Ch. 3 – Soul Forging
2.4k 10 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“BWWWOOOOOOOOOOMMM”

I look up and see a spear flipping in the air.

‘Thankfully there seemed to be shielded area after 20 yards down, it was probably there to prevent angels from helping those who accidentally fell.... that’s messed up.’

It felt I was falling for 30 min, but when I got there, I knew I fucked up. The black hole that was a small dot while on the stairs, ended up becoming at least the size of the moon. You could see on the edges that space was distorted, getting sucked in. Which probably meant this soul forging was going to be anything but soothing. Instant anxiety arose what if this place is a different hell?

‘It is what it is, can’t stop now.’

Once I entered the black hole I felt a gentle sensation followed by an immediate rip, like warm water on a band-aid. I felt something brush against my face until finally I couldn’t feel my face. Soon after, an intense pressure surrounded me, I tried looking around but realized I couldn’t.

‘Oh damn, that was my skin!?’

Not only was my skin removed but bones muscles and organs also. Only thing I can tell that remained is a small orange light which I seemed to be. The intense pressure was holding me still in midair I started to see a bright white light flying towards me.

“Fwooot”

‘KUAAACKKKKK’

When the white beam hit me it instantly spread inside.

‘Is this light going to dismember me?’

It felt like my soul was getting pulled in all directions. This went on for what felt like hours, maybe days. My sense of time must’ve been distorted as soon as I passed that invisible shield wall.

‘Oh no, two more!?’

Another white light plus a green light entered the mix, except I could feel that the green light was trying to hold me together.

‘AYO WHAT THE FU-'

*

“BWWWOOOOOOOOOOMMM”

“Damn useless human dares speak to me that way!?”

“I should’ve taken his soul and fed him to Cerberus myself.”

The warrior angel was pissed. That was the first human who dared to speak to him this way, as a warrior he couldn’t let it slide. The level of irritation, rage, and confusion was obvious from the fat blood vessels on his forehead.

“Kyong, what are you doing?”

“Chief Michael?!... uh I uh....”

“You should know all Archangels can feel any killing intent in or near heaven, explain yourself”

Archangel Michael a black man with golden spartan like armor on and a spear and shield in hand. He also had a bigger version of a xiphos on his waist, wings that looked as if they could stretch about 20 yards shine a hue of gold along with two smaller wings below them, the pressure he was giving off caused everyone in the vicinity to freeze.

“Now now older brother, I’m sure there is an explanation for this, isn’t there Kyong?”

The man who seemed to appear from behind Michael was none other than Archangel Raphael. His visage was somewhat the same only he was a white man who wore blue Ancient Greek-like cloth and had no weapons on him.

“Y-yes chiefs, there was a human who was curious about the ascension route God placed for a sole human. I tried to convince him he wasn’t going to survive.”

“Let me guess, you said something disrespectful and he took it up a notch?”

“I was thinking the same Mike.”

Kyong grimaced and looked down towards the black hole.

“Huh!?”

“It seems that humans luck is amazing.”

The black hole that was there before grayed out and was slowly disappearing.

“It seems things will finally get interesting after a boring couple of millennia.”

*
After what felt like some years the lights eased up and I floated downwards or what felt like down towards a square grey light.

“Arghhhhhh cough cough cough”

Weirdly enough it was like emerging from a pool, I reached up and rolled on what felt like cold grass.

‘Soul forging was about the worst pain I’ve ever felt, maybe being quartered by horses feels better.’

I touched my body to make sure everything was in place.

“Thankfully the soul forge had the common courtesy to put me back the way I came.”

I sat up and looked around, dead grass with patches of mud and old trees without any leaves on them, the sky was gray and the clouds were a grey-white color.

‘I actually like it when it’s about to rain.’

“Now where in the fu-“

“FWUUOOMM BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM”

“Ohhhhhhhhh!!”

The sound of an intense explosion sounded off behind me, even making me fly off for about ten yards.

As I stood up and turned around I saw something absurd, a literal celestial dragon. The ones that floated without wings and they could even swim underwater, I think......

I was miles away but I could still visibly see it clearly on this dead flat grassland. It was fighting something else but I couldn’t make it out due to all the smoke surrounding it.

All of a sudden the smoke starts to get sucked in by something.

“Wait...... oh, OH SHIT!!”

The smoke was being sucked into the throat of another dragon this one with a more western appearance four legs, two huge wings and scales that could probably protect you from a nuke. In the year 2424 we started calling those maniacal dragons.

As it was inhaling the smoke you could see a dark blue flame emit from its throat.

“HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH”

“.............nahh no way.....”

A dark blue flame pillar emitted, reaching heights greater than the worlds tallest buildings. The recoil caused the ground to crack and shake, and the air pushed me back some more yards.

60