch of other qualities of slimes, you could do some pretty neat tricks. That reminds me, did you know slimes could change their density? This also depends on how much liquid the slime consumes. It can become as hard as steel and you could still move it easily,”

Someone from off screen brought out a large stone on a cart. The stone looked to be about the size of a small child and very heavy.

“One of the most amazing things is the amount of strength an extremely dense slime could lift. For example, I myself could lift this heavy rock with just one hand. While it is not as impressive as… say… a gorilla beast-man’s strength, it is still one the high end of the spectrum. Though I will say, the slime you find in the wild will be nowhere near as strong. Slime have a few weaknesses as well, their greatest one being their core,”

I looked down at myself. Of course, I couldn’t see my core with the clothes and dyed skin, but I could definitely feel it in my stomach. It felt almost like the heart. Well… it basically was my heart, but did it function like a heart?

“The core is basically the heart,” yes I already know that, what else, “It even functions like a heart. Sometimes you can hear it mimic the heart of the form a slime takes. It’s normal resting place is the center of the body. In a human form, it’s usually around the navel and it’ll react just like a human heart. The core itself looks like a crystal. It can easily be damaged too, so we slimes have to be very careful,”

Well, now I knew my weakness and how important my core was. I started to experiment using what the video said. The first thing I did was attempt to grow my arm. It felt just like when I shaped myself, but it was more of an outward growth. I tapped Heather on the shoulder and retreated my arm. She looked very confused before she realized what just happened.

“Did… you just tap me?” she asked.

I extended my arm a little and gave her a wave.

“Turns out I can do more than just shape myself,” I said with a smirk.

“That’s so cool. I’m honestly envious. You could grab a snack from the couch without having to get up,”

“I know! I can’t wait to use it more,” I was grinning quite a lot. This was probably the happiest I’d been in years.

I decided to play another prank on Heather. She seemed to be finishing up so I would do it before she turned around. I thought hard about the form I wanted to take and slowly but surely, I could feel my body change. A new appendage appeared and sound came through a different place than usual.

“Alright I fini-” Heather said as she turned around.

Standing right in front of her was an almost carbon copy of herself. I started laughing out loud. Her face was too precious! She was practically dumbstruck by me. Her jaw had dropped she was so amazed.

“Uh… can you not do that… it’s a little embarrassing,” Heather said very quietly. Wow she was blushing hard. She had to turn away from me as well.

“Sorry. I didn’t know you would be that uncomfortable,” I told her as I reverted back to my human form. I came up with an idea right there. Quickly, I searched up a specific species on her laptop. Once I found the right picture, I applied the parts to myself. My hair began to change color to auburn, ears formed on the top of my head, and a large, fluffy tail formed behind me.

“How about it?” I said grinning wildly, “A fox and a wolf?”

Heather began to laugh out loud. Wow, she was laughing really hard. I thought it was funny, but not that funny.

“I’m sorry!” she said wiping away tears, “It’s just the stuff you come up with is just so random and hilarious!”

I could feel the heat rushing to my face. This just became more embarrassing for me. I shrunk the tail and ears back into my body. Why was I doing this stuff? Aaaahhhh! I was so embarrassed!

“It’s okay! I actually thought they were pretty cute. If you don’t want to have them that’s okay! I just want you to feel comfortable,” She tried to reassure me.

Just hearing that she was thinking of me made me relax a little. I was still embarrassed, but she eased it a little.

“Alright!” Heather exclaimed, “The burgers are done! I’ve got some condiments and chips in the cabinet. Let’s eat!”

We began chowing down on our food. It was as delicious as I thought it would be. The juicy meat left my mouth watering. This was practically heaven. As the evening died down, we began watching some movies. There were a lot of similar movies to my world, some with different titles. As we finished a movie about a mermaid and a werewolf, I decided to ask Heather something that was on my mind.

“So… I’ve told you a lot about myself… but what about you? I have no idea what growing up in this world is like, and I’d like to know more about you,”

Heather sighed. She took a long sip of her beer and laid it down empty.

“Well… I guess I should tell you my story,”

 

And here is chapter 4. There's going to be plenty of slime shenanigans in the future. Next chapter will be all about Heather! I hope you will enjoy our wolf-girl's backstory!

94