Chapter 4
899 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

currently got a cover commisioned, if things go according to plan, then should be up soon. im hoping end of the week, but realistically i am expecting some point next week. 

After a day, there were many discoveries to be had. Ok, not really, but Max was trying to discover as much as he could while waiting for his mana to recharge. As for whether it was a day or not, he had no idea. He probably was not on earth anymore, and the new place he was could have a different kind of schedule. All he had for time telling capability was his mana pool and how fast it refilled. Though, other than how far he did not have much growth.

Name

Max

Race

Dungeon Core

Strength

N/A

Health

3/3

Dexterity

N/A

Mana

4/10

Endurance

1

Core size

5 mm

Intelligence

1

Bound Creatures

0

Wisdom

1

Area of Influence

11.5 cm

Charisma

10

Rank

1

Luck

5

Dungeon Points

0

Mana/min

0.1

Health/min

0.1

This was after he had finished counting out one earth-day, or 1440 minutes. It was negligible progress, but progress nonetheless. The only reason he was able to count that was due to the fact that apparently his new race did not sleep. He couldn't even go to sleep if he wanted. He just added that to the list of pleasures from his previous life that he missed.

The more time he spent as a gem on the ground, the more he realized how lucky he had been in his previous life. His parents passed when he was in high school, but had more than enough money left to him to last him for the rest of his life, should he have grown old. He was able to find and enjoy in the pleasures he had discovered in university fairly easily, being relatively good looking by modern views. And the simple things that he did not realize brought him so much pleasure that he missed out on now. Showers, baths, hell even brushing his hair had been an enjoyable time. Now he could do nothing but sit there and struggle to see farther by a millimeter every hundred minutes. Thus, he set some goals for moving forward.

Firstly, he had to make some money. Not just a one-time payment either, but something that was self-sustaining. After all, everything one could want in life could be acquired if one had enough money. Secondly, he wanted to make connections with the rich and powerful. Plenty of things were hidden by the upper class, deemed as too good for those below them, or were very exclusive that all depended on who you knew. His club he had before was a prime example of this. Thirdly, he wanted to gain access to a body once more. He desired nothing more than to once more partake in the desires of the flesh, losing himself in the euphoria. All in all, it sounded like his business degree he got in university would turn out handy after all. He just needed to come up with an idea for a start-up.

Those were items two through four of his to-do list, as the first thing he would need was info. There was too much unknown for him right now. How could he make money if he did not know what the local currency was? How could he make connections if he did not know who was in charge or what kind of system the local government followed? Was there a magic out there that would allow him to take a body? Or maybe create one for personal use? With mana being a thing, and the system being prevalent, magic wasn't too far-fetched of an idea. The trick was finding if there was one for his goals.

 


2 days later

After trying things for a couple days and slowly growing his AOI, as he started referring to his sight, he discovered a new screen. Sure, whenever he thought status in his mind, the same old screen showed up.

Name

Max

Race

Dungeon Core

Strength

N/A

Health

3/3

Dexterity

N/A

Mana

7/10

Endurance

1

Core size

5 mm

Intelligence

1

Bound Creatures

0

Wisdom

1

Area of Influence

14.3 cm

Charisma

10

Rank

1

Luck

5

Dungeon Points

0

Mana/min

0.1

Health/min

0.1

But now there was a new one. He had randomly gone through words, trying to open up anything new. Shop, talents, quests and even maps did nothing. When he finally got one to work, he felt like an idiot for not trying it sooner. After all, when one thought of tabletop games or video games, one of the first thoughts should have been skills.

Skills

Cost

Skill Level

Telepathy

2 m/s

1/ 10

Bind creature

Consent

MAX

Absorb Item

N/A

MAX

Create Item

Variable

MAX

The fact that he did not try it sooner was frustrating, but everyone has those blanks where you forget something super important, but it sits on the tip of your tongue, just waiting for you to grasp it. As he read it, he had so many questions. Starting from the top, with telepathy, he could apparently only talk for five seconds? How did he increase it's level? Or his mana pool for that matter. He would have to be careful to use this whenever he finally saw someone. After all, he would not want to draw the attention of some random thief or brigand to either break him or sell him.

The last two skills seemed pretty self-explanatory, but he could be wrong. Either way, he would need an item first to be able to try them out. As for the second one, he was concerned for a couple of reasons. One, would that be like enslaving them to his will? Was that why the cost was consent? Which was a whole other issue since he was only able to talk for five seconds. He was thankful that his highest stat was charisma right now, but that was just in relation to his other skills. There was no way to know if it was high or low until he met someone else. He had tried to focus on the text to try and get explanations, but none popped up. Until he had someone or something, he had no idea how they worked. But that was a later problem. For now, he wanted to be able to see more than fifteen centimeters. It was laughable, his dick in his previous life was larger than the distance he could currently see.

17