Ch. 54 – Back to the City
568 0 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ride back was uneventful, mainly it was just my team constantly asking how I survived fighting Cy’Tana.

The miners also started looking at me with widened eyes. They seemed to think I was the strongest there.

But I was actually very limited, I could only run due to her somewhat low agility.

The good thing about that fight was that thrust ability I gained.

The spear mastery is useful as well, the reach it provided is also a huge reason why I live.

That’s when a weird idea struck me.

But first I need try something out once I return back to the city.

I also checked my status to see my gains.

—————————————————

Name: Fazil
Age: 17
Class: Lord of the Sword
Mana Type: Pure
Affiliation: Himself
A.K.A: Young One, Monster

Strength: B+
Agility: A
Dexterity: D
Stamina: SS+
Constitution: C+ —> B-
Intelligence: B+ —> A-
Willpower: B+
Mana: S-
Luck: A

Passive Perks: Deva Oculi, Divine Comprehension, Soul Devourer, Self Reflection, Evolutionary Body, Way of the Sword, Old Lord’s Movement, ????
Skills: Complete Sword Mastery, Complete Enchanting Mastery, Beginner-Lower Spear Affinity, Beginner Thrust lvl 4, Mirroring Mana Blade, Domain of True Grit, Maniacal Mana Technique

—————————————————

So that single kick to the chest from Cy’Tana raised my constitution.

The deer unicorn animal seemed to raise my intelligence slightly as well.

I need to find a way to gain better mastery of Physical Energy.

Especially during this one year time span where it’s undeniably crucial for my survival.

We kept riding fast until we neared the rest area where I first found out about Physical Energy.

The resurgence of other people going about their business calmed our nerves a bit.

As we got closer to the stone slab we started to ease up even more, Sachi dropped her hood and exhaled loudly, the guy with the silver helmet finally took it off as well ending the mismatching style he had going on.

He was an Asian guy, his black hair was medium in length.

He had a sharp chin and nose, he seemed like he belonged to one of those Korean boy groups, all he needed was dyed hair at this point.

We dropped the miners off at the eastern side of the city, there were groups of soldiers training nearby so it was the perfect place for them to file a report.

It took us some hours to get back to the guild because of us riding leisurely.

Once we got our reward the de facto leader turned to me and spoke.

“As promised I’ll give you two items.”

I smirked and shook my head lightly.

“I think it should be at least five now considering I went one on one with Cy’Tana.”

Everyone nodded their heads while his eyebrows twitched.

“Shit.. sure enough I can’t argue against that.”

We all entered a room made for groups to sit and plan in silence and divided the agreed payment.

“By the way, my name is Wilfred, if you ever need help just let me know.”

The leader finally gave his name out, probably wanted to avoid emotional attachment to some degree.

After I chose my five items and everyone received their individual payment, most decided to go their separate ways.

The Korean lead singer look alike turned to Sachi and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Sachi, should we head back to Taira now?”

Sachi was redoing her hair bun as she spoke.

“I see no problem with that”

Sachi turned her head towards me

“If you’re ever in the Adventurers Guild in Taira ask for me or my friend Isao right here.”

I gave a slight smile, we waved goodbye and eventually I was back alone.

I walked and rented a room that was in one of the connected buildings of the guild.

I laid the items down I had selected.

————————————————

Shadow Cuirass - (B-) Rank

• Slightly difficult to be seen in the dark
• Can significantly slow 3 hits near the chest area before entering a 15 min cooldown

————————————————

Shadow Gauntlets - (C+) Rank

• Creates a visual distortion depending on the speed of your hands

————————————————

Shadow Greaves (legging type) - (C+) Rank

• Creates a visual distortion depending on the speed of your legs

————————————————

Shadow Steps (Boots) - (B) Rank

• Increases Agility by one level
• Upon mana use allows the skill (Shadow Steps) to be used
• In the dark your steps are completely silent

————————————————

“No wonder I saw a slight tear fall from Wilfred’s eyes when I decided to get the boots to complete the set.”

The black leather set was what I needed.

It was also appealing to me, the sash like apron that hung over the middle and backside reminded me of those old Chinese action movies.

It was light almost too light, all that was missing was an undershirt to cover my arms for more protection.

“After I sell the weapons I can buy under armor.”

The last item I took was useless until I awakened.

————————————————

Storage Ring - (C+) Rank

0/100 slots in use

————————————————

After seeing this I realized I could scratch creating an inventory off my list.

Now all I needed to do was sell this loot I got from the Orc blacksmith and today would be a beautiful payday.

I took out the spears first.

They all were S ranked in terms of sharpness except for the one I used on Cy’Tana.

“Damn.. her skin was thick though.”

The sharpness fell to B-, it had a B ranked durability but it didn’t seem to hold up well against Cy’Tana’s A ranked Constitution.

With the idea I had in mind there was no need to keep any of them, now I could review the swords I gained next.

34