Chapter 126. A Demon Who Fights For Human
14.4k 18 292
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The Incubus System Chapter 126. A Demon Who Fights For Human
Twenty of my black lances appeared and followed beside me as I used my skills.
'Demonic Energy. Demonic Claw. '
[Demonic Claw has been activated.]
[Demonic Energy has been activated.]
[STR: 60 + 108]
[AGI: 50+ 90]
[Time remaining: 4:58]
I waved my hand, moving my black lances to launch faster. Mrs Clea caught Alan and raised her head, her hand extended upward, ready to counter the imps' poison spikes. But my Demonic Spikes had already destroyed them, at least the poison spikes that were rushing right at her since their spikes were so many. Meanwhile, the remaining poison spikes stuck into the surrounding ground and gave off a loud hissing sound.
Mrs Clea's eyes widened in shock as she saw me glide towards one of the Nefarious Imps with my claw swinging to the imp's head. While the imp was shocked by my sudden attack.
[You have hit a Nefarious Imp for 160 HP. ]
"Rrrrwwaaaarrrrrr!" A roar of pain escaped his mouth.
His mouth was wide open, revealing an orb with a purple glow in it. Without wasting time, I stabbed my other claw to it.
[Critical hit!]
[You have hit a Nefarious Imp for 504 HP. ]
Mercilessly, I used my Hell Thunder. My dark lightning shot out from my palm that was still in his mouth, striking his body as he groaned in pain.
[Critical hit!]
[You have struck a Nefarious Imp for 429 HP. ]
As he turned to ashes, another Nefarious Imp glided at me, his green orbs following him. I recast my Demonic Spike, grabbed two of my black lances and threw the rest to counter them. His orbs and my lances collided in the mid-air. His claw swung at me. I brushed off his claw and stabbed my lance right into his other claw.
[You have shot a Nefarious Imp for 73 HP. ]
"Raahhhhh!" His scream of pain was heard. Without wasting a chance, I stabbed my other sharp into the orb.
[Critical hit!]
[You have shot a Nefarious Imp for 215 HP. ]
My lance pierced his body and let out a hissing sound. Before he could fight back, I used my Hell Thunder on him, without taking my hand off my lance.
[You have struck a Nefarious Imp for 143 HP. ]
I couldn't use my Hell Thunder skill from a distance, because they could have guessed my real identity from there since Ruby already knew I could use this skill.
"Argggg!" A scream of pain followed.
[Your opponent has been paralyzed.]
[Time remaining: 00:09]
I grinned.
'Gotcha!' Not wasting my chance, I swung my claws at his orb twice.
[Critical hit!]
[You have hit a Nefarious Imp for 502 HP. ] X2
That imp turned to ashes.
I turned to the other two imps who were busy fighting with Ruby and Mrs Clea. Mrs Clea's Holy Orbs flew over those Imps, while Alan perched on her shoulder, occasionally he waved his wing, shooting his feather spikes. While the other wing remained still. It looks like he couldn't fly because of his wound. Their sweat was pouring out and I could see their MP getting lower.
I needed to admit, Mrs Clea and Ruby's presence really helped me. Moreover, those Imps seemed to be more focused on them than me, so I could beat those Nefarious Imps more easily by taking advantage of their negligence.
'Demonic Spike!' My black lances appeared and flew with me to one of those Nefarious Imps.
That imp threw his Acid Bombs at Mrs Clea but she threw her white orbs to counter it. Noticing a movement behind him, the imp turned to me in shock since I attacked him suddenly. But it was too late, all my black lances stabbed his back without fail.
[You have shot a Nefarious Imp for 74 HP. ] X20
Even though my black lances didn't reach his critical point, since all my lances didn't miss, in an instant he turned to ashes.
Without a pause, I continued to glide on the last Imp who was busy countering Mrs Clea's Holy Orb and Ruby's Holy Blast. My claw swung at him, but he brushed it with his tail. At the same time, Mrs Clea did not waste that opportunity and threw her Holy Orbs again. But that imp countered it with his acid bombs.
I swung my claws repeatedly. While that Imp brushed it off with his claws and tail. Then suddenly a white light pierced his shoulder. I knew it was Ruby's Holy Blast.
[The Nefarious Imp has taken 54 magical damage.]
"Gaaaarrrhhhh!" That imp screamed in pain and I stabbed my claw to his orb.
[Critical hit!]
[You have hit a Nefarious Imp for 506 HP. ]
And ended it with my Hell Thunder.
[Critical hit!]
[You have struck a Nefarious Imp for 430 HP. ]
The imp turned to ashes.
*Ting!*
[All enemies have been defeated!]
[Level Up!]
[You are now Level 28.]
[You have 7 unused stat points.]
[You have 1 unused skill point.]
But I knew, even with that announcement my fight was not over. A bolt of lightning and a white light shot from beneath me. Quickly, I took out my Demonic Spike and arranged several of them in front of me and turned them into my shield, blocking their attacks from reaching me.
- Boom!
Our attacks collided in the mid-air and created a strong wind around us.
I turned to the origin of the attack and saw Ruby and Mrs Clea pointed their hands to me, preparing to attack me. But despite their unfriendly gesture, I could see their hesitation, especially Mrs Clea. Besides if she wanted to kill or hurt me, she should be using her Holy Orb, not her Thunder Strike. From there I guessed, she just wanted to paralyze me to catch me or find out about the demons from me.
