Chapter 17: Recovery
2k 9 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This Chapter Is From Heather’s Perspective

 

Everything hurt, I couldn’t tell where I was. I remember somehow ending up at Angela’s and collapsing, but that was it. Slowly, I opened my eyes. The ceiling above me was one I was unfamiliar with. Every part of me ached. My arm where it had been broken, the claw slice on my back, all the bruises on my face and my broken nose. I slowly turned my head and saw Celeste lying on the bed next to me. Her face in the morning was so cute. She was curled into a ball holding onto my hand. Her eyes began to flicker as I reached up and touched her face.

“Hey there slime girl,” I said with a smile.

“Heather!” She hugged me, but I winced and she quickly let go.

“Heather’s awake!” she shouted to the rest of the house. Mom and Angela came rushing into the room.

“Oh goodness! My baby!” Mom held my head in her arms, “I shouldn’t have let you go,”

“I’m okay Mom,” I told her. It was embarrassing having Mom do this in front of Celeste, but it was still comforting.

“You really scared us. What did you even do?” Angela asked.

I recalled the details from last night…

 

When I left, I had gone to Dad’s house. The place was a mess. The grass was overgrown and trash was littered all over the place. Flashes of light from a TV danced on the blinds. Hesitantly, I rang the doorbell. Dad wasn’t answering. The door itself was open so I let myself in. Dad was lying in recliner watching the TV with a beer in his hand.

He turned to me and his face filled with anger, “You…”

“You need to stop,” I needed to get this over with. He stood up and began walking over to me.

“You think you can tell me what to do?” He grabbed my shirt collar.

“No. I don’t think I can. But Mom is suffering. I won’t let you hurt her anymore,” I knew what was going to come next. It was always a rule in this family. Sort things out with a fight.

“You bitch!” he threw me into the wall. I dodged right before he made contact with my face. Transforming into my beast form, I punched him in the ribs. He wasn’t fazed and punched me in the face. I fell to the ground, and he started relentlessly beating me. Reaching behind me, I grabbed on of his beer bottles and cracked it over his head. Blood began dripping down from his forehead. I raked at his side with my claws making gaping wounds. He grabbed his side and charged at me. I slid underneath him and raked the inside of his leg. He buckled and fell onto his leg. Quickly, I turned around and tried slicing him. He caught my arm and with one strike broke it. I almost fell right there. The taste of blood filled my mouth. I tried to run, but he raked my back with his own claws. The combination of the burning slice on my back along with the broken arm was weighing me down. One more time, I grabbed another beer bottle and smashed it over his head. I started slashing at him with all that I had. Eventually, he didn’t look like he had any strength left. I was going to collapse as well. My head was hazy, but I managed to call an ambulance for him. Somehow, I ended up driving to Angela’s house despite my haziness…

 

“So… he’s not dead,” Angela said with a hint of disappointment.

“It’s fine. I beat him. He won’t ever bother us again,” I reassured them. I was certain that would be the case. He might’ve been a drunkard and an alcoholic, but he was still a part of this family… this wacky messed up family.

“How do you feel?” Celeste asked. Her beady blue eyes were so full of worry.

“I’m sore, but not in too much pain,” I managed to lift my left arm. For some reason, it didn’t seem broken, but it hurt a lot.

“We tried using the medicine for your dad on you,” Celeste explained, “I managed to cover your entire body, but it doesn’t seem to be a miracle worker. Every part that was severely damaged is going to hurt for a while. That’s what Ms. Lonestone told us,”

I pet her head. She seemed to like that now, “Thank you my little slime girl,”

Her face went extremely red. Mom and Angela were both starting to giggle. I guess it’s funny to see a relative flirting with their girlfriend. Afterwards, we got up and ate breakfast. We made sure Mom was okay before leaving her with Angela. The Kleins were going to help Mom move out from Dad’s place.

Celeste drove us home. The ride back she was telling me about how worried she was. I promised her never to do that again. When we got back home, she took charge of making sure I was okay and not pushing myself. She refused to let me do any of the housework. I spent the day watching TV and taking pain meds.

I was satisfied with all that was happening. Celeste went home and got to reconnect with her family. I met them and became a part of their family. Soon after, I reconnected with Mom and Ashley, freed Mom from Dad’s grip, and got to play the sick girlfriend for Celeste. Honestly, things are beginning to look up for both of us. Even though we had a lot of troubles, we were still there for each other. I honestly wish I had met her sooner.

 

Sorry about the shorter chapter. Recently, I've had a flare up of Crohn's disease. I probably won't be releasing as many chapters, but there will still be updates every day. Hope you enjoyed a little of Heather's perspective and her recovery!

71