Chapter 7: New Experiences
2.8k 4 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through Seabrook City reminded me of New York City. It was bustling, lots of traffic, the smell from sewer lines and subway stations occasionally stunk the street, giant billboards, people of all different races and colors, and lots more. We were probably walking through some of the busier streets. I was very uncomfortable; I never liked cities. They made me feel claustrophobic and the noise hurt my head. It made me want to shrink into the size of a pebble.

“Hey, are you okay?” Heather asked me.

“It’s just… cities aren’t really my favorite,” I told her, “I’ll be fine! I just need to get adjusted,”

“If you need a break just let me know,” Heather reassured me.

“Thanks,”

“Hey Celly! There’s a B&M over here! Let’s take a look!” Lily shouted as she ran ahead.

“Ugh… say, what was the nickname she gave you?” I asked Heather.

Her face looked like I just unveiled her deepest secret, “Hea,”

“How bad do these nicknames get?” I was truly amazed as to how bad they were.

“You don’t want to know,”

“How did you get her to stop?” that was what puzzled me. When Lily called out to Heather in the terminal, she used her name.

Heather put her finger to her lip. “That’s a secret,” she mused.

“Hurry up already! We don’t have all day!” Lily beckoned.

We began searching the store and Lily just kept grabbing one thing after another. Eventually she dumped me into a changing room with a pile of clothes.

“Can I just start out with a couple things? I have terrible taste in clothing so I will end up looking like a disaster if I am left along with this pile,”

“Just find a couple things, or a dress, or something and put them on! It’s no big deal,” Lily told me.

“Okay…” I was feeling super anxious. What was I supposed to wear in this heap of clothes?! I started digging through it. There was a light blue dress, a nice white blouse, a mini-skirt… thigh-highs… was that a virgin killer sweater? Why is a store selling something like this? No way in hell was I gonna wear something that… erotic. I grabbed a long black skirt and the white blouse and quickly changed into them.

“Stylin! I like it!” Lily applauded me, “Okay… how about you try these?”

I took off the ones I was wearing and put on denim shorts and a light blue crop-top. When I exited the room, similar comments were heard from Lily. Heather on the other hand, was she blushing?

“I think you look pretty cute,” I heard her say. I could feel my face heating up again. What was this woman doing to me? I looked back at the pile of clothes and knew what I had to do next. Moments later, I stepped out of the room.

“Hot damn sweetheart! You are lookin sexy!” Lily was really enjoying this.

Heather’s face was bright red now. What she saw was me in thigh-highs… and the virgin killer. If this was an anime, she’d definitely be having a nosebleed right now. Suddenly, Heather pushed me into the changing room and closed the door.

“Why are you wearing that? Did Lily force you to do it?” she whispered hastily.

I shook my head, “No… I did this myself. The clothes were in the pile and I just decided to put them on. Funny enough, a few minutes ago, I didn’t think I would ever put something like this on,”

Heather was confused, “Why did you put it on?”

I was ashamed to admit it, but I did, “Because… I wanted to see how you’d react,”

I slunk to the floor, “Ugh… what am I doing? I’ve been feeling so funny ever since I met you, and that was only yesterday. I don’t know what this feeling is… Can you just… leave me alone for a sec? I’m gonna grab a few clothes and go check out,”

Heather quietly exited the changing room and left me alone.

‘What am I doing?’ I asked myself, ‘Heather is so kind and caring. Maybe it’s just because I’m in another world and I have no one else to rely on. My mind is moving on this way too fast! This isn’t right,’

I grabbed a few tops, a few bottoms, and a couple dresses before heading to the checkout line. Lily went ahead and paid for everything. Actually, I had no idea what the currency was here. Was it dollars like in my world?

“Your total is 180 dollars and 91 cents,” the cashier said. Okay… maybe the title was different, like Freidian dollars or something.

“Alright… let’s get going! I’m gonna get you a whole makeup set so you’ll be looking even cuter!” Lily said.

She pulled me off to the side and whispered, “I also got you a little something,”

I opened the bag she gave to me inside… was the virgin killer. At this rate, the one whose virginity is going to be taken is me. I sighed and just took it.

“Hey, when did it start raining?” I heard a customer say. Outside it was absolutely pouring.

“It didn’t say it was going to rain today, did it? We don’t even have umbrellas,” Heather pointed out.

“There aren’t any plants here either so I can’t make ones for us,” Lily complained.

An idea came to mind. I grabbed Heather’s arm and dragged her back to the changing room. Locking us both in a room again, I told her what I was going to do.

“Do you think that’ll work?” she asked.

“It’s worth a shot,”

“Okay… but make it quick,”

A minute later, Heather stepped out of the room with a golf umbrella. Surprisingly, whenever I changed to a different look, my texture changed to match. This meant I looked like an ordinary umbrella to any passerby. My core was on the underside of the middle of the umbrella. I was completely aware of my surroundings as well. My eyes were tiny little dots on the outside of the umbrella. It was weird, but it was nice to be useful… in an unconventional way.

