Ch. 52 – Give Me a Break..
423 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cy’Tana was in the air ready to bring her deadly axe down on my head.

I threw the longsword at the legendary berserker and ran under her to force her to turn around.

Blocking the speeding longsword caused a shockwave while altering her momentum slightly.

As she landed I was already behind her sending a spear thrust to the back of her head.

With Deva Oculi, and Way of the Sword passives I could clearly see her next moves.

I leaped back before committing the thrust because her axe gave away her next action.

She spun while cleaving with the axe, granted she is not nearly as fast as me, but her pure power gives her a hidden weapon.

Not only do you have to worry about the weapon in her hands but also the wind generated from the swings.

‘I guess that’s the Unbound Force passive.’

I was in some shit.

‘Just got to stay patient for a way out.’

She ran forward using a strong stride, using her strength to make up for her slow speed slightly.

A downward strike was being sent my way.

I leapt to the side while the axe crashed to the ground causing a small chasm to appear where I once was.

I landed on my feet and felt the perfect position to throw a straight punch, which is the technique I guessed was perfect for the spears thrust.

Although the spear was made with the Orcs height in mind, my decent strength allowed me to one hand the spear.

I flexed my calf muscles, twisted my hips and focused all my strength into my spear as I thrusted towards her shoulder.

Right before I made contact, I twisted the spear, and a weird feeling surged through me.

Upon contact with her shoulder the spear slightly bent then instantly straightened.

The weird feeling turned out to be physical energy forcing the spear straight eventually braking her skin, but the spear stopped going in right after that.

I received gains with that basic move.

——————————

Skill: Beginner-Lower Spear Affinity Gained!

Skill: Beginner Thrust Lvl. 2 achieved!

——————————

‘Seems everybody is on level 1 automatically. The spear is also the most basic weapon in history on earth, so I’m not surprised about gaining that.’

The force of the stab forced her body to lean slightly.

She spun away swinging her axe as she did so.

I easily read and dodged jumping back.

She grimaced while she spoke.

“Tch, fast bastard.”

She clinched her right fist and a clear aura resonated from it.

It soon grew to cover her arm and I felt an absurd pressure cover the area.

‘Is this .... the Fabled Punch skill?’

The veins in her arm started to bulge and she started to sweat.

‘That’s a ridiculous amount of Physical Energy.’

There weren’t many masters of P.E in Arch Human society, but majority were in Tiara.

You couldn’t overlook the insane potential and boons that it brings, especially for those who were unfortunate enough to have little amounts of mana.

‘I need to get more of these skills..’

A smile appeared on my face as I looked at Cy’Tana.

I couldn’t help but wonder how quick I could reach a high level in these skills.

Cy’Tana snarled at me

“The fuck are you smiling for?”

She sent her fist towards to the ground, a cataclysmic event was sure to follow.

“Bitch are you crazy!!”

I instantly retreated back trying to get away as fast as I could.

All I felt was the ground suddenly shift, followed by a sound that could break eardrums.

Birds could be heard squawking as they flew into the air. Squirrels and other forest life started to appear hopping from tree to tree attempting to get away.

The forest started to rise and fall almost like it was becoming a maze in front of me.

The ground below me rose as well, trees splintering and crashing everywhere.

I kept running along the rising floor when all of sudden it dropped.

“Kuk”

I got serious butterflies in my stomach from the sudden drop.

Looking to my right there was a now crooked tree, the branches were reachable but that part of the ground was rising.

I had to act quick as the ground floor underneath was still falling.

Thanks to Divine Comprehension I could remember what it takes to use P.E after one use.

It actually needs you to use the majority of your body in one motion to access the energy.

But from Cy’Tana’s example just now, higher leveled techniques seem simpler to execute.

I crouched and leaped up feeling the physical energy move.

Grabbing the leaning branch I felt disappointed.

‘Looks like I need to practice my movement more.’

Looking at where I once was, the ground stopped moving and everything looked ruined.

Not only the area I was in got changed but the entire area about 300 yards around Cy’Tana got rearranged.

Looking at her from the newly created cliff, she was visibly panting.

The technique took a toll on the woman and this was my clear chance but it was also too convenient.

“There’s no way she would use that technique in a way that wouldn’t guarantee my death, would she?..”

Although it was weird to assume so, I wasn’t going to sit and wait for her to tell me.

As I turned to leave, I could feel a wave of energy explode out.

I just looked into the sky

“I’m going to need a break from missions if I make it out of this alive..”

20