Ch. 51 – Can’t Touch It
1.2k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How the hell will I make it out of this?”

“Fwooom gwum BOOOOOOOOM”

An implosion could be seen sucking in the tree walls, tents, basically a large chunk of the goblin town. Immediately after it turned into an explosion sending massive amounts of energy out. A large mushroom cloud formed overhead

Cy’Tana’s downward trajectory got thrown off course, the trail of flame following behind her.

My situation fared well though, as a giant wave was now coming my way. Although it was speeding towards me, swimming under it shouldn’t be a problem.

Holding on to my sword I dove under, the water was dirty so opening my eyes weren’t an option.

But I felt the water distort and change shape while the temperature was steadily increasing. Medium size waves were slowly cancelling out the large one from the explosion.

‘Shit, what is she doing to cause this?’

I swam to the waters surface and carefully with extreme caution poked my head out of the water.

Cy’Tana could be seen leaping back towards the now decimated town. Easily stepping on water.

‘But of course you can walk on water with mana.... is that how Jesus did it?’

Ignoring myself I started to swim back towards the town, albeit reluctantly.

‘If Cy’Tana encounters the group they are as good as dead, no matter if it is 15 vs 1.’

I was only slightly confident in distracting and holding Cy’Tana’s attention. Killing her was out of the question due to my current strength.

One thing was constantly on my mind as I swam back..

‘If she has two hereditary passives already, she must have got them from her father the Fabled King guy.. which means she may have at least four Saint tier skills.’

It wasn’t hard to tell that Fabled is the same thing as a Saint.

‘Hopefully the destroyed town has plenty of souls.. because I’m going to need them.’

Even with an overpowered Arch Human body it took me 5 minutes to get back to the shore.

I could see my party engaged in combat with dazed goblins easily dispatching them.

A stray Orc ran towards them and started to engage them.

‘Wait.. where is Cy’Tana??’

A sharp stinging feel could be felt on the right side of my head.

I ducked and a large axe passed over me, the wind pressure from the swing knocked me to the ground and even ripped the sleeve off my shirt.

I quickly stood back up while turning ready to face whoever attacked. Activating Deva Oculi all I saw was a fur boot with metal coverings aimed at my chest, all I could do was move slightly to the left to avoid getting my heart crushed.

“Shi- uck!”

My feet lifted off the ground as I started flying horizontally through the air cutting through the mushroom cloud, all I could feel was unbearable pain on my left collarbone, shoulder, and chest area.

I couldn’t even tell how far I flew, I was in the town when I took the kick, but when I opened my eyes, I was all of sudden deep in the forest. There was even a trench made under me from my fall, I was laying on something that looked like a dead deer or... unicorn?

It was gigantic with a brown coat and had a large spiraling horn coming out of its forehead. The horn even glowed slightly, giving off a warm aura.

I tried to move but my entire left side felt like it shut down, I wasn’t able to move that side at all.

A smooth bright light that I was familiar with shined above me, the animals soul.

‘This thing isn’t really a unicorn right? It’s brown, but does bad luck still apply if I eat the soul?’

I knew on earth there was a movie saying that if you drink unicorn blood it’ll heal you but your life will be cut in half. Does that apply for the soul as well?

I grabbed the hovering soul and brought it in front of my face. While contemplating I could see a figure a short distance away leisurely walking towards me.

“Damn.... Cy’Tana”

My heart sunk, a regular kick from her basically teleported me. The town I was in didn’t have a forest around it, the closest forest was about 2 miles, that’s over 10,000 feet.

She was now standing in the trench she helped create.

Her familiar boots were made out of black fur and had silver metal plating on them. She didn’t have pants, only a large metal waistband that connected to her loincloth that reached her knees. Her breast were covered in more black fur and silver metal plating, showing off her Amazonian like thick subtle green body. Her black wavy hair easily reached past her large legs stopping at her calf muscles.

She had a strong yet soft face, along with her red illuminating eyes it gave her and even more dominating appearance. Her ears had to be at least 5 inches long ending in a sharp point. Her tusk were small but that’s because she was a female.

I smiled bitterly, just a while back wasn’t I talking shit about not being defeated or killed. Now here I am, on a damn deer unicorn mattress. With an overpowered 7’5 Orc woman looking at me like the most evil being to ever exist.

You could here her squeeze her axe handle before she spoke.

“You will die slow Arch Human, that’s the only way I’ll acc-“

“Let’s quit the bullshit, ok? You brought that defenseless blacksmith into enemy territory and thought he wouldn’t die? He’s the main reason y’all were here, and he didn’t have better protection?”

Cy’Tana was stunned, an Arch Human learning the Orcs native tongue is unheard of.

She lifted her axe and pointed it towards me easily making the air around the swing move wildly.

“I don’t know how you learned our language, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’ll torture you slowly and then feed you to the worgs.”

“That tasted better than any I’ve had by far, top level cuisine indeed.”

Cy’Tana eyebrows twitched as she looked at me.

Steam could be seen rising from my body, the deformed collarbone and shoulder snapping back into place. The imprint of Cy’Tana’s foot that ripped through my shirt and created a permanent indention on my skin quickly healed back as well.

I stood up and lightly stretched.

“Sorry woman, but intimidation doesn’t work well on me. What the fuck is a worg anyway?”

While she was still stunned I took off running again, this time with Deva Oculi active so I would be able to see if she was right on top of me.

‘I can’t fight her up close with my longsword I’ll need something with better reach instead... the spear rack.’

But now there was an entirely new problem... I have no extra slots to place my longsword in the ring...

“I just hope Death’s arm will at least compensate me for my losses.”

I took out the spear rack, grabbed one randomly and put the rack back in storage.

Hopefully I can survive just keeping distance. Her speed was ass but the strength was undeniable. Her Constitution stat was also quite high.

A familiar figure could be seen leaping into the air above me.

39