3.1 A Loser Assists in Battle Part 1
164 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, here I am. 

The time is around 7am after a good night's sleep and full regeneration. My status is good for the first time since I was dropped into this world. I have both of my legs and I really wish that wasn't an important statement. I'm wearing a very tight and very suspicious pair of pants that seem to be off a rotting corpse. They've got blood stains on them and they're giving off a smell. Really hoping I don't get some sort of infection from these… I was not given any underwear.

 

This is what my information looks like about now:

 

Arthur Callow

Lvl: 3

(Summoned Hero)

 

Health: 225/250

Stamina: 263/300

Magic Power 5000/5000

Luck: 1,900,500,422

 

Strength: 10

Agility: 4

Constitution: 15

Intelligence: 11

 

The only negative status effect I have on my right now is "Obesity" and I have a sinking feeling in my sizable gut that's not going away. I haven't eaten in over a week now and yet I feel and look the same as ever. This reset power is pretty shitty in that context, it seems. It's nice and all not being able to die but what kind of low quality life will I be living past this point? I can always up my skills seeing as how I can still use that healing spell it seems but when it comes to physical training I'm screwed. I’m just assuming that I would have lost weight in that time span, anyway.

I should try, though, see if it works at all. If it doesn't I'll be making myself miserable without a reason but if it does I'll finally be doing something about myself. Even if it's a life or death necessity self improvement is still good, right? …Right? 

I've been pigeonholed into being a mage. A mage, someone who eats people to get power. 

Great.

 

But, one thing can be said about all of this, riding on a dragon is horrible. Every part of me hurts. My legs are spread out far enough that it's hurting my pelvis. If I break something it's M.S.F.'s fault. And- well, let's just say if I wasn't resetting in 17 hours I wouldn't be having kids. 

Just a couple of minutes ago, after that horrible life-ending ride was over, I was doubled over gagging up nothing at a tree while holding myself. The dragon was behind me looking on with her head tilted like a curious dog. 

I slapped my cheeks. 

"Okay, I'm ready." Ready as I'll ever be. 

Standing up straight the dragon loomed over me at full size. She was looking up at the sun. Actually, when I looked at her face I realized those snake-like eyes of hers were closed. Pensive. Almost like she was praying the dragon reached her neck up in the sky like one of the massive trees around us and blew out smoke. That was a sigh, either that or a sign of something else. 

We had followed the river up stream, passing the places I passed on the way to M.S.F.'s cave. Running like she had this dragon was probably faster than a car. If her wings hadn't been behind me, I would have flown off immediately. Why she didn’t just fly I have no idea. Can this dragon even fly at all? She has wings, doesn’t she?

"What do I do?"

"You stay back and use Transcendent Light Heal when I am injured."

As she said this a crashing sound erupted from the forest behind her. Off in the short distance there was a wave motion moving quickly towards us. The massive pine trees fell forward down, crumbling under the pressure of a black mass. It was fast, terrifying fast. I stumbled backwards looking up at M.S.F.

The thing moving our direction was a monster with an appearance eerily similar to her own. The only difference I could see was a whiteness being trailed by the massive thing as that same fluid leaked from its body. It moved in an unnatural way even with it's speed. It let out a bone-chilling scream. I winced, covering my ears. White ooze sprayed from its mouth. M.S.F. shot towards the thing faster than I could see. The air shook as they crashed into each other. The dragon on "my side" was pushed back, her tail whipping around over my head, cutting the trees behind me in half and sending the top part flying over to the left. 

I have to get out of here. 

The ground shook like an earthquake as the dragons tumbled to the side as their heads bit at each other's necks. Shoving the other monster out of the way M.S.F. roared mouth-full of fire at the other one. That second dragon swatted her face away while screeching, leaving a nasty gash on her eye. It lunged again, biting her shoulder. She seemed to be trying to push it off but that other dragon was stronger than her by a long shot. Upon her stabbing it in the back and neck with her tail it finally let go and bowled over another few trees while falling backwards. 

Oh, well, here goes nothing. While my dragon was backing off as they began to circle each other I held my hands up to her back. 

"Tran- Transcendent Light healing(?)"

A soft pick glow enveloped M.S.F. as her injuries from just now started to close. The blood flow from her wound slowly stopped and her scales shifted back into place, even growing new ones. The two kept circling each other but I had a better idea. The other dragon looked over at me with some terrifying glare. I backed off. I ran in the other direction as the other dragon stabbed his tail at M.S.F., who decided to dodge backwards. She got back up and lunged at it causing the two to make a crater trail in the ground. I ran over to the left as M.S.F. let loose another spray of fire. Gasping for breath I leaned against a tree for only a moment, reading my hand for another cast of the healing magic. The other monster tried to get at her side but she stabbed at him with her tail, clawing his with her forelegs. In an instant his jaws were back around her throat and M.S.F. was on the ground kicking at him just trying to get it off. 

That weird white stuff coming from under his scales was getting everywhere. A portion of it flew over to me, which I just barely ducked out of the way from. It landed on a tree, splattering. It was fizzing? As the dragons behind her tousled around even more making a new grove in this forest I looked more closely at that stuff. It was the water from the river. What the hell? 

Right above my head a massive scorpion-like stinger pierced the tree I was looking at. Shit, I shouldn't get distracted. I almost pissed my pants with that one. 

M.S.F threw the monster again and once more backed off. Her breathing was ragged and deep red blood was gushing out of the wound on her throat. 

"Transcendent light heal!"

I cast my magic at the dragon. As the wound closed she coughed up a wad of blood. It stunk like iron. She backed off near me.The other dragon hissed and dripped, staggering from its wounds that weren't being healed. 

I have a bad feeling about that thing. There's something deeply wrong with that dragon. It hasn't talked once, which by M.S.F I know it can do, and it's oozing those terrifying white things from the river. 

"What's wrong with that thing?" I said, directing my question at M.S.F, whose back was to me. 

"He's dead."

The two lunged at each other once more. 

 

8