Ch. 56 – Maso City Library
551 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Murim...”

On earth it was a Chinese sometimes Korean fictional world filled with deadly martial artist.

Now on this planet, it was a large state on Tiara’s continent.

‘That place will definitely be a wealth of knowledge, I got to go check it out’

I turned my attention back to my sword-spear.

The double edged blade was about 3 feet long and turned into a dark silver color during the forging process.

It didn’t have a guard under the blade, but what acted like it was a cylindrical piece of Adamantine with one rune engraving on it.

Three other cylindrical pieces acted the same, each holding a specific rune.

Dark leather strips were tightly wrapped around the spaces in between where I’d grip the weapon.

Amara was looking at me scratching her head then finally spoke.

“I still feel like it’s a waste to put Qi Exchange as a rune though, now the weapon will struggle accepting mana.”

“Amara... without it, the difficulty of using Physical- I mean Qi with the weapon is much harder.”

Amara looked confused and then quickly realized raising her eyebrows.

“Ahhh right, I forgot you’re weak in terms of mana.”

“Exactly.”

The small crowd of blacksmiths soon dispersed.

They were all inspired by the creation they had just seen, rushing back to their forge rooms.

After a short conversation with Amara we said our goodbyes.

When I finally attempted to fully pick the Sword-Spear up its weight shocked me again.

“Hahaha why else would I have asked for so much help from you, that weapon is most likely a ton or two... maybe three.

“...... a ton or two?... maybe three?..”

My face froze as I looked down at the sword-spear.

Amara smiled hard

“In order to use that weapon comfortably you’ll need at least A- maybe A ranked strength. What did you expect out of Adamantine?”

She laughed got up from her chair, and walked away

“Happy training!”

“...”

*

“Happy training my ass...”

I was now in a training area inside the city, it was just a wide open field dedicated to pretty much anybody for practicing low level techniques.

The most basic way I could think of increasing my strength, I did that.

Bench pressing the sword-spear

“952....

Squatting the sword-spear

“987....

Even power cleaning it

“999, 1000!”

“Ha.. ha.. ha.. fuck it’s been at least two days of straight workouts but no increase in strength whatsoever....”

‘It was even a miracle I could do 1000 worth of anything.’

The attention span of anyone from 2424 was ridiculously short.

You want to eat without really eating?
Take this pill.

You want to lose weight?
Take this pill.

Movies were only 30-40 minutes long..

I didn’t want to take part in any of it.

It’s one of the main reasons people like were called me ‘Old Heads’.

I sat on the cool grass and looked up.

It was now the long night and two moons were illuminating the dark.

In the distant sky you could see rolling thunder clouds lit up by the constant coiling of lightning.

“I should head back before it rains... or better yet, find the nearest library.”

*

“Maso City Library.”

The place itself looks like a giant mansion from ancient Greek times.

The courtyard was beautiful, a familiar statue of Veronica Welsh was in the middle of of a large fountain that had large glowing flowers around it.

The building itself looked to be at least 5 stories and built in a angular ‘U’ shape.

Walking inside the place was lit up by the mana stones on the wall.

I walked to what looked like the librarian.

“Excuse me sir, do you know where the Physical Energy or Qi books are at?”

Looking up from his book the librarian smirked and pointed behind me.

“Those books are on the top floor on the far side where I’m pointing, there may be some that you can’t gain any knowledge from, so don’t be discouraged haha.”

I nodded and thanked the man.

‘If there are books that make Divine Comprehension struggle I’ll be glad.’

 

Had some family bullshi- that had me not feel like writing, I'm back at it though

28