Chapter 128. Night Visit II
15.2k 31 282
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The Incubus System Chapter 128. Night Visit II
"Wahahaha! Don't be too nervous, I won't do anything to you, ya know!" said Emma's father with laughter as he patted me on the shoulder repeatedly. We were sitting side by side on the luxurious leather sofa in a large living room with several servants standing by the side of the room, ready to serve us. While Emma sat on a separate sofa. Three cups of hot tea on the coffee table in front of us.
I smiled awkwardly in response. Emma's father's name was Richard Lunaspark. He was tall and had a big muscular body, more than Bern and Franz. Even though he was very friendly, his face looked fierce and I was sure everyone would be intimidated just by his glare. But that was not what made me a little nervous, it because I, a demon, had to meet face to face with one of the greatest magic technology company's owner and to make it worse, I already had sex with his daughter.
"Dad, don't pick on Ethan. If you continue like that his visit will be in vain," said Emma, trying to release me from her father's grasp. It was her father who asked her to meet me and Emma thought it just a brief introduction, but it looks like Richard was interested in me since this was the first time Emma let a boy meet her at her house, so he decided to find out about me more.
"Pfttt!" Richard held his laughter.
"We are family! You can talk about it here. Don't be shy. I can keep my mouth shut about anything," he said in a casual tone.
Emma had said she wanted to take me to her room accompanied by her butler but Richard did not agree and asked us to talk in the living room, and worse in front of him and the other servants. We couldn't talk about Myra and the demon hunter association here.
"Daddd," Emma sulked. Her irritation was visible on her face.
"It's okay. I don't mind," I said. I knew, if she forced it, Richard would get more suspicious of us. Moreover, since Emma's father was here I wanted to use this to say something else.
Emma frowned in objection.
"But-"
Before she finished her sentence, I interrupted her.
“I want to talk about this,” I said as I took out Pearl's Demon Shield bracelet from my pocket.
Their eyes were fixed on the bracelet in my hand and they quickly realized that it was a magic technology device.
"What is this?" Emma asked in confusion since I hadn't told her about this.
Meanwhile, Richard turned to a nearby servant.
"Bring me my 'magic item appraisal'," he ordered. And the servant quickly carried out his orders.
"This is the Demon Shield bracelet. It works just like the anti-demon door and magic shield but it only blocks demons, not humans," I explained.
"Are you the inventor?" asked Richard.
"No, my acquaintance made it. But since she has a bad reputation, she has a hard time to mass produce this. That's why I decided to help her."
A servant handed him a strange magnifier and Richard took it.
"Can I check it for a moment?"
I gave the bracelet to Richard.
He examined the bracelet with it. Even though I didn't see any change from the original shape of the bracelet, the blue light flowing around it was visible from the magnifier.
While Richard was busy with it, I turned to Emma and moved my lips 'Where is your room?'
She moved her lips '2nd Floor, East balcony'.
I nodded my head. Since the room had a balcony I should be able to enter more easily.
"Hmmm ..." Richard's muttering voice returned our attention to him.
"Is something wrong, sir?" I asked.
"Nothing. This is interesting." He returned the bracelet to me and I took it.
"Can I meet your acquaintance? I want to discuss some things with her."
"Of course. I'm sure she'll love to meet you," I said with a smile. This was good news for Pearl.
"Then how about next week?" said Richard.
"Okay. I'll tell her about it."
Then Richard gave me a serious gaze. With his fierce face, he looked like he wanted to swallow me whole.
"If you want to talk about this why don't you come straight to me?"
"Dad, stop it. Don't scare Ethan like that," said Emma in objection.
Richard turned to Emma.
"A man should have the courage to speak directly, not through you."
But I kept my cool.
"I think you misunderstand me, sir. I intend to ask Emma's opinion on this and find the right time to tell you. I mean --- Since I'm a nobody, I can't possibly ask to meet you out of nowhere."
He nodded his head repeatedly.
"That makes sense."
Well, I was not confused by his reaction since Emma was his only child. Of course, he was very protective of Emma, that's why I was confused why Emma could become a Demon Hunter despite her status and her wealth.
"Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I think it's getting late. I have to go home now," I said as I put the bracelet into my pocket and stood up from my seat.
"I hope we can talk more at our next meeting," said Richard.
I nodded my head.
"I hope so too."
"I'll take you to the front door," said Emma as she stood up.
Both of us walked side by side while Adam followed us from behind.
"Be careful with the front gates' CCTVs. 6 on main gates, 4 on east gates," she whispered without turning to me. It seemed that she had memorized all those CCTVs' location since she often sneaked out of her house.
I answered with a slight nod.
After we arrived at the front door, a luxurious car was waiting for me. Swiftly, Adam opened the door.
"Mr Richard asked me to take you home," he said politely.
"Just take me to the bus stop," I said. It would take at least an hour to reach Ironshade Town from here.
"Okay," he said.
I turned to Emma.
"Good Night, Emma."
"Nite, Ethan."
After that, I got into the car.
As before, Adam sat next to the chauffeur and the car moved. While I looked at the window, watching my surroundings, especially searching where Emma's room was. My eyes caught a balcony overlooking the shady trees in the yard.
'Got it.' Then I returned my gaze to the front.
The car moved down a quiet street and finally stopped at the bus stop.
Adam opened the door and I got out of it.
"Thanks for the ride," I said.
"Are you sure you want to go home by yourself?" Adam confirmed once more. This place was so quiet and the next bus schedule was still 30 minutes away.
"Yes, I'm sure."
Adam turned from side to side. Even though the street lights were bright, the streets were very quiet. I could catch his worry.
"Do I need to accompany you here?" he offered.
I waved my hand quickly.
"That's okay. I'm used to this," I refused.
"Very well. Then I'll excuse myself." Adam lowered his head and got into the car.
I waited for the car to disappear from my sight. Then I walked towards the trees near the bus stop and stretched out my hand, imagining in Emma's yard, near the balcony.
'Portal.'
[Set your destination.]
'Emma's yard, Nighthallow City.'
[The destination has been set.]
A portal that resembled a small black hole opened in front of me.
[The portal has opened! ]
Quickly, my feet stepped into the portal. I took my head out of the portal and looked around, making sure no one was around and making sure there were no CCTVs around me. Luckily, there were a lot of shady trees here that could cover my presence. I stepped out and pressed my back against the large tree trunk near me. My eyes fixed on the balcony and realized that the light was already on, indicating that Emma had returned to her room.
I swept my gaze once again confirming my surroundings before I activated my Demonic Form.
Two horns appeared above my head along with a pair of bat wings growing behind my back. A tail grew behind me and slipped out of my trousers, my eyes turned red and my face changed to Damian.
[You have activated your Demonic Form.]
[Fly has been activated.]
[All skills effectiveness + 30%.]
282