"Is that your way to thank me? Or humans don't have any manners?" I said in a cold voice. My hand pulled the front of my cap to make sure they didn't see my face. My remaining black lances hovered around me, getting ready to counter their attacks.
"You!" Ruby looked angry and almost shot out her Holy Blast again, but Mrs Clea stopped her and lowered her hand.
"We just wanted to talk," said Mrs Clea calmly. She also lowered her hand, indicating she didn't want to fight me. But that didn't mean I lowered my guard.
"I've said what I know. You've heard it from your subordinates, haven't you? " I said straight to the point.
Their eyes widened in shock since there were only the two of them when Ruby told Mrs Clea about me.
"How do you know about it?" Ruby asked curtly.
I let out an evil chuckle.
"It doesn't matter how I know it. The important thing is, you have to take my warning seriously," I said with a smirk.
"May I know your reason why you helped us?" asked Mrs Clea.
'Reason ...' Of course because I was once human, I wanted to protect the people I loved and protect the world that my father had protected with his life. But I could not say it bluntly.
"Don't get me wrong. I'm not helping you, I just want to solve this problem faster. After all, the source of this problem is on the border between the human world and the dark dimension, so it's not just the human problem, but also mine."
Ruby let out a short condescending chuckle.
"Did I hear wrong? The demons entered our world and messed with us. Isn't that what you were hoping for? Take over this world and make us your food?"
Mrs Clea turned her head to Ruby.
"Watch your mouth," she said in a displeased tone. I knew she didn't mention Ruby's name on purpose to protect her identity.
"Not all demons want that," I replied simply.
"Then what do you want?" asked Mrs Clea.
I was speechless. Of course, I wanted to end this crack problem as soon as possible, but after that, after the border between the human world and the dark dimension returned to normal, what should I do? Could I stay here? Or should I go to the dark dimension? Where a demon like me belonged?
'No, I want to stay here with Celia and the others ... that's why I have to make a peaceful world for them.' I clenched my fists.
"I want to solve this problem as soon as possible and get back together with my loved ones," I replied.
"Hmph!" Ruby snorted with a smirk.
"So do you want to say demons have hearts?"
I smirked.
"Of course we have. We have friends, family and can fall in love, " Then I turned to Mrs Clea.
"Just as you love your dead lover."
In an instant, their faces turned pale and their shock was clearly visible on their faces, even their hoods couldn't cover it.
I let out a condescending chuckle at their reaction.
"Calm down. I told you I'm not your enemy."
"How do we know if you are telling the truth or not?" asked Mrs Clea in a serious tone.
"Didn't I prove it by helping you?" I replied in a relaxed tone.
"You could be faking it," Ruby said in a cynical tone.
A chuckle came out of my mouth again.
"Now tell me, what benefits do I get from helping the demon hunter association's leader? If I'm your enemy, wouldn't it be better to watch those Imps kill you slowly?"
Their surprise returned to their faces, but it wasn't as clear as before since they had expected I already knew this far. This time, Mrs Clea lowered her head, confusion was evident in her eyes.
"We wouldn't lose to those demons," said Ruby. Although her cynical tone did not change, this time I caught her doubt in it.
"Then could you explain why I didn't take the chance and attack you?"
This time Ruby was speechless. She knew I had so many opportunities to attack them when they fought the Imps but I didn't do anything, instead, I helped them.
"I'll end our conversation here," I said as I opened the portal to my room behind me.
[The portal has opened! ]
"Wait!" shouted Mrs Clea. Her hand reached out towards me as she shot her Thunder Strike. Meanwhile, Ruby also shot her Holy Blast at me. But as before, I arranged my remaining black lances in front of me and turned them into my shield, blocking their attacks from reaching me.
- Boom!
An explosion occurred in our midst followed by a strong wind that swept my face.
I held my cap, preventing the wind from blowing it.
"Good Night, Miss Ruby, Mrs Clea," I said as I glided backwards and entered the portal.

------


Mrs Clea's PoV
"Wait!" she shouted once again. But that winged demon had disappeared inside that dark hole and a second later the hole also disappeared from her sight. If only Alan hadn't been injured, maybe she could order him to chase that demon.
"He even knows our names," muttered Ruby. Her surprise was clearly visible on her face.
Actually, Clea also felt the same way because she didn't expect this demon to know so many things. Even for secret things, such as her identity as the demon hunter's chairwoman and her dead lover. Her heart was pounding violently when she found out that the demon knew about Renart, so she wanted to ask a couple of questions that continued to bother her to this day. What happened a year ago? Did he know what happened to Renart? What happened to the demons that killed him? But too bad that winged demon was gone before she could ask.
"What should we do now?" Ruby's voice dispersed her thoughts.
"We will follow his suggestion for recruiting new members and assign more hunters in one area," she said.
"Then what about him? Do we need to tell the senates about this?" asked Ruby again.
"No, the Senates will only limit our movements. I want to find out more from him," she replied firmly.
Ruby looked at Clea for a moment and caught her seriousness in her eyes. Although her decision would anger the senates, she knew that nothing could change Clea's decision.
"Fine," she replied simply.
Clea's eyes looked up at the clear night sky.
'If we meet again, I'll make you answer all my questions. Including questions about Renart ... '
292