Chapter 66. Dilemma
19.5k 17 336
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The Incubus System Chapter 66. Dilemma
I sat on the bed, my head rested on the headboard. A book was in my hand, my eyes moved side to side, reading it while my other hand moved to rub Foxy's hair who was lying comfortably on my lap. We just finished washing clothes and tidying up the room. I also taught her a few things about the human world, including how to use some electronics, as well as explained about Celia to her.
My eyes glanced at the clock.
04.43 PM.
'I have to go now.' I had an appointment with Pearl at 5.00 PM.
Seeing Foxy still fast asleep on my lap, I shifted my body slowly, trying not to wake her up, but she opened her eyes.
"Master, where are you going?" she asked, sitting on the bed and rubbing her eyes.
I took my clothes from the wardrobe and changed it in front of her.
"I have some appointments with my partners." I had also told her about my partners and the demon hunters, as well as asked her to hide or use her shape-shifting skills if she meets Celia later.
Foxy looked at me with a disappointed expression.
I walked over to her and stroked her head.
"Take a rest. You're still tired, aren't you?" She just escaped from the Hounds and had sex with me, I was sure she must be tired.
Even though her expression didn't change but she still nodded her head.
"I'll be waiting for you."
"I'll take my leave." I turned around, walked down the stairs, put on my shoes and locked the door.
My hand reached out and imagined an alley in Nighthallow City.
'Portal.'
[Set your destination.]
'Alley in front of Nighthallow Station.'
[The destination has been set.]
A portal that resembled a small black hole opened in front of me.
[The portal has opened! ]
Quickly, my feet stepped into the portal and as soon as I left it, I arrived at Nighthallow City.
[The portal has closed! ]
I swept my gaze around me once again, making sure no one was around before activating my incubus form and walking out of the alley to the Sea Devil club.
As I walked, faintly, I could catch the giggling sounds of girls around me. Their eyes stared and followed me. I simply flashed my smile at them.
"Kyaaa --- he smiled at me," one of the girls' small screams could be heard.
I chuckled by their reactions as my feet continued to move forward towards Ledred. Even though I felt awkward about this at first but now that I was used to things like this, people's attention turned to me as I passed by or sometimes some voices and small screams from girls.
I just entered Ledred District when a woman blocked me.
"Good evening, handsome. Do you mind to accompany me today?"
"I'm so--" I was about to turn it down, but another woman came to me from the other side.
"Forget about her. I'll pay you double," she interrupted.
The first woman looked at the second woman with a displeased face.
"I saw him first."
"So?" replied the second woman in an arrogant tone.
It was Saturday, of course, Ledred was busier than usual but I didn't think I could attract this much attention. I was just about to calm them down.
"Ladies ----"
But another woman's voice interrupted me.
"Triple ."
We turned to the direction where the voice was coming from.
"I'll pay you triple for accompanying me," said the woman as she walked over to me.
The two previous women looked at her unhappily.
"Get your own man!" said one of them.
"Then I'll pay you as much as you want," said another.
Their attitude which kept cutting my words started to irritate me.
Another woman called me.
"Damian!"
I turned around to where the voice came from and saw Mia approaching me. She hugged my arm intimately and smiled.
"Sorry for making you wait."
While I immediately grasped with her intention.
"It's okay, I just arrived." I held her hand tighter. I turned my gaze to the women who were staring at Mia in displeasure.
"I'll excuse myself." Then we walked away from them.
"Mia, what are you doing here?" I asked after we got away from them. It was Saturday, she didn't go to work. So there's no way she could happen to be here, whereas we didn't have an appointment either
Mia giggled.
"Of course, because I want to see you. What else?"
"Does Pearl know about this?" I made sure that yesterday's debate would not happen again.
"She already knows. In fact, she is the one who asked me to come."
My smile started to appear.
"Really?" This was good news because it meant their relationship was improving.
