Chapter 8: Police Station
2.6k 9 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ride to the police station was tense. When we got to the station, we were taken to a room separate from the bullpen. We were told to sit on a sofa next to a desk while the officer took care of something. I just couldn’t relax no matter how much Heather was comforting me. After fifteen minutes of waiting, the elf officer from before walked in an sat at the desk.

“Hello. I’m Officer Lee Percus. Can you tell me what happened in the alley?” Officer Percus’ voice was stern and demanding.

“Well, we were walking back from our shopping trip when she saw the orc in the alley beating up someone. She rushed over to help him and then she… we fought him off,” Heather told him.

“Okay… That’s not the whole truth… right? We checked the perp on the scene and instead of going away in the back of one of our cars, he had to go in the back of another ambulance. Seven broken ribs, a broken sternum, potentially punctured lungs and he’s gonna have a hell of a headache when he wakes up. Based on the scene we were able to tell the perp was hit with a tremendous amount of force. Considering the perp was found unconscious thirty feet away from the crime scene, there is no way you just fought them off,”

Officer Percus opened his desk drawer and placed a crystal on the table. It looked greyish and opaque.

“Now… be honest with me. What caused the perp to fly that distance?” He glared at both of us. I had a feeling that crystal was some sort of lie-detector. Guess, we had to tell the truth.

“It was me. I… punched him that distance,” The crystal on the desk gave off a small green glow.

“I see. How did you manage such a feat? Magic perhaps?”

“No. It was just me,” the crystal continued to glow green.

“What are your names?” he asked. I realized now that I had no documents, no proof of my existence. If he was searching us up, we were going to be in a lot of trouble.

“Heather. Heather Jackson,” Heather told him. I hesitated.

“Your name?” He was starting to scare me.

“Celeste Lowe!” I said quickly. He began typing on the computer on his desk. What do I do? I could feel myself going into an anxiety attack.

“Celeste… hang in there,” Heather said gently. It wasn’t helping I my breath was fast and my chest was hurting.

“Celeste you have to focus,” She grabbed my face and pointed it towards her. I could feel myself slowly spiraling downwards. ‘This is the end of me. I just know it,’ Then, she did something I never would have expected… She kissed me. In that moment, I only focused on her. What on Earth was she doing? I pushed her away.

“Better?” she asked. I could actually feel my anxiety going away followed by embarrassment. My breath was slowly reaching normal and my face started heating up yet again. I wanted to curl myself into a ball and hide myself from the rest of the world.

“Ms. Lowe. Unfortunately, we do not have your identity in our system. Do you have some form of identification you can give me?”

I shook my head. Officer Percus sighed.

“Are you an illegal immigrant?” he asked.

“Not exactly,”

“What is your race?” he asked.

“I’m… I’m a slime,” this time, the crystal glowed both green and red.

“Interesting. That’s not something you can tell a half-truth about,” Percus said, “Sapient slime eh? Tell me your story,”

I looked to Heather and she nodded. It seemed like it was okay to tell him so I began the long story. Afterwards, Percus looked at us… and just gave a small chuckle.

“So that’s how it was. Haven’t seen a traveler in quite some time,” he smiled as he reached into his desk and pulled out a bunch of papers, “Fill these out and make an appointment over at the Department of Identity. When you call, tell them Officer Percus from the SBCPD told you make an appointment. I’ll give them more details to make things smoother,”

“Hang on a second, you actually believe me?” I was curious why he was just letting us go.

“I don’t need a truth spell imbued crystal to see you aren’t lying,” his tone went from stern to amused, “I’ve seen quite a few travelers back in the old days. Quite the odd fellows, but they all came from around the same time period, which I assume you have as well,”

“Travelers… do you mean people from other worlds?” Heather asked.

“Yep. Most of them turned into mercenaries or became heroes. Though nowadays heroes aren’t really needed. I think the last one I saw… damn I think it was 1365. Usually young’uns as well. Some of them did wind up becoming new races, like you,”

I practically jumped out of my seat hearing that, “Do you think there are any around today besides me? Is there a way back?”

“Who knows? As far as a way back, I’ve heard you can send a person to another world with magic, but you’ll be drawn back here after a week. You can also use magic to get a glimpse of other worlds. Keep in mind this magic is very rare and not many people can do it. I’ll see if I can drum up something for ya. I bet you miss your folks,”

Those last words made me tighten up a bit. It was true. I missed my family so much. If I died back in my world. They would be so devastated. I needed to let them know I was okay.

“Please… I want to let them know I’m okay,”

Percus understood, “Alright. I’ll try to find something as soon as possible. Not many people practicing magic these days so it might be hard to find,”

“Thank you,” I told him. My eyes were starting to form tears yet again. I could see my family again! Even if I had to come back, I could spend time with them!

“Alright… You’re free to go. Oh! Ms. Lowe, try not to get someone killed,”

“Will do Officer,” I said as we left the office. After leaving the police station, we met up with Lily and walked back to the train terminal.

“How’s Kevin?” Heather asked.

“He’s stable. His parents came once I called them. He should be fine now,” Lily didn’t seem so cheery anymore. She did see her ex beaten to a bloody pulp.

“Hey Lily… how about I let you dress me up and put on some makeup tomorrow?” I tried to cheer her up.

“Really?!” her mood brightened almost immediately. It was like she had instantly forgotten about all the bad things that just happened.

“Also,” I shaped my body to look like hers, “If you need a model to decide what clothes to wear, here I am!”

She was beaming with happiness, “That’s so freakin awesome!! I can put clothes on you I would want to wear and see how they actually look on me! Celly you’re the best!”

There was the nickname again. I’m gonna regret making that offer, but it was worth it to brighten her mood. When we reached the terminal, we went out separate ways. The train ride back was tiring. We sat in silence for most of the ride, but there was something I needed to ask.

“Hey um… I wanted to ask… about that… thing earlier at the station,” I managed to get it out.

“What thing?” she asked. I couldn’t tell whether she was that dense or she was messing with me.

“The um… kiss. Did that mean anything?”

“Oh yeah… sorry. I just kind of did it in the moment. It seemed like the only thing I could do,”

“N-n-no! It’s okay! I didn’t mind it! Really!”

“You sure?” she asked. Sounded like there was a lot of hope in that question.

“Just…” I felt myself blush hard as I said this, “Just let me know… when you’re gonna do it next time,”

Heather was now blushing as well. We were one blushing duo. God, I don’t know what it was about Heather, but she was just… amazing. Like beyond amazing in a way I don’t understand.

“Is it alright… if I do it right now?” she asked.

“I guess… I don’t know the first thing about kissing so could yo-” I didn’t even have time to finish my sentence. She put her hand on my face, slowly turned to me, and put her lips against mine. WHAAAAT THEEEEE FUUUUUUCCCKKK!!!!

 

And so it begins... Damn I wish this was me.

86