“Where’s Celly?” Lily asked as Heather approached her, “And where’d you get the umbrella?”

“She’s here. Let’s get going,” Heather began to leave the B&M.

“Hold on! What are talk-” Lily grabbed me and recoiled.

“Not here. Outside,” Heather told her.

Lily nodded and followed Heather outside. When we got out, Heather unfurled the umbrella. I was in absolute bliss at that moment. Water was dripping down all over me and I just kept absorbing it. I made sure I didn’t grow at all, but I was still taking it all in.

“So, is Celly the umbrella?” Lily asked.

“Yep,” Heather said plainly.

“Why? How?”

“She’s a slime,”

It seemed like she didn’t believe her, until she reached out and touched me again.

“Dryad’s can feel life force in living things, especially plants,” Heather explained, “Right now, I bet she just recognized your life force as something she hasn’t had much experience in,”

“So… Celly is a sapient slime? That’s so cute! What do you look like when you’re in your slime form? Is it adorable? Is it cute? Is it horrifying?!” her mouth was just running with words at the moment. I didn’t really know how to answer her… considering I was currently an inanimate object. We walked and Heather began explaining my story to her. About how I was human and woke up a slime, how I’m from another world, and how we met.

“That’s,” *sniff* “Such a touching story,” Lily blew her nose on a tissue.

“Yep, and that’s how we got here,” Heather finished.

They continued to chat it up. About ten minutes later, the rain began to let up. I got Heather to go into a bathroom to get me back in human form. Heather gave me the clothes she let me borrow. Before we went decided to go back to the station, we stopped at a lingerie store and a makeup store. I finally had my own underwear that felt comfortable. We were half-way back when we passed the alley. Between the major stores and the train terminal there was a residential area. Alleys were abundant, but this one in particular caught my eye. Specifically, I noticed someone hitting something… which turned out to be a person. I was scared, but I wanted to do something.

“Celeste?” Heather asked as I dipped into the alley.

“Hey!” I yelled to the guy. He turned around to me… and he was massive. I think he might’ve been an orc of some kind. His skin was green and he was at least a good two feet taller than me.

“Fuck off punk. This ain’t got anything to do with ya,” he dismissed me.

“Let him go!” I shouted.

“You looking for a beatin’?” he looked like he was winding up for a punch.

“Celeste!” Heather shouted.

“Stay back!” I told her. Being heroic was definitely not my thing, but I still didn’t think Heather stood a chance against this muscle-head.

“How about… an arm wrestle?” I asked the big guy.

“With those puny arms? I’ll break you in half,”

“What? You chicken?” I teased. That seemed to hit a nerve. I saw the orc bring his arm up. Before he could hit me, I crossed my arms in a block. The punch connected. My body was now super dense. The rain from before had given me a lot of reserves. I pushed back on him and got him off balance. Mimicking something I saw in an anime, my right arm grew to a massive size and became super dense. I put everything I had into it, and hit him square in the chest. The guy flew twenty feet and slid on his back another ten feet. Confident I had knocked him out, I ran over to the person he was beating. It was a human male around my age. His face was covered in blood, probably a lot of broken bones too.

“Call an ambulance!” I shouted to Heather and Lily. They both stared at me without moving.

“NOW!!!” I yelled at them. Lily began fumbling through her purse for her phone. I looked over to the guy. I heard him make a small noise.

“Hey, stay with me. What’s your name?” he didn’t say anything, just kept moaning. Did he have a concussion?

“Hurry it up!” I yelled. Not too long after Lily made the call did an ambulance and a couple police cars show up. Two police officers were checking the unconscious orc man. As the paramedics were taking away the human in a stretcher, Lily gasped.

“Kevin?!”

“I’m sorry to ask this, but can one of you come with us to the hospital?” one of the paramedics asked.

“He’s my ex… I’ll go,” Lily said urgently.

“Okay… then I’ll need one of you to come down to the station with me,” an elf police officer said to me and Heather. I could feel my anxiety rising. What would happen to me? Since I punched the orc guy, would I get arrested as well? My mind was racing and I felt my breath begin to quicken. I felt Heather wrap her arms around me from behind.

“We’ll both go,” she said.

“Alright… get in,” the officer said, “We’ll just need you to give a statement. It’ll be necessary to press charges,”

When we entered the car, I felt my anxiety levels rise. Heather kept holding me to calm me down. She held me closer as we moved.

“It’ll be okay…” she said with a reassuring smile. I trusted her, and we set off for the police station.

 

The anime (in case you were wondering) was Brand New Animal (BNA) I actually wanted to mimic Michiru's abilities, but decided that would probably just be a cop out and unoriginal. I did like the 'Gorilla Punch' so I decided to add that in. Michiru best girl/tanuki

Update: Edited for continuity

73