"Yes. We made up because of someone." Her eyes glanced at me as she smiled.
I chuckled. It seemed that they hadn't given up yet.
"Are you still not giving up about that?" I asked in a relaxed tone.
"We'll see," Mia said confidently. From her tone, I could tell they had something planned for me.
"Okay." But one for sure, they wouldn't be able to beat an incubus like me in my own game.
------
Emma's PoV
Emma sat in silence in her car. Her mind sank in yesterday's and today's events. After she returned to the classroom, everyone looked at her in shock and confusion. They said she disappeared for no reason and suddenly entered the classroom even though no one saw her leave. Even though after that the class continued as usual but of course the whole class' attention was still on her. If Olivia wasn't the one who drove out their gaze with her fierce gaze, perhaps her classmates would have stared at her until the class ended. Despite Olivia's attitude, Emma realized that Olivia was also looking at her curiously but Olivia held back her question because she saw Emma's confusion clearly from her face.
But even if Olivia asked her, what could she say? She didn't understand what had happened either, even if she told her honestly, it was certain that even Olivia would think her crazy. 
Her anxiety and curiosity enveloped her heart. It felt like she wanted to find that winged demon as soon as possible but without her Demon Compass, what could she do? In fact, she was desperate enough to lie to Damian by saying she would take him on patrol today just to get some information from him.
Without a Demon Compass or information from the headquarters, she wouldn't be able to detect a demon at all. That's why she planned to take him in circles as she dig some information from him.
Her gaze shifted, looking out of the window, staring at the Nighthallow City's bustling streets. Suddenly, her eyes caught Damian's figure walking out of an alley. Her gaze followed Damian in curiosity.
"Stop the car," she said to her chauffeur.
Their car slowed down and pulled over.
"What's the matter, miss?" asked the chauffeur in confusion.
"I just remember I has an appointment with my friend around here. Pick me up at 10.00 PM," said Emma as she opened the door. 
Her feet moved swiftly past the people while her eyes moved to find Damian among the crowd.
"Kyaaa --- he smiled at me." A girl's scream distracted her attention. Her eyes caught Damian walking past the girls.
She chased after him and overheard the girls' chat. Her steps stopped.
"I never liked a prostitute before but he is completely different."
"I don't even mind booking him. He makes me want to do a lot of naughty things," said another.
The other one giggled.
"Save your dreams. Don't you know? He already belongs to the Ledred's ruler, Lady Pearl."
"Aawww ..." voices of disappointment came from them.
"Unfortunately I heard Lady Pearl likes to 'torment' her men with her tentacles. I can't imagine how Lady Pearl tied him up and 'tortured' him slowly."
"If I'm Lady Pearl, I will do that every night. Can you imagine how his sharp eyes turned into a pleading look?"
They were silent for a moment as smiles began to develop on their faces.
"Ahhhh! I want to see it!"
"I need some Holy Water to clear all this wild imagination from my head."
Emma resumed her steps, leaving them. Her heart was beating fast.
'Damian is a prostitute? Is that why he refused to become a demon hunter? Because he felt that a prostitute like him wasn't worthy of being a demon hunter? ' She couldn't believe that a man as kind as him had that kind of profession. She even started to wonder what Theo would say if he found out about this.
Her feet carried her to the Ledred District. Her eyes fixed on Damian. He was surrounded by several women who seemed to be fighting over him. But shortly a Lamia came and embraced his arm.
Emma's heart pounded even faster as she watched them move away. She tried to keep her focus, ignoring the turmoil in her heart and walking after them. She was a demon hunter. Her goal was to find out about the winged demon from Damian. The world was currently in danger, she didn't have time to think about this. After all, wasn't it normal for a prostitute to do this?
They entered a large club. While Emma stopped her steps. Disappointment, sadness and jealousy overtook her heart.
'I've only known you for a few days but why do I feel like this ...' 

Update: I've added all my characters' body descriptions in the Glossary


336