Ch. 49 – Was it Worth it?
1.2k 10 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*

“Shit why is he just laying on top of the wall??”

The de facto leader was confused with what Fazil was doing. Everybody else was as well, every one except Sachi of course.

‘No. Fucking. Way. Is this fool waiting so he can loot? Nah, can’t be.’

Sachi knew she was smarter than most when it came to reading people but when it came to Fazil even she had her doubts.

Little did she know, she was right on the money.

*

30 minutes finally passed and the Orc blacksmith had completed his work. It was a large pure black double edge greatsword blade that reflected the sunlight. In the hands of an Orc it seemed like a regular wide claymore, to me, that was definitely the obnoxious fantasy blades of lore.

After he put on the silver and black hilt he went right into engraving the sword.

‘Weight, defense, gravity? Fuck no that’s overpowered. Wait how did I read that?’

——————————————————

Skills: Complete Sword Mastery, Complete Enchanting Mastery, Mirroring Mana Blade, Maniacal Mana Technique

——————————————————

My dumbass forgot I had Complete Enchanting Mastery already but due to me hiding it and not being able to use it without mana it completely slipped my mind.

‘Haaa~ such a good problem to-‘

“Fwooom”

A light shockwave emitted from the sword below indicating the completion of the enchanting process. The blacksmith was now observing his work.

“I shall name you... Death’s Arm.”

The blade shimmered after that. Causing me to instantly inspect it.

——————————————————

Name: Death’s Arm

Sharpness: SS-
Durability: SS
Enchantments: Increased Weight, Wide Defense, Attractive Force

——————————————————

‘Damn if used correctly this sword is devastating..’

The way to use enchantments are not as simple as I thought.

To utilize enchantments you have to concentrate your mana into the rune engravings on your sword. Not like Mana Blade where it covers your sword.

For instance, the Increased Weight enchantment consists of 4 rune engravings, in order to use it and increase the weight of your sword, you have to focus and pour your mana into those specific engravings. The amount of weight you’d get is equivalent to the amount of mana you put in.

There are also certain metals that can’t contain certain enchantments. Some also have a limit to the amount they can take.

Which is why Daigo’s Legacy, the sword Eiichi carries around is truly insane. The Unbreakable enchant.... literally makes the sword heal itself......... yeah.

The type of ore that may be? No one knows outside the Sendai Clan. Hundreds of thousands of blacksmiths have tried through the years, even when he was alive .

Most fighters don’t even have the mana control and prowess to bring out the full potential of their swords. The whole time I was carrying Gunne’s Surprise I couldn’t even use any of the enchants. But he probably didn’t expect me to use them until after graduation.

In the right hands your weapon can be an extension of your skill set.
In inexperienced hands, it’s just a regular weapon.

‘This is why I’m not in a rush to fight intelligent beings as of right now. But... I’ve always been a little reckless. Orc blacksmithing master.. thank you for the loot.’

I leapt off the wall with my longsword out pointing down.

My target was the top of his skull.

Once I got close enough I forced it downward to generate more force.

“Thsquelllch”

The sword went straight through his head, because of the angle he bent at upon impact, the sword ended up poking out his back.

‘Their skin is extremely thick I wasn’t expecting so much resistance.’

My sword felt stuck skewering the Orc, but after yanking with full force repeatedly it came out.

‘Now for the main attraction hehehe.’

If someone saw me now they’d see crest insignias in my eyes.

‘Death’s Arm get your beautiful ass over here, rack of spears, rack of swords, unknown chests, and of course the armor rack. Hahahaha is this how thieves feel?

——————————————————

Unawakened Storage Ring-

9/10 Slots in use

⁃ 7,350 Crescents
⁃ Gunne’s Surprise (broken)
⁃ Eye Contacts x10
⁃ Bundle of Clothes
⁃ Death’s Arm
⁃ Rack of Spears x3
⁃ Rack of Swords x3
⁃ Mana Sealed Chest x2
⁃ Armor Stand

——————————————————

‘Cutting it close almost had nowhere to put my longswor-‘

Looking down something caught my eye, the blacksmith’s hammer, I didn’t notice it until now but it looked elaborate and had engravings as well..... snatch.

“Crash”

Turning around an Orc dropped the ores while staring at the smiths dead body then towards me. It’s eyes glowed blue while he screamed and leaped towards me.

“INTRUDERRR ARGGGHH”

A huge shockwave came from his mouth.

I felt my body lag a little but I thankfully ended up rolling out of the way.

‘Was that a stun skill? Way of the Sword is truly a must have.’

After rolling I could see multiple Orcs storming my way.

“I’m gone.”

I immediately turned and took off towards the water, the smith was placed near the lake making it seem like the best getaway route.

Looking back I was actually wayyy faster than them but the green Orcs could keep up by taking giant leaps.

‘Seems.. oddly familiar.’

It was smooth sailing, until I saw one jump exponentially higher than the others to the point where she was almost on top of me. The leaps could easily clear 40-50 story buildings.

Looking closely I could tell it was the female Orc leader from before Cy’Tana.

‘Oh shit no... she’s crying’

I could see tears stream down her face, she did seem friendly with the blacksmith.

——————————————————

Name: Cy’Tana Zinuk
Age: 38
Class: Legendary Berserker
Mana Type: Red
Affiliation: Waterfall Kingdom (Alliance)
A.K.A: Daughter of the Fabled King Chief, The Vengeful, Near the Fabled

Strength: SS
Agility: B+
Stamina: SS
Constitution: A+
Intelligence: B
Willpower: A
Mana: A-

Passive Perks: Unbound Force (Hereditary), Perseverance (Heriditary), Body of Fabled Strength, Sense of the Wild, Natural Fighter, Heightened Physical Energy
Skills: Advanced-Upper Spear Mastery, Advanced-Lower Axe Mastery, Supreme Berserk, Domain of True Grit, Mountain’s Weight, World’s Revenge, Fabled Punch, Orcs Beginning ,Elite Thrust, Elite Parry, Mornings Return, Nightfall, Sacrificial Mana Technique

—————————————————

‘...fuck..’

“BOOOOOOOOOOM”

She landed right behind me and the shockwave knocked me off of my feet sending me flying. The Orcs behind her flew back and the tree walls fell down from the impact.

I was expecting to stop, but... I didn’t. My body was still going at high speeds even when I crossed over the lake.

I ended up looking like a skipped rock across half of the lake, and this lake could laugh at the Caspian Sea if it wanted to and I just crossed half of it involuntarily.

Floating atop the water I couldn’t help but wonder.

‘How have these Orc bastards not conquered the world already?’

Looking up I could see something coming down from the sky. With flames following closely behind it.

“aaaaaaaAAAAAAARRGGGH”

It was Cy’Tana, coming down like an asteroid from space.

I simply shook my head in disbelief.

“How the hell will I make it out of this?”

37