Ch. 48 – Goblin Raid Start
714 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our de facto leader jogged back to the group from the mouth of the mine. After arriving we held a little hearing about what to do next.

“Every time they’ve attacked it has been directly in front of the mine, at least that’s what the head miner informed me. My guess it’s anywhere between north and west of the gate. Plus they just attacked here again not to long ago.”

‘If I knew how to use my Physical Energy I could’ve restored us and we would’ve been here much faster.’

While shaking my head I spoke up about something else.

“Their village should be near a water source, the place is only 3 months old by now.”

It’s possible, but I doubted they’ve wasted time digging wells, so a nearby body of water is a good option.

Everyone nodded and pulled out their maps simultaneously. Lo and behold there was a huge lake just about 8 miles northwest of the mine.

“Do we all know the plan?”

He looked at each one of us and we all nodded

“Then we’re ready to get to work.”

It didn’t take us long to arrive at our destination, we looked for a vantage point and found one with a cliff not to far, but when we got there...

“What in the Three Saints is this...”

Lookin down at the village, it had grew gigantic, I doubt it should even be considered a village anymore.

“Shit! It’s basically a city now.”

Our de facto leader was thinking aloud, but I couldn’t help but agree.

The goblin city had used chopped trees as defensive walls. Just for perspective, the average tree here is basically a giant sequoia. The small city was basically in a ‘U’ shape with the open ended side going into the lake with a dock.

The crazy think is, instead of a city it looks like a war camp on the inside. Only tents put were put, every goblin there was male and wore their dainty armor most of the time. Worst of all...

“Damn.. Orcs.”

Those things were basically 7-8ft tall with tusks and a rough human appearance.

‘The worst thing is that they seemed coordinated.’

I was hoping they would’ve been somewhat unathletic, I forgot what planet I was on.

“Ahh shit..”

I pointed so the group could see what I see.

“We should do this before they upgrade the whole camp.”

An Orc blacksmith was busy forging what looked like adamantine weapons and even some armor was complete off to the side.

Mostly goblins were here and the Orcs were few in number, around five of them. It looked like a female Orc was in charge. She was near the middle of the goblins area checking some of the ore taken from earlier on.

The Orcs seem to be using the goblins to create better arms and armor. The Mehz Empire has better access to metals on this side of the absurdly large continent. In terms of ore the Orcs don’t have much to compare.

‘But an Orc blacksmith seems extremely rare. If I can sneak in and kill him, it would grab all of their attention.. swiping a weapon or two.. or five, seems good as well.’

I leaned over the cliff a bit to look and then looked back.

“Alright, I’ll go grab the Orcs attention. Then pull of the plan, remember, wait till they’re chasing me.”

Sachi clicked her teeth

“Tch, leave already you liar. They won’t catch you anyway, but still remember DON’T. GET. HIT.”

I chuckled and jumped off.

I just recently realized I’ve been moving around like a regular human. The spar between me and Sachi helped me realize that I no longer have to use my body the same way.

Before the spar I probably would have walked down the cliff like one would on earth. But at that height all that would do is get me weird stares. To them, jumping from 4-6 story height is regular, even kids would do it.

Now through this revelation I started to realize I’ve limited my own combat ability as well. Luckily I haven’t fought an Arch Human to the death, I fought those vampires but their weapons dictated the way they fought.

“Duuum”
“As I thought, perfect landing.”

I rolled as soon as I hit the floor but even that was unnecessary, there wasn’t the slightest form of force on the landing.

‘On earth my shins would be poking out of my shattered knees right now.’

After some minutes I arrived at the huge tree constructed wall. It had enough grooves in it to climb so I did.

‘How convenient.. reminds me of that one job in Florence.’

I soon ended up on top of the wall. There weren’t any ramparts or anything like that. Just a straight drop that I didn’t want to take due to the noise it would cause.

Luckily the placement of the forge was near the makeshift wall.

I was laying flat on my stomach atop of the wall, staring down at the smith doing his work.

“Daaang Daaaang Daaaang.”

The leading female Orc arrived with adamantine ore in her hands, it seems she picked some that were suitable for forging.

“*^%##>|}|”

<Orc Native Tongue: 25%.....50%...

“Would ^€** enough?”

90%...100%>

“That’s perfect Cy’Tana put them here.”

The female Orc named Cy’Tana put the materials down near the smith smiling, then waved and walked off.

‘I was expecting them to sound like goblins, but there is no awkward speaking structure.’

I looked to the anvil and a weapon was currently being made.

‘Should I wait for him to finish so I can loot the items or be an idiot and just kill him right away?’

We already know what the answer is..

33